SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is what the Biden Administration is nominating for Federal District Courts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what the Biden Administration is nominating for Federal District Courts Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Her actions sure were affirmative.

That's the ONLY way she got a JD and passed the BAR.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Surely, someone on Brandon's staff or a DOJ lackey interviews and preps these nominees. HTF does someone like this get past that?

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
HTF does someone like this get past that?
By having a vagina and being just the right shade of mocha. To these frauds, nothing else matters.

Posts: 107511 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
HTF does someone like this get past that?
By having a vagina and being just the right shade of mocha. To these frauds, nothing else matters.
Bingo. Look at our illustrious VP. The utter catastrophes start at the top right on down.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Harris is all vagina. The mocha is merely a veneer.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The sad part is she will be confirmed.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I would not trust her to properly clean the Slurpee machine at my local 7-11.

Could you imagine her applying for a job servicing military helicopters? Thank you for the question, Lieutenant erm ... Commander. That is an issue which deals with, umm, like airworkiness .. erm. I have not dealt with maintenance or makanicical issues in my 14 years of experience. If I were to confront a situation of, umm, loose rotors I would thoroughly research possible causes and then take action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_disfluency

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
The sad part is she will be confirmed.

Unfortunately that is probably true. She had to endure a few minutes of uncomfortable questioning in exchange for a lifetime appointment to the federal bench.

Posts: 2480 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She’s FOS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: darthfuster,

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted January 12, 2022 06:15 PM Hide Post
I hope United Airlines is keeping track of these nominees. All those that don't make the cut can be hired as pilots. ALL HAIL for:
DIVERSITY
EQUALITY
INCLUSIVENESS!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^
Well Denzel Washington did land that plane upside down even though he was drunk.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Fourteen years in practice for a Federal trial bench? No way in hell.

No judge is going to know all, or even most, of the details of the questions of substantive law that come before them. There is just too much; that pool of knowledge is both deep and broad. They hear damn near every kind of case, except family law and probate. Criminal, business cases, cases under thousands of federal statutes, tax, securities, all sorts of regulations, state law claims . . . the list is unending. That is a lot to know. But in fourteen years you won't have enough experience, either legal or in life, to do that job.

I agree, brother, but just so we're clear - and for our non-lawyer friends - a 1L (first year law student) should be able to come up with "clear error" as the federal appellate standard of review of a factual finding.

As an aside, I can tell you that for some reason if you have "prosecutor" on your legal resume - even if that's all you have - you're apparently damned near qualified for SCOTUS according to the folks in these parts. Roll Eyes

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
If I hear another fucking Biden clown nominee utter the words “thank you for the question Senator”…I’ll have to hold back the desire to punch a baby or kick a kitten Eek

They all have been coached to say that. In reality, they are no doubt thinking "I don't have clue how to answer that question and I wish it wasn't asked. I'll just feed them some mumbo-jumbo"

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The "thank you for the question" is a pejorative as she's better than the Senator. Nothing more.

Because she has fourteen years.

She's an entitled piece of shit that's been called out.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
If I hear another fucking Biden clown nominee utter the words “thank you for the question Senator”…I’ll have to hold back the desire to punch a baby or kick a kitten Eek

They all have been coached to say that. In reality, they are no doubt thinking "I don't have clue how to answer that question and I wish it wasn't asked. I'll just feed them some mumbo-jumbo"

And it is bad coaching, as it makes them sound obsequious at best, and as mindless robots at worst.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
John N Kennedy may just make me rethink hard term limits.

Nominations apparently don’t take qualifications into account. Lord save us; or the comet.

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the court system has some janitorial openings. Clearly she might be qualified for that Roll Eyes

And I dont know much about Senator Kennedy, but his stock just went up in my book.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The "thank you for the question" is a pejorative as she's better than the Senator. Nothing more.

I liked Kennedy's deliberate 'you're welcomes' in response.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Great idea, nominate a bunch of losers that have been failing up based on DEI their whole lazy lives, scary.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
And who coached her to say "Thank you, Senator, for the question" every time? That was just odd.

I was waiting for him to say "Don't thank me for the question, Answer It!"

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's quite annoying. It doesn't seem to be a requirement, as not everyone answering questions in a congressional hearing does this.

When Mark "Goebbels ain't got nothin' on me!" Zuckerberg testified, his answering every question by starting with "Senator..." was maddening.

When people giving testimony do this- or, for that matter, when anyone begins their response with the questioner's name or title- it always sounds to me like "Bitch, please."

It's clear to me that Senator Kennedy jamming in an immediate "You're welcome" was calculated to highlight the absurdity of this time-wasting horse shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023