SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got a job offer Update, moved to day shift!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a job offer Update, moved to day shift!!! Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
This COVID thing has been a bitch for me. Two months without work then working part time for the last six weeks. Got the call from a recruiter just 20 minutes ago. They will be paying me slightly less than I would be normally making at my job, but if you take out my OT I used to get it's a tiny raise.

Been trying to get into the Data Center environment the last few months, but kept getting shot down since I lack previous experience. Finally someone took a shot on me.

I am super excited. It will take 2-3 weeks for onboarding and background checks, but beginning next month I get to start a new career! Never been so excited to start a job before. My only complaint is it will be night shift.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Good news!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING!!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

If you've never worked night shift before, you might be surprised... Some folks absolutely love it. (Not me, though.)

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and best of luck!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. what is the nature of the work and what are your new day to day activities?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Congrats! The data center at night, with all those fans humming away. You'll need lots of caffeine. I used to do night shift maintenance windows long ago. I liked it.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Good news for you. Good luck in your new position.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Skins

Posts: 1584 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congratulations several times over. And as for the night shift that might be advantage as giving time to maybe doing personal things while everybody else is at work. Again congrats. ...........................drill sgt.

Posts: 2089 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats! so glad to hear this.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Excellent update!

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you and congratulations. Get ready to do really well my friend! You're going to do great.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Congratulations. what is the nature of the work and what are your new day to day activities?

Basic maintenance, monitoring equipment, preventive maintenance, lamp/ballast changes, and overseeing contractors coming into the building. Also includes writing MOPs and reports/data entry.

In short making sure everything works and act as the first responder if it doesn't. These places require 99.999% uptime.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Awesome, that's great news!

Who cares if it's night shift? Embrace it, go in and do a mighty fine job for them.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Good News Jesse! Congrats!

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jesse! I figured you’d get a taker sooner or later!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Awesome news man! I knew something would pan out for you eventually. Way to hang in there and keep driving until you got it. I feel like we kinda got into this shit together around the same time and we both had problems with UI so I’ve been rooting for you to get a new gig too.

Really happy for you skins.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was confident you would be hired somewhere. How long is the commute? Hope the benefits package is good. That stuff becomes more important the older you get. Again congratulations.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Good deal Jesse. Glad to see you being given an opportunity. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post