SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is what the Biden Administration is nominating for Federal District Courts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what the Biden Administration is nominating for Federal District Courts Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Roll Eyes

Do you know why "Ms. Clarke" is sitting there? It's certainly not for her clear understanding of laws and procedures central to her prospective position. She's sitting there because she's not a white male. She's the color and gender du jour, and it's apparent she's incompetent. That's the plain and simple truth of the matter.

"Thank you for the question, Senator. Hurr durr..."

"In my fourteen years of experience..."

Uh huh. Were I Senator Kennedy, it would be all I could do to not ask her just what in the world she has been doing for the last fourteen years.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Continuing to lower the bar so no one is offended. BS! If you’re not qualified, beat it.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Over many years of dealing with people at all levels of corporate life I will tell you without hesitation that when a person's major defense of, or promotion of, their resume is how many years experience they have, they usually turn out to be near worthless. This young lady simply supports my position. It should be very clear to all, her opinion on any legal matter will trump the actual law and legal precedent in every case she touches.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Fourteen years in practice for a Federal trial bench? No way in hell.

No judge is going to know all, or even most, of the details of the questions of substantive law that come before them. There is just too much; that pool of knowledge is both deep and broad. They hear damn near every kind of case, except family law and probate. Criminal, business cases, cases under thousands of federal statutes, tax, securities, all sorts of regulations, state law claims . . . the list is unending. That is a lot to know. But in fourteen years you won't have enough experience, either legal or in life, to do that job.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My goodness.

I tell ya', I love it when Senator Kennedy gets at these idiots. You just know they underestimate him, due to his folksy, southern nature and manner of speaking. But the truth is, Senator Kennedy is an extremely intelligent and well educated man and rarely ever has the wool pulled over on him. The man is probably one of the smartest people in Washington in fact.

This nominee however...she looks like the kid asked to give an oral presentation in front of class and not only has zero understanding of the subject matter, but clearly didn't even attempt to prepare except for five minutes before and simply memorized "de novo, abuse of discretion, and clear error." Sorry, sweetheart, but that's not going to cut it with Senator Kennedy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
For those who may not know, the questions the senator asked about standards of review are taught to first-year law students. For a 14 year practicing lawyer to not know how to answer those extremely basic questions is disturbing.

And who coached her to say "Thank you, Senator, for the question" every time? That was just odd.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Betcha that was coached into her to keep her from blowing up every time Kennedy had the gall to question her.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh that was painful to watch. She's not fit to be on any bench.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I had just watched this. These communist dickheads won’t be happy until our legal system looks like Idiocracy. I’m sure you’ve seen how well The Wise Latina has done on the mandate case.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well she is polite and speaks English. I would say she is ok for traffic court with her fourteen years of experience.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
"Thank you for the question, Senator...." What the f---...just answer the damned question. Good friggin' god. JSMH...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
and this is the Assistant AG. Listen to this jackass.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Ms. Clarke specialized in Civil Rights and housing law during her brief working experience. The slate of nine candidates of which she is a member includes, according the official announcement from the White House, the following:

"...this slate includes:

A nominee who would be the first Native American Article III judge in California, the first Article III judge from the Navajo Nation, and the fifth Native American Article III judge actively serving in the United States.

A nominee who would be the only active Hispanic judge on the Eastern District of New York, which is a court with twelve active judges.

A nominee who would be the first LGBT Article III judge in Wisconsin and the first LGBT man to serve as an Article III federal judge anywhere in the Seventh Circuit.

A nominee who would be the third AAPI woman judge to ever serve in the Central District of California."

If I hadn't read that official announcement from the White House, I woulda thought the criteria for being nominated to the Federal Judiciary was knowledge of the law, rather than some category you can be assigned to. I'm not even sure being "the fifth Native American Article III judge actively serving in the United States" is a major breakthrough for anyone, Native American or just American.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saying stuff like "thank you for that question" gives you a little time to think about what you're going to say next. If you need more time to think, just keep saying meaningless stuff until you're ready to answer. Kind of avoids the awkward silence while you're figuring out what to say.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Well she is polite and speaks English. I would say she is ok for traffic court with her fourteen years of experience.
She probably thinks that when you ask for "light mayo" on your sandwich you mean that low-fat shit, and that. ain't. MAYONNAISE!!

Also, she refuses to use white bread, and sometimes, that's a real problem...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
If I hear another fucking Biden clown nominee utter the words “thank you for the question Senator”…I’ll have to hold back the desire to punch a baby or kick a kitten Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
If I hear another fucking Biden clown nominee utter the words “thank you for the question Senator”…I’ll have to hold back the desire to punch a baby or kick a kitten Eek
...or give a nun a wedgie.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I hope United Airlines is keeping track of these nominees. All those that don't make the cut can be hired as pilots. ALL HAIL for:
DIVERSITY
EQUALITY
INCLUSIVENESS!!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post