SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I prefer the security system on James Bond's Lotus Esprit.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or, just don't visit or live in San Francisco (or Oakland) or California. Wait, Californians are moving to Seattle if they cant find a $880k house in Boise to buy so that's not a good idea.

I think I saw today that Gov. Nuisance is proposing to spend ~$300M to combat crime. That wont do much. The Los Angeles DA (Gascon) has proposed to make several Juvenile felonies into 'restorative justice' so that will make LA more awesome and help waste the $300M Californians will pay for progressive laws and DA's, Mayors etc.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Last weekend Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) handed out awards at an event celebrating the 102nd anniversary of the Communist Party USA.

Now He Denies Knowing Event He Went to Was Communist-Related.

Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Bad enough on the face of it but he sounds so happy and proud to be there. A world-class POS Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
And yet I seem to recall at least a couple of posters here confidently asserting that the police don’t prevent crimes, all they do is take the reports after the crimes are committed. Strange that I haven’t seen that claim made among our group for the last couple of years or so. Do they or don’t they? A real puzzle. Roll Eyes

It isn’t common in the US for police to *directly* prevent crime as they are rarely in the right place at the right time to *directly* prevent the crime. The way that police in the US police system prevent crime is by tracking down and arresting the folks who commit crimes. As previously pointed out, this doesn’t work so well if the DA is bought and paid for by George Soro.

In the US, police prevent crime *indirectly* by catching and (with the aid of prosecutors) punishing them. When Pookie thinks, “If I do that, those @#$&$& cops will catch me and I spend years in jail, screw that for a game of skittles!”, then police have indirectly prevented crime.

During a visit to Chile, we saw the changing of the guard of the protection police. It is insane, they have darned near one cop per block! There are literally Protection police on darned near every block, at least in some areas. They are literally all over to prevent crimes from happening. I can’t imagine that we would tolerate that sort of policing, or be willing to pay for it here in the US.

They also have an entirely separate police organization that functions more like our system.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
^^^^^^

Bad enough on the face of it but he sounds so happy and proud to be there. A world-class POS Mad

Rush used to call him "DaNang Dick" for lying about his military service.

https://www.masslive.com/mywid...cord_in_vietnam.html

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Times Square and the surrounding avenues in NYC used to have 1 LEO per corner. (several per block) I recall my wife commenting on this when we were there in 2014.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
^^^^^^

Rush used to call him "DaNang Dick" for lying about his military service.

https://www.masslive.com/mywid...cord_in_vietnam.html

He can't help himself.

Senator Blumenthal Lies That He Didn't Know He Was Speaking to the Communist Party

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) said he would have not gone to an event in Connecticut if he had known it was linked to the Communist Party in an interview with the Hartford Courant.

On Dec. 11, Blumenthal spoke at the annual Amistad Awards ceremony hosted by the Connecticut People’s World Committee, which is associated with the Communist Party USA.

"My understanding was that this ceremony was strictly a labor event," Blumenthal told the outlet Friday. "If I had known the details, I wouldn’t have gone. ... Let me just say very emphatically, I’m a Democrat and a strong believer in American capitalism. I have been consistently a Democrat and a strong supporter and believer in American capitalism." ...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The funniest part about DaNang Dick talking to the communists is that some of them actually probably fought in Vietnam. Just for the other side.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If anyone believes that by “preventing” crime I meant that a police officer was present at the scene to catch someone in the act, such as hiding in a trash dumpster with discreet observation slits to see when someone smashes a car window to steal a laptop, and that that seldom happens, I hereby award him the Order of the Obviousius Recognitionius Medal, First Class. And if they believe that such protective coverage would seldom be feasible in practice, then they get a Kudzu Tendril Cluster addition to their OOR Medal, First Class.

(I could attempt to explain what I meant by suggesting that the police do prevent crimes, but I believe it would be a waste of electrons for anyone requiring such an explanation. And FWIW, the police do in fact sometimes engage in direct action activities to prevent crimes. A notable example was the NYPD stakeout squad that officers like Jim Cirillo were members of. When there’s a possibility that there may be a police officer armed with a shotgun hiding in the convenience store one is planning to rob, it can give even the dimmest pause.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been consistently a Democrat and a strong supporter and believer in American capitalism." ...

