SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
I was just wondering if things had calmed down since the head progs told the thugs to stop burning things or if things were just not being covered

It’s both. The local news had already stopped giving live updates on all the violence before Don Lemonhead et al had “concerns.”

Posts: 17151 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
An announcement in the Breonna Taylor case is expected at 1:30 today. There is a very large contingent of federal law enforcement on the ground and some national guard units have been activated but not yet deployed. In addition to unrest in Louisville, Lexington and Frankfort also expect at least minor disturbances.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The good news is the Anarchist Cities aren't seeing the writing on the wall and they're plowing full steam ahead into it. Who are they going to tax to cover the shortage in tax revenue? Amazon is already relocating 25,000 workers to Bellevue Wa.

From todays KOMO News:

quote:
Seattle City Council votes to override Mayor Durkan's budget veto

As part of the amended budget proposed by the council, which has now been officially adopted, the spending plan calls for:
- Cutting the police department staff by roughly 100 officers.
- Eliminating the department's Navigation Team, which serves as an outreach effort to the homeless.
- The council voted 7-2 to override this budget bill, while voting 9-0 to override the other budget bills.
- Trimming the salaries of SPD’s command staff.
https://komonews.com/news/loca...-durkans-budget-veto

quote:
Recent protests, crime may be taking toll on downtown Seattle businesses

He said more than 100 businesses in the area have exited since March. Blakeney points to a combination of factors, including coronavirus-related closures and social unrest. But in the case of Columbia, he said he believes it has a lot to do with deteriorating safety conditions at the corner of 3rd Street and Pine Avenue.
https://komonews.com/news/oper...n-seattle-businesses

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^
Makes sense, doesn't it?.
Don't like hearing about the police arresting people or getting in shootings, just get rid of the police.
What could go wrong?

Let's watch and see where this works out better, Florida or Seattle.

Posts: 9522 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Some time (years) ago, I read a comment here that the police don’t prevent crimes, they merely respond to complaints and take reports to satisfy the insurance claims.

The comment was not challenged or otherwise remarked upon at the time and I don’t take notes about people who say stupid things here so I can point them out later. I remember it clearly, though, and wonder now if he still believes that the police have no effect on preventing crime as we’re seeing the effects of some jurisdictions trying to turn themselves into third world cesspits by prohibiting traditional police activities.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Firebomb throwers should be carefully identified and shot while in the act.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Firebomb throwers should be carefully identified and shot while in the act.

Riot Shotgun
#8 shot shells
Hand thrown reactive targets

It's a new game full of stupid prizes

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37976 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Firebomb throwers should be carefully identified and shot while in the act burned at the stake.

I know it won't happen in this universe, but I do wonder how it worked in alternate ones.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Some time (years) ago, I read a comment here that the police don’t prevent crimes, they merely respond to complaints and take reports to satisfy the insurance claims.

The comment was not challenged or otherwise remarked upon at the time and I don’t take notes about people who say stupid things here so I can point them out later. I remember it clearly, though, and wonder now if he still believes that the police have no effect on preventing crime as we’re seeing the effects of some jurisdictions trying to turn themselves into third world cesspits by prohibiting traditional police activities.

I'm not sure what this comment is trying to accomplish? Someone on SigForum, some time ago, made a silly comment, which is now attributed to a person, and the community let it pass, and now it bears bringing up because....

I would find it hard to believe that opinion lasted very long outside of the thread in which the comment was made, given the overwhelming support for the existence of Law Enforcement, and application thereof, this forum has exhibited for my time here. And besides, that seems to ignore the massive outcry any denigration of law enforcement receives around these parts. Every time.

I'm not arguing it didn't happen. I'm curious as to whether I'm to feel a certain way, or be angry at a ghost of comment's past?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Context matters.

I've said to (traffic related) clients that "The police are just name-takers for the Judge." That's not meant to be disparaging or anti-police but to remind the clients that they shouldn't argue with or be disrespectful if they disagree with the police. We can fight it out later in Court.

Yes, a lack of police will lead to a break-down of civil society. But the police can't be everywhere at once. So, more often than not, they can't prevent an individual from committing a crime. Which is why self-defense is so important.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24128 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I'm curious as to whether I'm to feel a certain way ...?

Well, then, take it as the question I asked: Does anyone reading it still believe that the police don’t prevent crimes by their actions? Don’t recent, and not-so-recent events like the ones in Ferguson or Baltimore demonstrate what happens in societies when the laws are enforced poorly or not at all and the actions of the police are based more on the shifting winds of politics rather than the laws themselves?

