SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
This election is gonna be the last straw for one side. I don't know which side that will be. But the losing side is gonna be a bad loser. If it were to end up before the SCOTUS like 2000, I still can't see either side accepting the decision. We already know the left will stop at nothing to rig an election they can't win legitimately. Such a schit show coming. But it probably needs to happen.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
George Floyd's death is just the instance used by the leftists as a reason to start their uprising.
Leftists fully supported by the now communist Democrat party and their eager lapdogs the mainstream media and funded by the likes of George Soros.

I don't want to see what will basically be a civil war, but I fear that the country that would exist under a democrat controlled government would be a very bad place. Whether Trump wins the election of not, the left is going to make things worse.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
George Floyd was the match, they have been hoping for.
Be careful what you wish for...

I remember when this was a protest about police violence. Which in itself is a joke. This one man died at the hands of a bad cop, it's not an indictment against all police or American in general, it's an outlier, one dumb cop, a statistical anomaly. America in general is good for all people, black or any other races.

They are using BLM/riots as useful idiots. Most of these protestors (and more so their backers) are in fact racists under the shield of anti racists.

America is the only country in the world that you can raise yourself from the ghetto to the penthouse in less than one generation. We are the best country founded on the best principles in the world. Anyone who tries to tell you different is stupid, lying, or has an agenda.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
In the midst of all the 'bad' things we're seeing, there are small pieces of 'good' to remind us that even some more liberal areas of the country are not ready to go down the BLM/Antifia rabbit hole just yet. https://www.foxnews.com/media/...we-dont-retreat-here

What is most worrisome to me about this whole thing is that even liberals in the past condemned rioting and violence, but today's liberals either refuse to condemn it or are actively participating in it. That has nothing but disaster painted all over it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I don't think lawlessness is going to end how these leftist Mayors and Governors think it will, I just hope they get what they are asking for

Posts: 5298 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
This is going to get me in trouble, a bit - but how many of you, really, think we have a population suited to universal suffrage?

I know TJ's opinion, was that if the population wasn't fit to vote, they should be educated to that point - and he's right.

But, when people are viewed as too immature to purchase a pistol or tobacco, or alcohol, I question why they are permitted to sign life-time contracts, join the military without parental/a judge's consent, and vote.

The "Thin Blue Line" idea, and the idea of "ratting" in a police dept, is BS. Many of us are professionals. Some of us have had to report malfeasance/gross incompetence within our own profession. Were any of us ever accused of "ratting"?

As conservatives/libertarians/classical liberals, we have to be educated, and able to intellectually defend our positions. Study jurisprudence, and economics.

Many of the opposition, regrettably, are mad dogs. (Oddly, with resistance toward bathing, it seems.) My guess is, they're from households which repressed masculinity their entire lives. And, now they have found a permitted way to release tension.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
At this point, the “peaceful protesters” who march during the day, providing cover for anarchomarxist rioters who come out at night, have no excuse. They know that they are accomplices in violent riots, but pretend they are not.
And of course the politicians—e.g. mayors of Seattle and Portland—are not just accomplice, they are ringleaders.
What we would all like to see happen—perhaps martial law declared in those cities—would be a huge mistake for the Trump administration because of the way it would be handled by the media.

Unfortunately I agree with others above that—whatever the election outcome, even assuming we can know it—will result in more, not less violence.

After we’re done expressing our extreme frustration and anger with this situation, I hope we can take a hard look at the ideological sources that proclaim such nonsense as “white privilege” and the 1619 Project. What is “critical theory”, where did it come from, and who is promoting it? In my opinion, we should educate ourselves enough to be able to explain to fence-sitters why such ideas are nonsense on stilts.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Seems the leftist mayors and governors are actually encouraging insurrection.

This isn't rioting, this is a leftist funded insurrection. Coordinated anarchist attacks with explosives and high wattage lasers. Clustering under black umbrellas to avoid identification from surveillance like police drones and helicopters.

The mobs are looking for any excuse to use violence as the police have been restrained from keeping law and order, or being used as a weapon against those who would defend themselves from the mobs.

The mob's definition of "justice" is firing rifles into vehicles that don't obey their "authority".

I work within the perimeter of Atlanta proper and I dare not venture any further than work and home.

The police officers that have stayed on the job after the mayor's DA prosecution hit squad have been charging them with capital crimes while pandering for votes have my sympathy.

