SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Minnesota Police Chief Resigns After Reporters' Rebuke For Calling Riot A "Riot"

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ef-not-use-term-riot

The Minnesota police officer who shot and killed a Black man Sunday during a traffic stop, along with the Police Chief who supervised her and the department, have both resigned Tuesday after nights of rioting and looting rocked their community in the wake of the state's latest officer-involved shooting.

More at link.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Minnesota Police Chief Resigns After Reporters' Rebuke For Calling Riot A "Riot"

The Minnesota police officer who shot and killed a Black man Sunday during a traffic stop, along with the Police Chief who supervised her and the department, have both resigned Tuesday after nights of rioting and looting rocked their community in the wake of the state's latest officer-involved shooting.

More at link.

Any bets the mayor might have had a little to do with this too?

Call a "riot" a riot or not fire the officer until she gets her due process; no matter how it's reported to the press, either way you end up out a job in Minneapolis. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
- a guy named Bill

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:

More at link.

IMO, that chief has behaved like the picture of integrity and transparency in the midst of an administrator's worst nightmare. I'm sorry to see him lose his job over this, but I imagine it was inevitable.

I also saw that the mayor fired the city manager because the city manager made a statement to the effect that they had to follow due process in disciplinary proceedings for the officer. I would have thought that would be a given, but apparently these days it's not Roll Eyes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ocess-police-officer

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Tides turn. Never forget those who created this mess. Give them their due without mercy when the tides favor us. While we don’t name shooters and give them the glory they seek, perhaps we should always name the mayors et al so that we can remember their rightful place once they have fallen from Grace and keep them there.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

More at link.

IMO, that chief has behaved like the picture of integrity and transparency in the midst of an administrator's worst nightmare. I'm sorry to see him lose his job over this, but I imagine it was inevitable.

I also saw that the mayor fired the city manager because the city manager made a statement to the effect that they had to follow due process in disciplinary proceedings for the officer. I would have thought that would be a given, but apparently these days it's not Roll Eyes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ocess-police-officer

Someone had to be thrown into the volcano to appease the media gods, and we are fresh out of virgins up there.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I know the comment was sardonic. Media doesn’t need to be appeased. They are a service. What might be good is “news service” needs to get certified and have some oath regarding integrity, factual, unbiased. Like a Hippocratic oath. People should be fired and the service fined heavily for violations. All others, like CNN, don’t get to use “news” as part of their name - rather they must identify themselves as opinion, propaganda or entertainment providers.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why I choose to get my info here.

Thanks members & para!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

More at link.

The linguistic word games and narrative shaping on full-display.

Wish there was a camera pointed at these 'reporters' to everyone who these supposed 'reporters' are and to visual show their righteous indignation and fury at this police chief, as he attempts to answer loaded and leading questions.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Wish there was a camera pointed at these 'reporters' to everyone who these supposed 'reporters' are and to visual show their righteous indignation and fury at this police chief, as he attempts to answer loaded and leading questions.
Yet this chief learned nothing from the fast four years in dealing with the media. You don't play nice with them, you don't take their crap, and when they inevitably attack, you return fire with both barrels. This guy rolled over to the mob and media and as such, was discarded.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Sheriff Grady Judd he was not. However, how would being fired affect his retirement instead of resigning? I suspect he didn't have a much of a choice.

The City Council fired the City Manager as well:

According to the Star Tribune, at least one city council member voted to oust Boganey from the job he’s held since 2006 not because he had done a bad job, or because he’d done anything wrong, but “because she feared for her property and retaliation by protestors if she had voted to keep him.”

“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly,” Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said, according to the Star Tribune. “I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level.”

Link

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly,” Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said, according to the Star Tribune. “I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level.”

Well with that statement I would be surprised if the mob hasn't surrounded her house already. Fools, fools and more fools.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Tides turn. Never forget those who created this mess. Give them their due without mercy when the tides favor us. While we don’t name shooters and give them the glory they seek, perhaps we should always name the mayors et al so that we can remember their rightful place once they have fallen from Grace and keep them there.

Amen.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, they have an unfortunate screen name, but I couldn't possibly agree more with them.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Media doesn’t need to be appeased. They are a service. What might be good is “news service” needs to get certified and have some oath regarding integrity, factual, unbiased. Like a Hippocratic oath. People should be fired and the service fined heavily for violations. All others, like CNN, don’t get to use “news” as part of their name - rather they must identify themselves as opinion, propaganda or entertainment providers.

Media is a business.
They lie to please an audience or an agenda.
It's about the money, but for some it isn't JUST about the money. For some, it's about sucking up to power.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, they have an unfortunate screen name, but I couldn't possibly agree more with them.

Catturd is famous! He's a huge Trump supporter and Trump retweeted a bunch of the memes he created. He's even written a couple of books...All available with all your catturd merch needs at https://ilovecatturd.com/

quote:

I guess the new chief can deal with the brain surgeon mayor:

Let him/her go out on a few stops unarmed.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

What do you want to bet that that new chief is black and/or a woman?

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

What do you want to bet that that new chief is black and/or a woman?

That's a given.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The Arrest Warrant for Duante Wright.

Armed Robbery.
When will we learn whether or not, if there was a gun in the car?
Seemed obvious to me that he was going for something in the car.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post