SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
God bless you for your witness, lbj, and thank you for letting us know about your growth and ensuing contentment.

We're still praying for grandkids, still have other troubles, but like you feel very blessed.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incredibly powerful and moving. God moves in mysterious ways.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I believe in miracles as weird as it sounds, I hold fast to my belief and pray for you always, I'll hold fast and not give in.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cupcake
Picture of Chipster
posted Hide Post
Truly inspiring! As I struggle in different areas of my own life, your words bring much needed encouragement. Thank you!

Chip

Posts: 557 | Location: IN | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
You are blessed and you are a blessing. Thank you for sharing.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Very inspiring indeed.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
With this marriage came the ready made family with 2 rebellious teenagers.

It doesn't work that way. You have worked to gain their trust, respect, and love. It wasn't just add water to make family.

You should be proud. Most can never truly make a situation like that into a family, especially when teenage girls are involved.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Youngest daughter picked up the legal paperwork recently to begin the process of changing her last name to mine.
Oldest daughter is almost to that point as well.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Youngest daughter picked up the legal paperwork recently to begin the process of changing her last name to mine.

What a gift. You've done good!!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

What a gift. You've done good!!

Wow, did he do well. That's special, I mean really special.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been said before, I do like the fact that things are good with your family. I wish you the best of luck.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
LBJ, I am really liking how well you have been handling this whole experience.

Kudos sir.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks but I am nothing special, just doing the best I can.

The daughters were 16 and 18 when I got married.
There were many rough years before the family became more tight knit.
By that time, both daughters were in their twenties, so that at this point, adoption is not really in the cards.

The name change was not my idea nor request.
Yes, quite an honor but it isn't done yet.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Ghost walking.

It is certain that by this point in time, I have outlived my more natural expiration date.

I have a hard time explaining this, but there have been many days this year I feel I have a foot in 2 worlds. It really feels that way oft times.
Sometimes when I feel this way, I feel like I walking through jello.

Very strange.

posted Hide Post
Nice - glad I stumbled across your post lbj ! I needed some motivation today and found it.

Thank you.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what to say. I've been following this from the beginning.

You are a man among lesser men. Your courage, your candidnace,and your honesty are amazing. Your stream of thoughts and the vulnerability behind them are disarming. I wish you and your family the most emotional and physical comfort that one can hope for.

I haven't posted a ton in my 10 years here but I always shut up and listen when you speak. Keep speaking.

-Josh Murphy

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8854 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'd like to piggy back on myrottiety.

I continue to enjoy reading your posts, and take particular pleasure in reading your posts in this thread.

I can't imagine what that feeling is like, being in transition to the next world as you put it. I occasionally spend time with people in the end stages of life who are figuring out their own transition path. I'm always interested in as many stories as possible to help me be a better presence in these times. Thank you for sharing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lbj,
I am not sure how I missed this thread until now.
I have just spent a couple hours reading it. I want to thank you for posting these things, thoughts, health issues, family issues and gun talk.
There is probably nothing I can say that has not been said. Prayers sent. It is amazing when someone breaks down and tells about themselves how much many of us have in common.
I will check in on this thread daily now, thanks and hang in there, you are doing better than I could.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It makes me happy if you if you find it worthwhile.
While it is most self serving, I fall prey to being an author, and generally speaking, authors like being read.

The ghost walking stuff is funny.
I mean, it's pure imagination here, and there is nothing wrong with imagination in most any way, shape or form.
It comes from books and movies and things of the past... and then just freeing the mind to wander.
Then my mind comes up with ghost walking and I do it deliberately I think.
Imagination can be entertainment if that's all you want from it.
But it can be hard work, depending.

I probably should add however, that the side effects from the immunotherapy can make me feel "off" sometimes, you know, like you have the flu or something. Plus, I am physically not at my best, and quite frankly, I have strange aches and pains.
And everyone knows how that feels as you navigate your day.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
lbj, I don't know you like most others on here know you, but I'll tell you something. God bless you, and great will be your reward in heaven.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post