SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I remember when this happened during the BLM craziness. It was discussed in this thread.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...elf-defense-shooting

A jury in Travis County, Texas found Army Sgt. Daniel Perry, 33, guilty of murder on Friday, nearly three years after he shot a BLM protester who had a history of threatening people with rifles, after a Soros-funded DA withheld nearly 100 pages of exculpatory evidence from the grand jury according to the lead investigator in the case.

While driving for Uber, Perry shot protester Garrett Foster during a July 2020 protest in downtown Austin, after Foster and other protesters surrounded his car. After Foster raised his rifle at Perry, the Army Sergeant shot and killed Foster, then called the police to report what happened.

Perry told police he shot in self-defense, which both the Austin police department and the lead detective in the case agreed with - concluding it was justifiable homicide.

Then, Soros DA Jose Garza stepped in and instructed lead detective David Fugitt "to remove exculpatory information that I had intended to present to the grand jury during my testimony."

Much more at the link.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Austin is one fucked up city, my wife and I avoid it like death. I hear A.G. Ken Paxton is livid.

Wonder if Gov. Abbott can give the guy amnesty or something.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After Foster raised his rifle at Perry, the Army Sergeant shot and killed Foster, then called the police to report what happened.

WTF, that is self defense.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I’m not a lawyer, but how can not this conviction be overturned on appeal? Prosecutor deliberately withholding exculpatory evidence from defense and then having corroborated testimony from investigators stating this as fact, is surely more than enough for appeal.

We are now well beyond the stage of trusting that justice will ever occur under Leftists controlled government. When once that stage is reached, then all bets on the future are off.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Governor Abbott announced today that he would be pardoning Sergeant Perry:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ck-lives-matter-riot

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a Pardon for Army Sgt. Daniel Perry is immanent...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Governor Abbott announced today that he would be pardoning Sergeant Perry:

I got a notice of that, too. That DA should be disbarred.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm of the opinion that the DA should have to serve a sentence equal to what Sgt Perry would have, for concealing the evidence. But I'm a grouchy old man.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
After Foster raised his rifle at Perry, the Army Sergeant shot and killed Foster, then called the police to report what happened.

WTF, that is self defense.

The contentious part is if Foster raised his rifle or not.

Perry says he did.

Supposedly multiple witness were produced that said Foster never raised his rifle or pointed it at Sergeant Perry.

Seems like the case hinged on that point.

I think multiple picture are out there showing Foster with his hands on his rifle r before the engagement with Perry.

Seems like there is reasonable doubt at least.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
That DA should be disbarred.

Does the Texas Bar Association have the power to remove or disbar a sitting District attorney? For that matter, do any of the various state bars' have any such authority?

If they do, they have been guilty of dereliction of duty for some time now.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does the Texas Bar Association have the power to remove or disbar a sitting District attorney?

Disbar, yes. It would almost certainly be a tough and lengthy process. It's an open question as to whether that would force removal of a DA, particularly in one of the big urban counties like Travis, since the DA is elected and has plenty of other licensed lawyers in the office to do anything that requires a law license.

IOW, the guy probably has to be run out of office by the voters, as happened in California.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I suspected as much. I would have thought that this withholding of exculpatory evidence thing would be a major problem for this asshole with the state bar though.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ The rules are different in grand jury proceedings. Did the DA hide the ball in the actual trial? If so the way to go is generally to request a new trial rather than seek a pardon.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
The perp is clearly menacing the driver with his rifle. He is in a ready position to swiftly move it the small distance needed to aim it directly at the driver and fire it. His posture is menacing. For no good reason, as the driver had every right to be where he was, and the mob approached the car and was preventing him from leaving.

Clearly self defense.

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This fucking city of mine man, this fucking city.

Minneapolis becomes first major U.S. city to allow all five Muslim daily prayer calls

Minneapolis on Thursday became the first major American city to permit unfettered broadcast of the Muslim call to prayer, allowing the adhan to be heard over speakers five times a day, year-round.

The Minneapolis City Council voted unanimously to amend the city's noise ordinance, which has prevented some morning and evening calls at certain times of the year because they occurred at night when tighter noise restrictions are in place.

"The Constitution doesn't sleep at night," said Jaylani Hussein, executive director of the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), after the vote. He said Minneapolis' action should show the world that a "nation founded on freedom of religion makes good on its promise."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Minneapolis becomes first major U.S. city to allow all five Muslim daily prayer calls

Minneapolis on Thursday became the first major American city to permit unfettered broadcast of the Muslim call to prayer, allowing the adhan to be heard over speakers five times a day, year-round.

The Minneapolis City Council voted unanimously to amend the city's noise ordinance, which has prevented some morning and evening calls at certain times of the year because they occurred at night when tighter noise restrictions are in place.

"The Constitution doesn't sleep at night," said Jaylani Hussein, executive director of the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), after the vote. He said Minneapolis' action should show the world that a "nation founded on freedom of religion makes good on its promise."
Then every Christian church with the facility should play Hymns on their bell system multiple times per day.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Then every Christian church with the facility should play Hymns on their bell system multiple times per day.

flashguy

Better yet, Christmas music. That centers around the birth of Christ.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Islam countenances the birth of Jesus, just not that He was the son of God.

flashguy

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The Constitution doesn't sleep at night," said Jaylani Hussein, executive director of the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), after the vote.

Perhaps, but most of us do.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Someone posted that the rifle was not loaded and chamber was empty. The shooter could not have known that.

flashguy