SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We are indeed buying a house in the Villages Florida
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We are indeed buying a house in the Villages Florida Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I had a thread about taking care and closing a house in Florida when we aren’t there. Anyhow this is an investment. Not so much for financial gain, but for location. We explored the future Villages area and there not much for preserve sites. We have nature in our yard.

We will be absentee owners for a few years and may rent it now and then. I’ll post pics when Imgur decides to let me resize. Probably not till I’m home on the computer. But here’s the listing for the house.

https://www.thevillages.com/ho...86591360951103&lvl=2

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12450 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Big garage! I like it! Beautiful house. Congratulations.

Posts: 26940 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrat! My brother Stephen and his wife are looking closely at the Villages and have done lots of research and paid a visit/tour.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Looks really nice! Congrats.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The pics with furniture, one for the living area and one for the bedroom, did the photographer photoshop those items in?

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Yes it’s “virtually staged”.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12450 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, a 3 car garage is a must here since there are no basements for storage.

That small garage door is perfect for a golf cart, be sure to put that in your budget, you want to be ecologically sound when you are in town LOL...

Can you get solar added as part of the purchase, I would do that to bury the cost in the home and eliminate the power bills.

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. The Villages are really nice place to live. My mother-in-law and my sons mother-in-law both live there. One of the best places in Fla.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4016 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Badass! Congratulations! That's pretty awesome. Same thing I would like to do, if possible.

My wife and I are going to the Villages in a couple weeks. Scouting mission. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
A friend moved there last year. Seems the residents are quite active in “adult” pursuits.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Oddly enough I just watched this a few weeks ago. Looks like a nice combination of activities and such. I really enjoy his videos.

Good luck with your new endeavor! Love the golf cart garage door!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats, not something I would ever consider doing but understand and it seems many like and enjoy the idea.

That lifestyle has no appeal to me. But if it did 2209er's post about restrictions, rules, busybodies and all the rest would make run, not walk away. That is not my idea of how to spend my golden years by any stretch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19233 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
A friend moved there last year. Seems the residents are quite active in “adult” pursuits.

Yes of course we are moving here for the swingers lifestyle. Big Grin

The history of that rumor is interesting. It’s not actually true.

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
Congrats! Great house on a great lot - will take a pool nicely if you go that route in the future. Did your sales agent indicate when they might start building houses in the new areas across the turnpike? I know they're still building east of you in Dabney, just curious if there was a timeline that they shared with you.

Posts: 164 | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cudameat:
Congrats! Great house on a great lot - will take a pool nicely if you go that route in the future. Did your sales agent indicate when they might start building houses in the new areas across the turnpike? I know they're still building east of you in Dabney, just curious if there was a timeline that they shared with you.

They’ve already started the family section (Middleton). We drove through the Eastport area yesterday. Lots of infrastructure being built. But no specifics on houses starting. I’m sure it won’t be long. My neighborhood (Lake Denham) and Dabney seem to be finishing up and the entire Eastport area seems primed to go. It does look like the first 55+ areas to get homes will be next to Middleton.

We didn’t see any or any preserve type areas on the southern side. It’s a vast area. It was our first interest but after checking it out we decided we liked this location better.

Oh and a pool is a must but won’t be until we are scheduled to move her permanently.

These go to eleven.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
An interesting story, and one to be aware of, here. Management has almost total control and uses it to their advantage.
Anyone who runs their numbers to see if it can work for them needs to factor this into the equation.

https://theintercept.com/2023/...illages-oren-miller/

Posts: 9544 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That’s fantastic and it looks like a nice house.

Posts: 11009 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congratulations.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We toured the Villages about 3 years ago. Loved it in January but was afraid summers would be rough based on our experiences in Disney in June. We ended up in Tucson where the humidity is manageable.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Yes of course we are moving here for the swingers lifestyle. Big Grin

The history of that rumor is interesting. It’s not actually true.

So no pink flamingos and upside down pineapples?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3459 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post