Hmmm, sort of a contradiction in terms, isn't it?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I well remember Blumenthal's smart-assed "falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus" lecture to Brett Kavanaugh. Guess the fake news organizations don't...

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Nothing to see here, just Da Nang Dick being a commie dick.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do recall President Trump offering to deploy Federal resources to Chicago and Lightfoot telling the feds to stay out. Now she is begging for them.

Chicago mayor who pushed $80M defund of cops now pleads for feds to save city

https://nypost.com/2021/12/21/...o-stem-gun-violence/

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot — who last year proposed cutting $80 million from her city’s police budget — publicly pleaded with the feds on Monday to bolster the ranks of her city’s cops amid a surge in shootings and homicides.

Lightfoot called on Attorney General Merrick Garland to send agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to the Windy City for a six-month crackdown on illegal guns.

“We cannot continue to endure the level of violence that we are now experiencing,” Lightfoot said during a 40-minute speech.

“I feel the urgency every day.”

The desperation move made Lightfoot — who’s said she opposes the “defund the police” movement — the second big-city Democratic mayor in days to announce dramatic steps to restore law and order as crime spirals out of control.

On Dec. 14, progressive San Francisco Mayor London Breed — who last year pledged to shift $120 million from the city’s law-enforcement budget to social spending — reversed course during a speech in which she vowed to end “the reign of criminals who are destroying our city.”

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot — who last year proposed cutting $80 million from her city’s police budget — publicly pleaded with the feds on Monday to bolster the ranks of her city’s cops amid a surge in shootings and homicides.

Lightfoot called on Attorney General Merrick Garland to send agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to the Windy City for a six-month crackdown on illegal guns.

“We cannot continue to endure the level of violence that we are now experiencing,” Lightfoot said during a 40-minute speech.

The desperation move made Lightfoot — who’s said she opposes the “defund the police” movement — the second big-city Democratic mayor in days to announce dramatic steps to restore law and order as crime spirals out of control.

On Dec. 14, progressive San Francisco Mayor London Breed — who last year pledged to shift $120 million from the city’s law-enforcement budget to social spending — reversed course during a speech in which she vowed to end “the reign of criminals who are destroying our city.”

In Chicago, the number of shooting victims reached 4,270 on Sunday, up nearly 9 percent from the 3,930 people shot during the same period last year, according to police statistics obtained by the Chicago Tribune.

Meanwhile, homicides have increased 5 percent, from 749 to 783, making the Windy City the deadliest in the nation.

“Right now, today, there are simply too many violent people walking our streets and wreaking havoc in our neighborhoods,” Lightfoot said Monday.

She added: “I know that people are scared and emotions…on public safety, and specifically gun violence, including carjackings, are running high.”

Although Chicago is far behind its 1970 record of 964 killings, at least a dozen cities across the US have already seen more murders than ever this year, including Philadelphia; Columbus, Ohio; and Rochester, NY.

In addition to calling for additional ATF agents be deployed to Chicago, Lightfoot — who said the city was “awash” in guns — said more federal prosecutors would be needed to handle the “new cases that will be generated.”

Lightfoot also called on Garland to send extra deputy US marshals to help Chicago cops and the Cook County Sheriff’s Office track down wanted suspects.

“We need these additional resources well in advance of summer,” she said.

Lightfoot further called on judges to immediately stop releasing defendants with ankle bracelets following their arrests for violent crimes including murder and kidnapping, calling the electronic monitoring system “fundamentally broken.”

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
If anyone believes that by “preventing” crime I meant that a police officer was present at the scene to catch someone in the act, such as hiding in a trash dumpster with discreet observation slits to see when someone smashes a car window to steal a laptop, and that that seldom happens, I hereby award him the Order of the Obviousius Recognitionius Medal, First Class. And if they believe that such protective coverage would seldom be feasible in practice, then they get a Kudzu Tendril Cluster addition to their OOR Medal, First Class.

