SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got a job offer Update, moved to day shift!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a job offer Update, moved to day shift!!! Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congrats on making it happen! Smile

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Great, Skins! I hope it turns out to be a wonderful place to work and you're happy there.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Good news indeed. Now you can get the kitchen done. I hope we will still see food pics with the change in your routine. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Palehorse, yeah we rode the same rollercoaster at the same time. I was happy to see you landed something, hopefully you'll be able to go back to your old gig/pay soon.

ZS, it's about 4-5 mile commute for me. On par to better benefits compared to my last job. The biggest thing will be PTO, only got a week at old job, new one you start with 3 weeks, goes up to 5 after you've been there five years. Also about double the annual bonuses.

I'm so happy I didn't settle, so many times I considered it, but this gives me a whole new chance to learn and advance where I didn't have that before, or if I just took a similar job elsewhere. Also no dealing with homeowners anymore.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Jesse!

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Good News Jesse! Congrats!

Yeah! What he said!
Good news for you, Skins. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13913 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

it will be night shift.
Cool! That leaves daytime free for going to the range.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I remember you posting that you had applied at the data center.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Good deal. Congratulations.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881.

In short making sure everything works and act as the first responder if it doesn't. These places require 99.999% uptime.

Yup, ours went down today, for all of 90 seconds.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16015 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Excellent news. Congratulations! 4 to 5 mile commute is the icing on the cake.

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news! Good luck in your new career!

Posts: 4099 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Thats great news. Bound to be a huge relief. Good luck with it.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Great news, Jesse!

Congratulations and looking forward to your new kitchen Wink

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Congrats man!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Great news, Jesse!

Congratulations and looking forward to your new kitchen Wink

Me too, me too. Doing dishes in my laundry room has sucked. We have the money in the bank to finish it, just be holding on to it just in case. The day after it's all official and I start, I'm getting contractors set up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Awesome news, congrats!

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7410 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Alright, alright, alright Jesse!
Excellent news.
Congratulations.

Posts: 3865 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Jesse, super happy to hear you landed a new career. That is outstanding!

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4366 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post