SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
He's a pretty decent skater.

What an absolute sad state of affairs all around. A truly tragic and heartbreaking death.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sixth police officer suspended following fatal beating of Tyre Nichols

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/...ing-of-tyre-nichols/

A sixth Memphis police officer has been suspended as the fallout from the release of graphic body camera footage showing the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols earlier this month grows.

Preston Hemphill has been placed on administrative leave, the department said Monday.

Hemphill may be the white officer who was wearing one of the body cameras which was released by Memphis PD on Friday. In that footage the unidentified officer was seen attempting to arrest FedEx driver Nichols, 29, after he was initially pulled over, then firing his Taser at him as he ran from police. He later says “I hope they stomp his ass,” but the officer is not part of the group who then chase Nichols down.

“Officer Hemphill is relieved of duty. This is an ongoing investigation. Once additional information is available, we will update our social media platforms. Hemphill was hired in 2018,” a department spokesperson said.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It took them a few days, but they finally managed to work whitey into it.

Can't you hear them now? "I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!! WHITE SUPREMACISTS KILLED TYRE!!!"

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
And that exact statement has already been made all over the place. Fun times.

He's been relieved and under investigation since the incident but never made the second scene where the beating occurred which is why his part of the investigation wasn't expedited and is still ongoing.

I'd not want to be him.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bagged a cracker. Ever thang's goan be aight now...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It is clear that the mass media is doing everything they can to keep rubbing this in our faces in the hopes a riot will break out somewhere.

Oops... spoke too soon, Philly just went riot.

Could it be because the Eagles just won a trip to the Super Bowl?

Kansas City won last night too, but I was not aware of any rioting. Celebrations? Absolutely. We spent the weekend in the KC suburbs, Overland Park.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The comment by Nichols' mother that she hates that her son was murdered by black men- what a bizarre statement. It would have been better if he had been murdered by white men? Just bizarre.

Yeah, considering according to FBI's crime statistics, black men are overwhelmingly, far and away, murder victims of other black men.

I got the feeling, watching and listening to that video, that it wasn't their first time beating someone like that. You guys hear the one guy repeatedly telling the other guy "Do yo thang"? Other than encouragement, they didn't have to tell anyone what to do, it was like a well-coordinated routine. The two guys lifting him up by the arms so the others could wail on him: surely that doesn't just occur as a random thought in two minds, right? I've never been part of such a thing in either role, but it didn't look like it just "happened" to me.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bagged a cracker. Ever thang's goan be aight now...

A woman I once arrested called me a cracker….

https://tenor.com/view/spiderm...hing-lol-gif-4596905

Made my whole night

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The prosecution is going to try and loop him into the murder charge, use a RICO type situation where he orchestrated the events that led to the murder and is ultimately as guilty as those who did the killing. Like the mob boss who orders a killing and his soldiers carry it out. The audio comment will infer an intent or consciousness of guilt in the prosecution theory. It's a common tactic by prosecutors even before Rodney King. The problem for his defense this guy will be the focus of the Pravda.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have most likely also hollered, “beat his ass!”

I’ve got big time respect for lawmen. I know right off I could never do your job. Just occurred to me no one I know talks bad about the law, we all know we need that calling in life.

Thanks fellas, stay safe!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
A woman I once arrested called me a cracker….

Made my whole night

Isn't it funny how sometimes it's the insults that lead to the biggest smiles?

I recently had someone angrily holler at me after being cuffed: "Your head looks like a thumb!" They had already run through the rest of their insult repertoire, and I guess that was all they could think of next.

It didn't have the intended effect. Instead, both myself and the guy backing me up were cracking up big time and agreeing with them. I've been called everything in the book over the past nearly 2 decades, but that was new to me. Big Grin

(For context: I shave my head. So yes, now that you mention it, my head does look like a thumb!)

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Kansas City won last night too, but I was not aware of any rioting.