(I could attempt to explain what I meant by suggesting that the police do prevent crimes, but I believe it would be a waste of electrons for anyone requiring such an explanation. And FWIW, the police do in fact sometimes engage in direct action activities to prevent crimes. A notable example was the NYPD stakeout squad that officers like Jim Cirillo were members of. When there’s a possibility that there may be a police officer armed with a shotgun hiding in the convenience store one is planning to rob, it can give even the dimmest pause.)

sigfreund: I'm having trouble understanding where you are going with this. I'm trying to understand, but just not there yet.
It seems to me that if you defund the police, crime goes up. We now have data which proves that. Of course, it's a 4 piece band with the DA, prisons, etc. playing chorus in the background. Legislators writing mandatory minimum sentencing etc. helps too.

What am I missing?? Thanks in advance for giving it another try Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah it's the guns, it's not letting violent felons out with no bail after refusing to charge them with illegal gun possession "kicker" charges.

And that's after Zero and Holder stopped prosecuting people who lie on the 4473 because...guess who usually got caught?

These big city commies need to face their next election with their opponent relentlessly telling the voters how they (Lightfoot, Foxx, and their ilk) allowed and ENCOURAGED all this to happen.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Massive Web Of Unindicted Operators At The Heart Of January 6, meet Ray Epps and associates.
Link

More Unindicted Operators, videos w/audio and details at link.
Link

Perhaps Nancy and her Jan. 6th Committee can check with the FBI and see why some were arrested while those that planned and led the way seem to be ignored by the FBI.

Nancy might even want to inquire as to why these leaders wanted to remove the fencing and “Area Closed” signage before the rally ended.
Seems some wanted others to think a normally open area of he Capital was still open.
A bit of a trap one might think.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd bet the house on Ray Epps being an active FBI agent. I've seen first hand how sneaky they are and how they try to how to set people up. I've been a victim of their attempts to set people up. In my case however they failed. What they will do with Ray Epps assuming he's an agent based in DC is to immediately remove him from that office and send him far, far away. It's either that or they brought him in to DC from another office out in the boon docks somewhere or perhaps a foreign country where he will return because the chances of him being recognized are less.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Ray Epps location is not secret.
Reporter from Pure Politics tried to question Ray Epps.

Next day, FBI questions Reporter from Pure Politics.
Odd coincidence, dontcha think.

MTG Wonders How Ray Epps Is Doing

Deep State provocateurs are not new, but thanks to social media and independent investigative reporters, we’re seeing them appear more and more targeting conservative groups.
More lawmakers need to follow MTG’s lead and expose these miscreants.

Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
To quote Rorschach...

“The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'No.”

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I do recall President Trump offering to deploy Federal resources to Chicago and Lightfoot telling the feds to stay out. Now she is begging for them.

Chicago mayor who pushed $80M defund of cops now pleads for feds to save city

https://nypost.com/2021/12/21/...o-stem-gun-violence/

In Chicago, the number of shooting victims reached 4,270 on Sunday, up nearly 9 percent from the 3,930 people shot during the same period last year, according to police statistics obtained by the Chicago Tribune.

Meanwhile, homicides have increased 5 percent, from 749 to 783, making the Windy City the deadliest in the nation.

“Right now, today, there are simply too many violent people walking our streets and wreaking havoc in our neighborhoods,” Lightfoot said Monday.

She added: “I know that people are scared and emotions…on public safety, and specifically gun violence, including carjackings, are running high.”

Although Chicago is far behind its 1970 record of 964 killings, at least a dozen cities across the US have already seen more murders than ever this year, including Philadelphia; Columbus, Ohio; and Rochester, NY.

In addition to calling for additional ATF agents be deployed to Chicago, Lightfoot — who said the city was “awash” in guns — said more federal prosecutors would be needed to handle the “new cases that will be generated.”

Lightfoot also called on Garland to send extra deputy US marshals to help Chicago cops and the Cook County Sheriff’s Office track down wanted suspects.

“We need these additional resources well in advance of summer,” she said.

Lightfoot further called on judges to immediately stop releasing defendants with ankle bracelets following their arrests for violent crimes including murder and kidnapping, calling the electronic monitoring system “fundamentally broken.”

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post