SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Booing the President & First Lady when they tried to pay their respects to RGB, questioning Amy Coney Barret's qualifications because of her religion, and bringing up her adopted children......

There really seems to be no limit to how low liberals & Dems will stoop, and how absolutely tasteless they are. And this sort of BS will continue to get even worse.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It doesn't matter. She will be confirmed and they know it.

I absolutely agree, and there is not a damned thing the Democrats can do. I would like to see McConnell and Graham just go straight to the votes, since we all know they secured them. Others want to see the Dems put Barrett through the gauntlet to showcase the Democrat slander-fest. Me, I want to see the commies meltdown on a quick confirmation, and the prolonged tantrum until election day.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

I absolutely agree, and there is not a damned thing the Democrats can do. I would like to see McConnell and Graham just go straight to the votes, since we all know they secured them. Others want to see the Dems put Barrett through the gauntlet to showcase the Democrat slander-fest. Me, I want to see the commies meltdown on a quick confirmation, and the prolonged tantrum until election day.

I agree as well. It wouldn't shock me to see them throw some crying biological mother up there saying Barrett ripped her kid away. Skip the hearing and the fabricated circus that is coming.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the votes are there....I say go ahead with a vote and the Dems be damned. She does not deserve to be slandered, attacked and lied about during any three ring circus hearing. They will do that anyway afterward but confirm her and tell them to go to hell without giving them several days worth of hearings to do so. They are the lowest form of scum in the universe and can go to hell.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
There really seems to be no limit to how low liberals & Dems will stoop, and how absolutely tasteless they are. And this sort of BS will continue to get even worse.
They are so low they have to climb a ladder to look a snake in the eye.

And there is nothing in the Constitution that says there must be "hearings" before a vote on a SCOTUS nomination.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
If the votes are there....I say go ahead with a vote and the Dems be damned. She does not deserve to be slandered, attacked and lied about during any three ring circus hearing. They will do that anyway afterward but confirm her and tell them to go to hell without giving them several days worth of hearings to do so. They are the lowest form of scum in the universe and can go to hell.

There is NOTHING in the Constitution about hearings where the Dems will just smear the living shit out of the nominee. All it says is the President nominates and they vote to confirm or not confirm. The hearings are a TRADITION ONLY.

I think McConnell should just take the vote and spare ACB the onslaught she will face from desperate, frantic Democrats.

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full speed ahead for Judge Amy. Deny the dims their circus.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The Republicans must confirm ACB prior to the election.

To sit back and wait for a new president to nominate allows for greater Democrat voter turnout on election day.

Confirming ACB leads to decreased Democrat turnout on election day disappointed that ACB was confirmed.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31426 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Just call a vote. No need for a circus. Just vote and do to the dems what they have been doing to us for the past 12 years.

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Just call a vote. No need for a circus. Just vote and do to the dems what they have been doing to us for the past 12 years.

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29710 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Watch live:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24130 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
They are so low they have to climb a ladder to look a snake in the eye.

And there is nothing in the Constitution that says there must be "hearings" before a vote on a SCOTUS nomination.

flashguy

I believe that phrase for which you are looking is, “Lower than eel feces in the bottom of the Marianas Trench.”

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
The right President at the right time.

Posts: 3459 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDSfMpuSck0

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The Republicans must confirm ACB prior to the election.

To sit back and wait for a new president to nominate allows for greater Democrat voter turnout on election day.

Confirming ACB leads to decreased Democrat turnout on election day disappointed that ACB was confirmed.
And avoids having a possible 4-4 split when (not if) the Election comes before SCOTUS (know the Dems will push it).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I surely hope this goes for the vote in the Senate on Monday, where she’s confirmed and that is the end of it. Wham bam thank you ma’am. All the leftists can go back through a remedial 7th grade civics course to understand how it works.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
I surely hope this goes for the vote in the Senate on Monday, where she’s confirmed and that is the end of it. Wham bam thank you ma’am. All the leftists can go back through a remedial 7th grade civics course to understand how it works.

They already said that they are going to vote a few days before the election

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Did they mention why? That seems like something that could be kind of stupid to do.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The dems need to be put into their proper place - fir example face down in a deep hole.

Enough of the circus. The first dem that opens his or her mouth to say anything derogatory against the nominee should be reason enough to suspend the remainder of the hearing and go straight to a vote.

They have one chance to be civil.

I’m so very tired of their bullshit.

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ Did they mention why? That seems like something that could be kind of stupid to do.

We have the votes to confirm her. So why rush the process, as long as she is on the Court before the election?

This will allow the Dems to most assuredly go full retard up to the election. I can only believe that this will help our side.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post