SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Arg pirates, I need a new car.

So the Shelby is out of gas, eh? Razz

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
No way, well maybe.

I am doing everything I can this morning to convince myself not to order a new Ford Escape.

I am still going to do this though given my life's time frame since my last scan.
If the doctor is correct and I have up to 2 years, it makes so much sense that the Ford Escape would be older daughter's at that time.

I would not have had this problem if I had died on the original schedule.
In the grand scheme of things then, my problem is a good one to have.

I am meeting the salesman around noon local time.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post

Hi LBJ,

I Have Been Reading the posts today and .. every time I have a few minutes to read ... I am so amazed to see that to this very day there are so many people who have quietly read and watched -- all the time wishing you well and praying for you.. Just another fact that prayers do really work.

You mean so much to so many people. (Me included)

You reach out to so many people to thank them and encourage them (me included) to let them know that you care.

I will continue to read and pray for you and your precious family ...

I always -- from the very first day I arrived on SF knew you were a gracious man .... and now me and the rest of the world know just how gracious.

Wishing you and yours much love and comfort.

As Always,
Donna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MississippiGal,

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thank you as always, Donna.
Your family has had a rough go recently and I hope things are settling down for you.

I am home from the Ford dealer and getting ready to go back with a deposit.
It'll be a factory order car.
I will list the equipment here after I have the order sheet.

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
LBJ, can you get a A Plan, or Z Plan or whatever Ford calls it, "a number" for a discount?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what that is.

The dealer is going to bring in an Escape that was going to one of their other dealers that is about 97% of what I want. It should be here is a week or so.
The only thing missing is the adaptive type cruise control and some window display warning for collision. I will still have normal cruise control.
It will have the tow prep package and that's OK.
It makes it more robust.

I suppose my only rationalization for this is "family planning" as I have already explained.
Mrs LBJ is all for this.
In fact, when I informed her today that I had finally buying a new car, she asked which BMW did I get.
I told her I was buying half a BMW.

Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
If you are a member of the mustang club of america, you can get X Plan pricing.

Run it by the salesman, if the X plan price is better, send me an email (in profile) and I'll get you hooked up to get an X plan pin. Usually good for a few grand off the top.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am not but can check into it.

I think this Escape will make my life easier, given my physical condition.
The X5 has deteriorated and so many things either do not work or a struggle to get open like the tailgate.
The Escape will have lighter doors and an auto open tailgate.

As much as there are mental challenges to my illness, there are physical ones as well.

Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
MCOA membership is I think $20, which entitles you to the X plan access code.

On the 2017 Escape (using Denver's zip code), there are $3k in rebates and it looks like X plan shaves $1k off the price.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, that is exactly what they are giving me off, interesting.

Now I have reclaim space in the garage.

Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
LBJ, the Escape we got the wife has the Adaptive Cruise Control. I love it, she doesn't care for it so much. She doesn't like not feeling like she's in control of the vehicle.
The Crash warning system in the Escape is mostly passive, in that it will beep at you to hit the breaks, and apply up to 30% pressure to "prime" them, but it will not auto stop the vehicle. Weather that's good or bad is up to you. I will admit that it gets annoying when it alerts as you don't slow down for a vehicle that's turning out of your lane (it just sees the blockage in the road, not what it's doing).

I'm glad that you are handling your illness as well as you seem to be. The biggest challenge I've seen when people get a date is the inability to accept it, for either being to soon or too far out.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
LBJ, the Escape we got the wife has the Adaptive Cruise Control. I love it, she doesn't care for it so much. She doesn't like not feeling like she's in control of the vehicle.
The Crash warning system in the Escape is mostly passive, in that it will beep at you to hit the breaks, and apply up to 30% pressure to "prime" them, but it will not auto stop the vehicle. Weather that's good or bad is up to you. I will admit that it gets annoying when it alerts as you don't slow down for a vehicle that's turning out of your lane (it just sees the blockage in the road, not what it's doing).

I'm glad that you are handling your illness as well as you seem to be. The biggest challenge I've seen when people get a date is the inability to accept it, for either being to soon or too far out.

I personally HATE the crash warning. Pull into a parking spot a little too fast for the cars liking, it hits the brakes, dont slow down soon enough behind another car, it hits the brakes. It really seems unsafe to me, and I turn it off every time I drive that car

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It sounds as though it might be a good thing to miss those two items then.
Can you all disable those functions?

Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Yes, the cruise control is either traditional or adaptive and you can set the default mode.
The crash warning has different sensitivities, as well as disabling it altogether. But, like I said before, it won't really brake for you which is why we went with it. I had rented a Rav4 and had it hit the brakes on me once. I disabled the system and turned it in swearing to never drive a vehicle that I didn't have control over.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to organizations/companies on the X plan:

http://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-...n-partner-companies/

If you're a member of AAA or EAA - both are part of the program.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The dealer gave me a copy of the window sticker of the car they are supposedly bringing in.
I check the VIN and Ford says the build date is September 8, 2016.

I am not going to want this car, it's been sitting on a dealer lot somewhere for 6 months out in the elements and the shag crew has washed this car at least 25 times.

Either that or they gave me this sticker as a ruse while they look for one for me.

Something isn't right here.

Are there any good reasons this car is 6 months old and just released from the factory?
I can't think of any right now.

VIN 1FMCU9J99HUB43662

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
And just what would life be without one last hassle and experience buying a car from a dealership.
I mean, who in their right mind would want to miss out on that?
(sarcasm)

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Lbj,

It may not be as sinister as it looks. Back in the fall of 2016 Ford had excess capacity of a number of models including the F150 and the Fusion.

For the F150 they had nearly a 100 days supply at the time they put that plant on hiatus. The plant in the Hermasillo where the Fusion was built was similar.

My guess is that the car you're looking at is just part of the excess inventory. You can Google to confirm the plant shutdowns.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Are there any good reasons this car is 6 months old and just released from the factory?
I can't think of any right now.

We bought a 16 Escape last labor day weekend, it was a recent dealer trade from a small 1 car showroom dealership out in the country - was about 6 months old at the time. No doubt sat outside and didn't move. They were pushing the 17's, but the 16 was optioned/color exactly how my wife wanted. The deal was right - we had them detail it - no problems with it. I figured whether it sat for months at the factory lot, a distribution lot, or a dealer lot was about the same. In recent memory I only have one car that I ordered and tracked from factory to delivery and pick up the day it arrived - all the rest sat somewhere.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The dealer called me and at least they seem honest about it.
Yes, the car is really that old and it's been sitting on a lot in Colorado Springs all this time.

We have cancelled bringing that in to look at and on Monday, I will go back to the dealer and order the car I want and wait.
I wanted to do it today, but they tell me they need some specific person at Ford to order it properly, they will not not be in until then.