I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle and it will take federal intervention to shove it back in.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
If those at the top of the former administration aren’t being pursued and prosecuted for high treason, which I believe is the worst crime of all (yes, worse than murder and rape because it’s magnified several thousand times over), than why should any pee-on on the Left care about rioting and insurrection? That’s their mindset, not mine. I believe it is beyond time to administer justice equally to all People in this great Republic for current and past crimes against the Constitution starting with the traitor in Martha’s Vineyard. Only then will justice truly prevail in this land.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am certain this crap happening is designed to goad the Federal Law Enforcement to have a Kent State moment, so they can further escalate the comparisons to fascism, and further their violence.

They would not know fascism if it bit them in the ass. The crap with Goya Foods is one thing-the founder left Spain in 1938. I would hazard a guess that they were fleeing actual fascism.

Spain has and has not moved on from their civil war- they just dug up Franco, and most people will not talk about the civil war, especially avoiding the positions of their families. I fear we are starting to see people committing acts that will never be forgiven or forgotten.

Our 1860's civil war was framed in a just cause of overthrowing slavery, and I feel we did heal relatively quickly after the the war ended- all those statues they are pulling down are evidence to me that healing was happening.

If we come to a broader conflict between left and right in this country, there will be no geographical delineation between the combatants, and we will never recover as a republic.

I truly am expecting there will be car bombs in our future. The lefties will have their very own Timothy McVeagh before long.

No bravado here- I will pack up our family and move somewhere else. We have small children. I will protect them at all costs- both short and long term.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is going to get me in trouble, a bit - but how many of you, really, think we have a population suited to universal suffrage?

I agree with you. So did the founders of this country. If you don't have a stake, you shouldn't vote for "benefits" at the expense of other people.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

I know TJ's opinion, was that if the population wasn't fit to vote, they should be educated to that point - and he's right.

It shouldn't. It cuts right to the core of the problem: Lack of real education and lack of real information.

The educational institutions in this country no longer educate, they indoctrinate. The news media in this country no longer disseminates news, they disseminate propaganda.

This is why we're seeing what we're seeing on the streets.

Oh, I'm certain that some, perhaps many of the "demonstrators" and those behind them are quite aware of what the reality is. Those are the ones that truly seek to tear down our Western-based culture. But most of them are clueless sycophants. Created by the very "educational" institutions for which we are paying and reinforced by today's "news" media.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26007 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I am more worried about the state of the nation today than ever before, and I believe my personal observations and knowledge of history justify that worry.

These movements today are not like the antiwar demonstrations of the 1960s. I walked among those demonstrators on more than one occasion and watched the largest march from the roof of the Pentagon. Those demonstrations were all about not that the US was involved in a war, but that the participants didn’t want it to become their war due to the draft of themselves or their sons, brothers, husbands, or boyfriends. They were not about changing the very fabric of the nation. Although I disagreed that the object of our involvement in the war was not justified (which was the excuse, not the true reason for the demonstrations), I agree (now) that the demonstrators were right to object to being forced to participate.

Today is profoundly different. I see parallels to many earlier movements: Russia and post-WW I Germany are the most obvious, but similar things happened in countless places in Asia and Africa throughout the twentieth century, all of which led to the misery of multitudes who originally supported the movements to one degree or another. The road here in that direction is wide and clear, and not only are an amazing number of people running toward the goal of destroying the greatest society and nation that has existed in the history of the planet, they are doing everything they can to force—by law or, ultimately, violence—the rest of us to go with them.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its been very frustrating to watch things descend into a vortex of hate and blame. The narrative has been shaped by various leftists groups from Teachers Unions and Homeless Advocates up to economists and elected officials, all using the same rhetoric and playing linguistic word game. All of them parroted and given support by a complicit commercial media, and celebrities that feeds on sensationalism.

There's a lot of psychological operations going on and too many people are either willfully ignorant of what's happening or, their completely clueless. Many of these protests and demonstrations have a 'Wall of Mothers' in the front, walking arm-in-arm. Middle-aged women, in yellow shirts and hard hats, representing females; in reality they simply provide visual cover for their black-clad kids who are behind them ready to 'burn the system down'. This same visual MO to what Code Pink did using Cindy Sheehan and her tear-on-command and wailing nature to play up to the cameras.

Posts: 14567 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The primary issue as I see it is the "break down of the rule of law", now occurring on multiple levels. The law is simply becoming irrelevant to many.

