SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
And George Floyd's family has reportedly settled with the city of Minneapolis for $27 million.

Well that's perfect Roll Eyes
And they'll be flat broke in 38 months or less...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^This

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
In many (all ?) of these settlements, there is a common name - Ben Crump.

First heard of him in Trayvon Martin days. Crump is a lawyer and he is right there when shootings occur. He must be making a fortune representing the families.

Ben Crump - Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, George Floyd, Flint water crisis, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake. and more

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Crump is a lawyer race baiting POS and he is right there when shootings occur.
FIFY just for the sake of accuracy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
almost as bad as a lawyer that hangs out in an emergency room with a fist full of business cards hoping that a doctor or nurse screws up

Posts: 53184 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Boy that Lisa Bender from the City Council is a C-Word.

Bender explained the council voted for the record breaking settlement because 'our efforts at incremental reform have failed. Period.'

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the fun continues in Portland, OR.
It's cold but dry recently.

I thought of calling CQ on 17M today, and adding after my callsign; 'Near Antifa Oregon'.

https://www.kptv.com/news/mark...html?block_id=994431

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
And George Floyd's family has reportedly settled with the city of Minneapolis for $27 million.

And they'll be flat broke in 38 months or less...

I wonder how many financial predators/scammers have their sights on them?

And a slight thread drift, I understand Target announced they are moving much of their HQ out of Minneapolis. I wonder if the underlying reasons include the political/economic malaise of the city?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is going to become a career path for some of these families. Keep spitting out kids and put them on the street and hope for the best. Maybe one will hit the payday for ya.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
In many (all ?) of these settlements, there is a common name - Ben Crump.

First heard of him in Trayvon Martin days. Crump is a lawyer and he is right there when shootings occur. He must be making a fortune representing the families.

He's reportedly worth about $5 million. That figure is probably going to be higher now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Wonder how much he donates to BLM? POS

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Maybe the business owners that suffered property loss can sue them for damages.

I'd be finding me a lawyer and dropping that suit on Monday.

They did nothing to stop or mitigate the riots, only across were to inflame them.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
So now they're rioting in West coast cities of LA, Seattle, and Portland on the anniversary of Breonna Taylors death......that happened a year ago in KY?

As the weather warms up, I guess we'll see the annual riot season get into full swing in the colder cities of the mid-west & east. And it doesn't appear that they need too much of a reason.

From Fox:
West Coast cities erupt in violence on Breonna Taylor anniversary

Major cities on the West Coast were among those seeing riots and protests Saturday night as demonstrators marked the one-year anniversary of Breonna Taylor’s death in a police raid in Louisville, Kentucky.

Los Angeles, Seattle and Portland all saw clashes between crowds and police, with numerous arrests reported.

Full article here:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/wes...a-taylor-anniversary

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have adopted the practice of ignoring all news of the rioting unless it is happening on my block (and it isn't--not yet, at least--not even close). I'm not where it is happening and there is nothing I can do about it, so I just don't care. I prefer to worry about matters I have some control over.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Portland's latest "solution"

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...combat-gun-violence/

Portland, Oregon’s City Council approved $1.4 million for “unarmed” patrols to be stationed in parks to fight gun crime.

KGW reports there will be “two dozen” such patrols, working a schedule that ensures someone is working “around-the-clock.”

The money for the “unarmed” patrols is part of a larger $6 million plan intended to fight gun violence in the city. The largest portion of the money–$4.1 million–“will be earmarked for community groups that work in the neighborhoods hardest-hit by gunfire.”

None of the money okayed by the City Council will go to the police.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) reacted to the approved funding: “We agree that the immediate spike in gun violence is a public health threat that requires a public health response that invests in community-based organizations working to change the conditions and environments that foster violence.”

you have to admit - it is a "public health threat".

There have been more than 250 shootings in Portland thus far in 2021. That is a greater than 100 percent increase over the 111 shootings in Portland at this same time in 2020.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

can't put my finger on it, but something seems pessimistic about this approach Smile

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wonder how many of the patrol members will get shot before they figure out it was a bad idea to have unarmed engage armed.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If none of the mentioned funds are going to police, perhaps the police should flat out refuse to respond to the cries for help when these “patrollers” get attacked.

This smells like libtard logic to me; the police get called to help unarmed workers getting attacked, use force, then get attacked for using force when there is a program in place where they were trying not to use armed police, who obviously made things worse by going there for any reason.

I can totally see this happening...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Wonder how many of the patrol members will get shot before they figure out it was a bad idea to have unarmed engage armed.

sounds like a great opportunity for Darwin to add some bleach to the gene pool

Posts: 53184 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
What a shit show.
They created this mess and now trying to get people hurt.

What are they going to do when they meet up with the nutters that infest the parks?
Quite a few are bat shit crazy and dangerous as Hell.
The Corvallis police just had to put one down after coming at them with a knife at a hotel a few days ago.
Which was another shit show all around.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Portland's latest "solution"

Portland, Oregon’s City Council approved $1.4 million for “unarmed” patrols to be stationed in parks to fight gun crime.

KGW reports there will be “two dozen” such patrols, working a schedule that ensures someone is working “around-the-clock.”

Big Grin LOL....Berkeley tried the same thing about 10-15 years ago, called it a safety patrol. They had a similar budget for this citizen patrol, even gave them jackets, flashlights and a few cars. The first month, everyone was all excited, then the reality sank in, all the action was during graveyard and swing-shift hours, there was limited infrastructure beyond calling the cops or, calling an ambulance. After the first experience with assault or, weapon usage, most quit. The city council continue to siphon-off money until it was disbanded.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post