SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you alone could enact one law, what would it be?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you alone could enact one law, what would it be? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any politician who introduces or supports any law that restricts or interferes in any way whatsoever the peoples right to own, carry, manufacture and posses firearms and ammunition of any kind will be immediately expelled from office, charged with treason and serve a minimum of five years in a federal prison.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Legalize all drugs, with zero tolerance to all crimes, punishable by death!

Caught shoplifting, test positive? Dead! DUI? Dead! Mad

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Restrict politicians to two terms, one term in office and one term in the penitentiary.

That should do it.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
All lawmakers and Congress in particular WILL abide by any and all laws they pass with penalties doubled for them if they disobey them.

This ^^^^^, or some close variation thereof.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
outlaw leaf blowers.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
A real and defined balance budget amendment. With clear and defined triggers to wave in time of emergency. Real emergency. Not some cooked up crap. I think just this will make corruption much harder to pull off.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personal vehicles should all fuel on the same side. Gas stations can be a pain.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Legalize all drugs, with zero tolerance to all crimes, punishable by death!

Caught shoplifting, test positive? Dead! DUI? Dead! Mad

I like this one.

It shows that you can fix stupid (by lethal injection). Wink

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:
Originally posted by STS:
No more withholding, everybody writes a check to the IRS in April.

LOL, that's how the tax system started out. Exemptions were high enough most people didn't have to file. Yet folks never seemed to find the money for taxes.

So, are you really saying no income tax at all?

quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
If your check bounces, off to prison you go.

We'll need to build a lot of prisons.

Nope, just think people would think twice about these ridiculous "free shit" programs if they had to cut a check for their share.

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only ones allowed to vote in ANY election are people that pay taxes to keep the government moving. No parasites.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Posts: 43 | Registered: March 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The Freedom from Advertising Amendment

Henceforth and for perpetuity all advertising shall be sandboxed into specific channels wherein there will never again be casual, unsolicited, advertising cluttering up the landscape, airwaves, or our headspace

Shopping for a new TV? Cool, tune to the Electronics advertising channel or some shit like that...

No more commercials, signs, billboards, radio ads, nothing of the sort. No logos on Sports uniforms.

Gone forever, the visual, audio, and thought noise that is all things marketing and advertising.

Only if you want... and even then only in designated areas where that noise is wanted and tolerated.

You're welcome.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I could change a punitive system to a restitutional system in one law but since we're dreaming that's what I'd do.

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Holding, touching, typing on the phone while driving, felony or misdemeanor on par with DUI. Instant arrest, loss of DL, classes assigned, probation, etc.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Am in favor of 95% of those things already listed. If convicted and sentenced you serve every single minute with no time off for good behavior / or any other excuses / etc. If the sentence is mandatory then so be it and not reduced because somebody looked at them with crossed eyes when they were a child. You do the crime then you do your
time. No multible repeat offenders. ................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Another car one for me.

Outlaw all headlights that use linear-accelerator powered laser-Xenon-ultra-LED 40x the brightness of the surface of the sun headlight bulb technology. And also 80,000 CREE LED tail lights as well.

I GET IT.!!!! YOUR SLOWING DOWN! ...Of course, now I've lost track of where you are now because my face melted like the Nazi guy on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It should be a national policy that all resources up to and including the deployment of SEAL teams shall be used to track down and destroy telemarketers, scammers and phishers and robocallers - even those wonderful Nigerian prince's

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
As a furriner and frequent visitor to the USA - a country, for which, in general, I have the greatest of respect and even, dare I say it, love, I have only one law that I would enact.

Being old enough to have watched John F Kennedy being sworn in as your President, I was very moved at the time, and remain so, that the incoming President publicly utters these words, whilst placing his hand on a bible -

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

It seems to me, and I hope that I might be forgiven for pointing it out, that there have been at least two occasions in recent years that this public oath has been substantially crapped on by the person uttering it - by bringing into the White House a personal agenda that runs counter to the wording and intent of the CoUSA in its present form, amendments and all.

I would therefore enact a law which states that any attempt to do anything else other than fulfil that public promise would be counted as treasonous, and that the perpetrator would be instantly removed from office, and incarcerated for the crime he - or she - attempted to commit.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post