The left has put on an AMAZING show of how to be sore losers / pout / fight against a legitimate administration - even so, I think they'll be surprised if the right acts anywhere close to that way should Trump lose in November.

In the end I have come to peace with it all; not because it is settled - far from that. But because it does a person no good to get overly mad / excited / enflamed about it. I have seen family members watch Fox News 24-7 and nearly get heart attacks from worrying about every little thing that may or may not happen. So I have chosen to relax, do my part to get the vote out / convince rational people who they should choose, listen to what is going on as unemotionally as possible and get myself / my house in order. Get in better shape, finish those house projects long put off, prepare for lean times. Its a process of quieting my life, getting it in order, to better hear the truth and be ready for whatever this world has in store for us all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This will continue until resistance is met. These groups BLM, Antifa, Etc are just probes to see where the state leaders and most important the LE community under their leadership will stand. Seattle and Portland have offered no protection from the unrest there. Good people in their way will either have to have the means to move or become enveloped in the dogma. This will continue from city to city through out the US. If they are met with a strong LE they will move along to easier picking. Elected officials don't really matter it's the LE community that will either stand up to their oath to the Constitution or follow the Far Left leaders. There will be, imho, heavy resistance in the rural areas but there is not a lot to gain in the small towns at least not in the near term. I haven't discussed Federal issues as that will hinge on the election. I don't see this ending until the feds (military) get involved. Which side they will align on is a question unknown at this time.

If this can of worms opens then watch Russia. I do hope people understand whats at risk and this is stopped before there is no return.

Posts: 51 | Registered: June 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm left kind of shaking my head a bit. Are these guys bad actors? Sure. But I've met them (literally) before.

There've always been (to my knowledge since at least the days of ELF and ALF) a handful of people who preen themselves for being somehow "ready for violence". They're not, but that's how they like to think of themselves. These are the idiots who smash windows, stab police horses and try to get video of cops defending themselves so they can claim they were subjected to "police brutality". The objective is the same as it was back then - radicalize as many people around you as possible, and con people into believing that everything is in a state of flux. That's why you see the same tactic now that you did then - wait until there's a genuine large-scale protest, have a handful of "street heroes" show up, and then try to turn a legitimate protest into a violent and chaotic shitshow. If they actually had the numbers they would take the streets at any time and they would do a lot more damage than they actually have rather than seeking to operate under the cover of someone else's protest.

Now go back and read the second paragraph of sigfreund's previous post, because (as far as I can tell) it's dead on.

This a force multiplier for the basement dwellers. They're trying to create an illusion and suck everyone into it. There's no law, so there's no safety. Non-ANQUEEFA types defend themselves or are provoked into (seemingly, at least) over reacting, so overt fascism "justifies" what ANQUEEFA is doing in the streets. Governments have no control over what's going on, so governments have no credibility or role in resolving problems. None of this is actually true, but they can milk the media to make this look as though it's true.

My point isn't to sit back and snooze because nothing's going on. My point is to insist that it's important to see and understand the difference between the reality of how many cretins the left can put in the street and the illusion of how much support and fear the left can actually generate by going into the street. Don't give them a force multiplier that they're trying to bullshit their way into getting.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Right now (7/30 10:10 am PDT) I’m watching an excellent presentation by Heather MacDonald, by the Center for the American Experiment (John Hinderaker of Powerline blog.com is president).
It is also on YouTube and Facebook.

Here is the link for this livestream presentation: Link

Hinderaker has said the presentation will be recorded and available on YouTube and Facebook after the live presentation.

You will not find a better explanation of the reality of police violence against Blacks vs. BLM’s claims.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thank you for opening the discussion, Para.
I'm sure I'll read every word and I'm sure I'll learn a lot. I guess I don't understand the end game. Sure, destroy America, I get that, but then what? Just go all Mad Max? Certainly they won't accomplish their goal because there will come a point where people say no more but what's the plan? Are they so stupid that they don't realize their funding will be cut off if the get where they want to go? Can people really be that stupid? I love my country and I love my flag and I won't go quietly.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I hope and pray that DJT wins again, but if and when he does what's next. I think that only ratchets up this nonsense and we get this crap for 4 more years??? That's kind of crazy to think we need this mess going on that long.

We are going to need another Bold Republican to carry his torch. Lets groom the ranks now and get involved in local elections now.

Never in my life did I think politicians would allow this much unrest without calling out the water cannons.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post