SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks for nothing SA and RRA
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks for nothing SA and RRA Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
As folks here know, I am a licensed firearms dealer in Virginia.

I am listed as a Rock River Arms dealer.

In a never-before experience, I've gotten two calls today from people, one a customer who bought a RRA rifle through me, and the other someone who I guess is calling everyone on listed on RRA's website as a dealer.

If I had to choose one word to describe these callers, it would be "pissed."

I like RRA's products, but if they don't get ahead of this, and soon, they are in for a world of business downturn.

As for Springfield Armory... well, I'll just say I don't own any and never will unless its a Springfield Armory gun made at the Massachusetts government armory.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah but,
https://www.springfieldpromo.com/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
How the hell do they explain away donating TWENTY THOUSAND dollars to an F-rated politician? I can't afford to donate $100 to the people I agree with, let alone the assholes that openly champion the removal of my natural rights.

Just for the sake of devil's advocacy - are there any NON-"F" rated politicians up for election in IL?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:
How the hell do they explain away donating TWENTY THOUSAND dollars to an F-rated politician? I can't afford to donate $100 to the people I agree with, let alone the assholes that openly champion the removal of my natural rights.

Just for the sake of devil's advocacy - are there any NON-"F" rated politicians up for election in IL?

Probably the same way our government can arm some durka durkas one day, and the next year or the like declare them as terrorists and bomb them into oblivion, and sleep at night.

I think both companies fucked up here, for sure, but companies and organizations and governments and people have been making deals with the less desirables and enemies since the beginning of civilization, when it suits some larger goal or end. I don't think this aspect, alone, means much or is rare.

The rest, however, I find inexcusable and I'll not be giving either company any money.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
As folks here know, I am a licensed firearms dealer in Virginia.

I am listed as a Rock River Arms dealer.

In a never-before experience, I've gotten two calls today from people, one a customer who bought a RRA rifle through me, and the other someone who I guess is calling everyone on listed on RRA's website as a dealer.

If I had to choose one word to describe these callers, it would be "pissed."

I like RRA's products, but if they don't get ahead of this, and soon, they are in for a world of business downturn.

As for Springfield Armory... well, I'll just say I don't own any and never will unless its a Springfield Armory gun made at the Massachusetts government armory.

Please use this experience as a reason to call RRA and let them know what's happening in other states.

The more pressure put on them right now, the better.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12781 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

The least pleasant answer is the one that's jumping up and slapping me in the face right now: They were doing so well with sales during the Obama years, with the constant threat against gun rights that they were willing to back those threatening gun rights to help the panic rolling. I wouldn't have wanted to believe that until I had a conversation with a LGS gunsmith who had nothing good to say about Trump taking office because the sales at his shop have sharply declined.

They were making money hand over fist with the pressure on. I'm willing to believe this backing of anti's was a gambit to help push sales as long as they could, and buy off anyone about anything that would actually impact them. I hope it puts them under, both of them.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
So, just to make sure I get this right, these companies were supporting the anti gun nuts, helping them to pass even stricter gun laws/restrictions, in order to fuel the paranoia in gun customers, trying to provoke us to feel a greater urgency to buy their products?

That's actually worse than the 'greed angle' (trying to get themselves special dispensation for financial gain). That is blatant betrayal.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maybe SA, inc and RRA can merge and then they can suck together.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107617 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What did they gain? Hatred from informed pro second amendment supporters. And it just so happens we are a group who tend to have Irish alzheimers. (Forget everything but the grudge)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's all this "carve out" stuff? Suddenly, everyone is talking like a corporate lawyer. I understand the term. Tell me specifically what SA and RRA gained from their support of antis, please.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Apparently they engineered an exemption from a new, burdensome, licensing and registration scheme in IL. All they had to do was drop opposition to the bill via their lobbying corp.

People caught wind of that AND the fact that they've been donating heavily to GDCs via this lobbying corp.

No idea what they gained in the real world. Everyone I see is lose lose lose.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

< snip >

Tell me specifically what SA and RRA gained from their support of antis, please.

Free publicity? No, they gave tens of thousands of dollars to the antis, plus paid a lobbyist to get the exemption, so it wasn't free publicity. It was publicity, but the kind Anthony Wiener gets.

Name recognition? Yeah, but its like being recognized for being a member of a terrorist group or a person with a terrible communicable disease, like syphilis or AIDS, or contagious, God awful, never-ending, voluminous flatulence. People tend not to hang out with you.

A place in future business administration textbooks? True, its the chapter on what not to do when you screw the pooch, but future generations of entrepreneurs should learn something from the bloody awful decisions being made.

A new business model. That's it. They have a new business model... called Chapter 7, so no, not a benefit.

I've got it! They made Colt look like a agile, successful, well run firearms manufacturer.

The truth is both RRA and SA had better be in damage control mode and preparing to make a very public, unequivocal mea culpa complete with atonement for their actions or they are going to see a just how badly being on the wrong side of this issue is on the bottom line. And this is possibly the worst time in the last nine years to be in that position, so they'd better do it soon, and do it big because their competition is already salivating.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
And this is possibly the worst time in the last nine years to be in that position ....

That is one of the most amazing thing about this, but what may be an even more damaging revelation that would have never received any attention if not for the first issue is the report of their supporting antigun politician(s), and especially the allegation that it was with the hope of increasing their sales by keeping the “panics” going. I could almost tolerate playing politics to avoid something like the licensing requirement if they assumed it was inevitable, but the other? Someone needs to be hung head down over a slow fire (figuratively, of course).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is there any direct evidence to support this claim that SA, Inc and RRA intended to create some sort of panic over firearms in order to sustain sales?

Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Here's an article from Bearing Arms on this whole thing. In it the dangers of what they are trying to achieve with this bill, and an alternate view and a possible explanation of SA & RRA actions.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/...sing-point-illinois/

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
Here's an article from Bearing Arms on this whole thing. In it the dangers of what they are trying to achieve with this bill, and an alternate view and a possible explanation of SA & RRA actions.

Interesting. Thank you

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Are either of these companies large manufacturers of something else? About all I can think of, which justifies the large donations, is that someone needed help for a branch of business, more significant than gun sales?

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh a calm direct assessment of the situation well done

Posts: 23465 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Oh a calm direct assessment of the situation well done

Pure spin. The fact is that the 2 companies hold 75% of the board of director positions, and are responsible for its entire budget. In other words, they know exactly what the organization is up to.

Additionally, if you don't like pay for play then move across the river into Iowa instead of buying into it. You keep most of your employees and get away from the corrupt Dailey political machine.

The only thing I agreed with is the most important thing is killing this in the Iliinois House since SA's and RRA's puppet already helped it out of the Senate.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23265 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for posting, but he didn't convince me. I agree the focus for now should be killing this bill, but the two companies who made it possible for it to see the light of day still have some explaining to do.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post