That’s because the Chiefs’ fans are still sitting in gape mouthed amazement before their TV screens.

JK. They played a heck of a game.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
If you're referring to Tyre Nichols, I would advise you to refrain from saying this in public. You would risk life and limb by saying something like that.

____

Does this imbecile ever manage 24 hours without shit dribbling out of her mouth?

Whoopi Goldberg asks if 'we need to see White people get beat up' to see change, then quickly clarifies

"I’m not suggesting that. So don’t write us and tell me what a racist I am," Goldberg quickly added.

You racist moron, you just did exactly that. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve got big time respect for lawmen. I know right off I could never do your job. Just occurred to me no one I know talks bad about the law, we all know we need that calling in life.

Thanks fellas, stay safe!

There’s a difference between having a “big time respect for lawmen” and what transpired in that video. Of the many lawmen I interact with on a regular basis, not a one would consider, “beat his ass” a cheer of support they’d want to hear…regardless of whatever suspect they were dealing with at the time. Jesus dude.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has the romantic relationships between the deceased and any of the MPD who administered the beating been fully explored ? Like one of the cops wife/girlfriend/ sister was involved with him ?

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
If you're referring to Tyre Nichols, I would advise you to refrain from saying this in public. You would risk life and limb by saying something like that.

____

Does this imbecile ever manage 24 hours without shit dribbling out of her mouth?

Whoopi Goldberg asks if 'we need to see White people get beat up' to see change, then quickly clarifies

"I’m not suggesting that. So don’t write us and tell me what a racist I am," Goldberg quickly added.

She's despicable!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Sixth police officer suspended following fatal beating of Tyre Nichols

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/...ing-of-tyre-nichols/

A sixth Memphis police officer has been suspended as the fallout from the release of graphic body camera footage showing the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols earlier this month grows.

Preston Hemphill has been placed on administrative leave, the department said Monday.

Hemphill may be the white officer who was wearing one of the body cameras which was released by Memphis PD on Friday. In that footage the unidentified officer was seen attempting to arrest FedEx driver Nichols, 29, after he was initially pulled over, then firing his Taser at him as he ran from police. He later says “I hope they stomp his ass,” but the officer is not part of the group who then chase Nichols down.

“Officer Hemphill is relieved of duty. This is an ongoing investigation. Once additional information is available, we will update our social media platforms. Hemphill was hired in 2018,” a department spokesperson said.

Arrest that man! He said he hopes something happens to someone at a later time that he's not involved in, in any way. That will bring justice.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
quote:

____

She's despicable!

But predictable.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

1. The stop is supposedly for "Reckless driving" Ok, sure. That's a valid stop for sure. One of my pet peeves actually. I hate revenue generation via traffic stops, in my mind, stop people for traffic who are doing unsafe things. THOSE are the people who need tickets. Those are the ones I'm zero tolerance for. If I stop(ed) you for the following:

From watching some of the videos I can't see the initial violation. It may be out there, but I haven't seen it. If it is, and I see it, I may change my opinions.

From what I gathered watching (listening to) the videos is they attempted to stop him, he ignored them (loud music or maybe impaired?), He stopped at stop light like nothing was going on and turned on his turn signal and waited for green. That's is when they attempted the felony stop-like arrest.

My guess is that he was high or just in his own world not paying attention.

Oddly, verbally he seems like he's trying to cooperate and is calm, but at the same time physically he's resisting. I wonder what is going through his mind at this point

As I said earlier (I thought) they were lucky to be taken out of the fight early by pepper spraying themselves. I guess they (or just whitey?) are being charged for initiating the stop? Not sure what whitey and the other officer did other than not being able to control the suspect?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Has the romantic relationships between the deceased and any of the MPD who administered the beating been fully explored ? Like one of the cops wife/girlfriend/ sister was involved with him ?

I’ve seen this speculated more than once recently, that this was personal. Have you read something real about this or is it just internet chatter?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post