SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well the rioters should have to do their thing on the computer too then.
Great idea. Zoom riots!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

This tells you everything you need to know about how George Floyd died. The best written factual piece on the subject you will find.

Who Killed George Floyd

Good write up.

I think the prosecutor's hands are tied. They HAVE to go through trial and put it on the jury. The risk is they might get a guilty verdict.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/law-...ainst-derek-chauvin/

A judge has restored a third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis cop accused of killing George Floyd.

Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill granted the prosecutors’ request to restore the charge after the state Supreme Court rejected Chauvin’s request Wednesday to block the charge.

Chauvin was captured on video kneeling onto Floyd’s neck on May 25, while Floyd was handcuffed, for nine minutes until he died.

He already faces charges of second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. The second-degree murder charge carries a maximum penalty of 40 years.

The reinstated third-degree murder charge carries a maximum penalty of 25 years.

Cahill dismissed the third-degree murder charge in fall 2020 because he thought the circumstances for Chauvin’s case did not meet the criteria for the charge.

Cahill ruled at the time that a third-degree murder charge under state law in Minnesota required proof that someone’s conduct was “eminently dangerous” to those around Floyd instead of just Floyd.

But an appellate court ruling days before jury selection for Floyd’s trial established a precedent to replace what used to be in place.

Cahill said he is now bound by a ruling from a recent court decision which stated that third-degree murder can be used to charge acts toward a single person.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so they added a charge that the judge previously had dismissed

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

This tells you everything you need to know about how George Floyd died. The best written factual piece on the subject you will find.

Who Killed George Floyd

Good write up.

I think the prosecutor's hands are tied. They HAVE to go through trial and put it on the jury. The risk is they might get a guilty verdict.

Unless the judge orders a lethal injection right there in the court room, I doubt anything will satisfy the rioters. It's warming up & cities are going to start burning again.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The US government has already been overthrown. Wake TF up. Floyds death had nothing to do with it!

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I get the sense the State officials and politicians are going to sacrifice Chauvin to the mob in exchange for peace. I wish that weren’t a possibility but after all I’ve witnessed, I have no confidence left in the system.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I get the sense the State officials and politicians are going to sacrifice Chauvin to the mob in exchange for peace. I wish that weren’t a possibility but after all I’ve witnessed, I have no confidence left in the system.

You may be and probably are correct. But as has already been said the city will burn either way. Burning and looting because Chauvin is found innocent on even one of the charges or burning and looting in celebration because he goes to prison for life. If Target is smart they will shut their doors and ship all their inventory to the warehouse a couple of days before the announcement of verdicts. I'd love to see what the mob would do when they bust into Target and the shelves are bare.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd love to see what the mob would do when they bust into Target and the shelves are bare.

Burn the building to the ground

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I think you’re right. He and Rittenhouse are going to be made an example of.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Chauvin is being slow walked to the sacrifice. There could be a video of him pulling kittens and a bunch of babies of all races out of an orphanage, and they would still fry him. His only hope is some people on the jury that can and will follow the evidence and see through the theatrics. Not going to bet on that though.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
So, innocent until proven guilty and the premise that it's better that a guilty person go free rather than a single innocent man be falsely imprisoned is forgotten?

Now we use the justice system to set examples? Innocence or guilt no longer matter - it's all about the message?

I can't convey how fucked up our government is. Truly, we need to shake the tree.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
NO, they're going to go with what is right and proper and ethical and find Chauvin innocent of the charges and face down the low intellect mobs for the good of everyone.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Have some faith in at least one juror.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
NO, they're going to go with what is right and proper and ethical and find Chauvin innocent of the charges and face down the low intellect mobs for the good of everyone.

I have a dream.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Mayor of Minneapolis is on a roll. First he succeeded in closing an Apple store because parking was gutted to add bike paths, and now Target says “see ya”.

I live near the Brooklyn Park campus, it’s pretty freaking nice!

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com...own-minneapolis/amp/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12333 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smart move on Targets part.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
deck is totally stacked against Chauvin in Minneapolis

Prosecutors have "volunteer" help

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...uvin-trial-day-4.php

Former Obama administration acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal argued the reinstatement issue via Zoom on behalf of the prosecution. Katyal is contributing his services to the prosecution

so is Maslon partner Steve Schleicher and Blackwell Burke partner Jerry Blackwell.

Assistant Attorney General Matthew Frank will apparently lead the trial team in court with their assistance and that of another attorney or two from the Attorney General’s office.

Christina Marinkakis has been introduced several times as part of the prosecution team. She is a jury consultant

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First, the defense struck Juror #1. She said she had trouble with English. She sounded like someone who struggled with the language, and the Mexican immigrant needed her husband to read her the questions from the juror questionnaire, which were posed in English. Well, her husband and Google translate. Judge Cahill did not , however, strike her from the jury pool, and in fact, denied the defense motion to do likewise. So, the defense used a peremptory challenge, and she was sent home.

https://www.libertynation.com/...h-racial-accusation/

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And George Floyd's family has reportedly settled with the city of Minneapolis for $27 million.

Well that's perfect Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
^^^^
More like the city of Minneapolis has capitulated to George Floyd's family.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Maybe the business owners that suffered property loss can sue them for damages.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post