SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is what the Biden Administration is nominating for Federal District Courts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what the Biden Administration is nominating for Federal District Courts Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
She should have asked for a Life Line after every question.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:

time-wasting horse shit.

I think that might be the key. You can avoid several minutes worth of questioning just by adding these silly utterances to every statement you make.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Did both democrat and republican Senate Judiciary Committee members receive the same boilerplate preface to every answer? Or only the republicans?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There needs to be a law, or guidelines, or whatever: "Plain Speaking In Government"

I've watched several videos of Senator Kennedy questioning nominees and not a single one of these people will answer his questions, directly or indirectly. This is supposed to be government of, by and for the people, but all we get is gibberish and evasive responses.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do recall watching hearings for Kavanaugh as well as various Senate hearings with very intense questioning.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
quote:

time-wasting horse shit.

I think that might be the key. You can avoid several minutes worth of questioning just by adding these silly utterances to every statement you make.
This.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
time-wasting horse shit.
Running out the clock.

Professional career of Jessica Clarke Roll Eyes

2019-present: Chief of Civil Rights Bureau, New York State Office of the Attorney General

2016-2019: Emery Celli Brinckerhoff & Abady Ward & Maazel LLP
• 2018-2019: Of counsel
• 2016-2018: Associate

2010-2016: Trial attorney, Housing & Civil Enforcement Section of the Civil Rights Division, United States Department of Justice

2008-2010: Law clerk, Judge Solomon Oliver, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I love to listening to our local La Senator when he's on a roll.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I do recall watching hearings for Kavanaugh as well as various Senate hearings with very intense questioning.

Yes, they are republicans.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Another lying fucking leftist asshole cornered by Senator Kennedy.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
time-wasting horse shit.
Running out the clock.

Professional career of Jessica Clarke Roll Eyes

2019-present: Chief of Civil Rights Bureau, New York State Office of the Attorney General

2016-2019: Emery Celli Brinckerhoff & Abady Ward & Maazel LLP
• 2018-2019: Of counsel
• 2016-2018: Associate

2010-2016: Trial attorney, Housing & Civil Enforcement Section of the Civil Rights Division, United States Department of Justice

2008-2010: Law clerk, Judge Solomon Oliver, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio

Given this litany of experience she has tried maybe 4 to 6 jury trials gavel to gavel. Doubt any involved a life felony, or significant consequences, and mostly if not all were monetary punishments.

She has the right qualifications for the Federal Bench:

1. Black

2. Female

and if she’s LGBTQ or in transition or gender fluid a trifecta.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Given this litany of experience she has tried maybe 4 to 6 jury trials gavel to gavel. Doubt any involved a life felony, or significant consequences, and mostly if not all were monetary punishments.

She has the right qualifications for the Federal Bench:

1. Black

2. Female

and if she’s LGBTQ or in transition or gender fluid a trifecta.

Dan Proft, a radio talk show host here in Chicago, typically refers to Lori Lightfoot as 'Mayor Triple Threat' for checking these three boxes.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Gotta appreciate Sen. Kennedy's Columbo style.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am so proud of my brother-in-law who was nominated under Trump and is now seated as a federal judge. I loved watching his testimony in the Senate Judiciary Committee. He knocked it out of the park even when democrats tried to trip him up. He is a great man who does things for the right reason and has no agenda. He follows the law. Exactly the type of person who should be a judge.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
"Kennedy undresses Daily Ho." Stripped him nekked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, this is all just so special, so socially relevant, so in tune with the progressive spirit.

In other words, it's about time for me to puke.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Please tell me none of these idiots are actually being confirmed. They are actual enemies of “liberty and justice for all.”

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Senator Kennedy embarrasses yet another Biden judicial nominee.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ne-question-n2621006

Suggestion: If you're a guy appearing before the US Senate as a judge, TAKE OUT YOUR STUPID EARRING.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Birdoggin' 'em! Smile

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Kennedy eviscerates another leftist not worthy of judging honestly- well done!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post