A question isn’t supposed to make anyone feel a certain way, but rather—if they are interested, of course—to answer if it applies to them or at least to ponder when posed on a discussion forum like this one. And I don’t know how many members here share the belief that police don’t prevent crimes, but I suspect it’s more than the one who had the courage of his convictions to post it here. If I am correct, then one of the purposes of my comment was to give them something to think about.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Seattle pays ex-pimp $150,000 to offer ‘alternatives to policing’

I don't care what anyone says, this is straight up hilarious. The Dems are using the movie "Idiocracy" as a strategy!

Officer Collins: "We did, however have to come to an arrangement with her pimp. A gentleman who goes by the name Upgrayedd. Which he spells thusly, with two D's, as he says, "for a double dose of this pimping."

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care what anyone says, this is straight up hilarious. The Dems are using the movie "Idiocracy" as a strategy!
This may be setting the bar a little high IMHO.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Reap what you sow, liberal fucktard voters of Seattle...

feel sorry for our conservative American brethren swept affected by all this idiocy...

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
“Everyone in our city deserves to feel safe in their community," Gonzalez said.
And what you're doing, you ridiculous moron, will insure people will never feel or be safe again. Welcome to third world status Seattle.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
^^
Makes sense, doesn't it?.
Don't like hearing about the police arresting people or getting in shootings, just get rid of the police.
What could go wrong?

Let's watch and see where this works out better, Florida or Seattle.

What do you think has been going on in Chicago and New York.
First, look at the politics- District/States Attorneys, Mayors and Judges. All worshipping at the sjw alter.

NYPD disbanded their "Anti-Crime" unit.
Chicago dismantled and "redistributed" our Narcotics Unit.

Let me see... Those units are responsible for not only arrests, but CONVICTIONS. But you can't have that! And I quote Toni Preckwinkle, runner up for Chicagos mayor in the last election, and current Cook Co board president: "Too many black and brown people in jail".

So what did we do to make sure too many black and brown people DONT go to jail? Get rid of the units that are arresting them.

Let's talk about budgets-
Guess who's broke, and about to go broke?
Chicago and New York...
Guess who costs money?
Police Departments.

With Officers (and not just in NY and Chgo) retirement rates sky high right now, and not a lot of qualified people that want to take the job, and not a lot of money in budgets... Looks like "de facto" defunding... Departments all over are going to be short manpower, and cities won't or can't replace them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I was just going to post this video. It has one of the best descriptions of the event, best quality video, and angles that were not previously shown/posted.

Well worth the 11 min watch.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I was just going to post this video. It has one of the best descriptions of the event, best quality video, and angles that were not previously shown/posted.

This is the video released yesterday by Kyle Rittenhouse' defense team/group FightBack.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has one of the best descriptions of the event, best quality video, and angles that were not previously shown/posted.

Yes, it does; and yes, it is.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I'm curious as to whether I'm to feel a certain way ...?

Well, then, take it as the question I asked: Does anyone reading it still believe that the police don’t prevent crimes by their actions? Don’t recent, and not-so-recent events like the ones in Ferguson or Baltimore demonstrate what happens in societies when the laws are enforced poorly or not at all and the actions of the police are based more on the shifting winds of politics rather than the laws themselves?

A question isn’t supposed to make anyone feel a certain way, but rather—if they are interested, of course—to answer if it applies to them or at least to ponder when posed on a discussion forum like this one. And I don’t know how many members here share the belief that police don’t prevent crimes, but I suspect it’s more than the one who had the courage of his convictions to post it here. If I am correct, then one of the purposes of my comment was to give them something to think about.

quote:
belief that police don’t prevent crimes,
FWIW I never said that and don't believe that. I know your comment was general and I'm going to comment on it in a general sense I just wanted to make that clear before someone assumes something about this post.

I think the rise is a crime is more a shift in political agendas then police not wanting to prevent crime. Politicians in some places are making it extremely difficult to enforce laws and thus prevent crime. When criminals realize that that they can get away with committing crimes they are going to commit more crimes. You will never stop all crime but there is a group of people that have no issue hurting others either by violence or theft but are kept somewhat in check knowing they do not want to give up their freedom and spend time in jail. As the threat of consequents goes down crime is going up.

More on police preventing crimes. Again of course they do prevent crime but expecting a police officer to be standing near you when someone decides to rob or hurt you is foolish. Just like thinking because you have taken a defensive driving class you don't need to wear a seat belt. Everyone should take steps to protect themselves and their property. We should also support our LEO by giving them the tools to do there job. Those tools are both gear and equipment and also support by judges, politicians, and the public that is willing to deal with the bad elements.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It has one of the best descriptions of the event, best quality video, and angles that were not previously shown/posted.

Yes, it does; and yes, it is.

I just tried it and it will not play. Doesn't say it was taken off, it just says it may be offensive to some viewers. But it wont play. Searched the title on BitChute but it's not on there.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post