SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite sammich?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite sammich? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:

Katz's Deli: Half Pastrami sandwich with a bowl of Matzo Ball soup. Side plate of pickles and a can of Dr. Brown's Cream Soda of course
Now I'm homesick (born in Brooklyn).

Maybe a smear of chopped liver on the sandwich.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Reuben from Kenny and Ziggy's in Houston.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Literally anything from my favorite sammich place:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/beach...eli-huntington-beach

However, there is a new "banh mi" phenomenal. Baguettes, pickled daikon and carrots, secret sauce and CRISPY PORK BELLY!!!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:

Wow! Do the deliver (to Florida)?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn that looks good. So does that banh mi.

I think I need a sandwich today.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
NY Reuben, Pastami or Corned beef, and fries. Cindy's deli (Jewish), specifically the location in Richardson is the absolute best but by a somewhat sizable but narrow margin.

I can't make anything at home that even approaches those obtained dining out.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Made at home with a variety of ingredients:

* turkey, bacon, and avocado

* grilled cheeses on fancy bread or texas toast

* slider sized burgers and homemade onion rings

* homemade shrimp salad on a sub roll or with croissants

* peanut butter toast with bananas, maybe a bit of nutella

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have not a favorite sammich, gun, song, or woman. I like to enjoy a wide variety of such things. Big Grin

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cuban from the Kool Korner Grocery

Shrimp or Crawfish PoBoy - Henry's in Acworth or Crazy Cajun in Hoover

Not really a sandwich but Lox and Bagels from my house!

Beef brisket sandwich

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I have not a favorite sammich, gun, song, or woman. I like to enjoy a wide variety of such things. Big Grin

I'm the same way. I have "favorites" in each category. Truth is, I'm not terribly picky. As long as it's good, or even just trying hard. Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

You guys are making me feel bad. I have to limit my food consumption to pathetically small portions nowadays to keep my weight in check. So I like the little Shack Burger at Shake Shack. No drink, no fries, just the little burger with pickles and onion. Not even ketchup or mustard.

And, I gotta say, McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with Cheese is almost as good.

For home made: a quarter pound of Hickory Smoke Spam, fried to crispiness on the outside with raw onion. Between two slices of Mestemacher German-baked pumpernickel. Low calorie, lots of fiber.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Pipe Smoker ^^^^ Have you ever been to Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad? If not, gas up and go.

It's on of several must-eat-ats when I'm in Sandy Eggo.

It's basically a German grocery and deli, been there for almost forever. Tip Top Link

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Wow! Do the deliver (to Florida)?

https://www.goldbelly.com/kenny-and-ziggys-deli

I'm tempted !!!

Posts: 252 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Now I'm homesick (born in Brooklyn).

Maybe a smear of chopped liver on the sandwich.

Russ & Daughters: chopped liver, smoked sturgeon and some salmon.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
chopped liver, smoked sturgeon and some salmon
You're killing me.

We need a branch location in the north suburbs of Orlando.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
While I no longer eat sugar or bread, my favorite sandwich was always peanut butter and sugar. Thick coating of peanut butter and enough sugar to have some crunch.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
Literally anything from my favorite sammich place:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/beach...eli-huntington-beach

However, there is a new "banh mi" phenomenal. Baguettes, pickled daikon and carrots, secret sauce and CRISPY PORK BELLY!!!

What is this witchcraft? Pork belly?!

I'm onboard with a traditional cold cut bánh mì with a rich liver pate and house made mayo... But I'll have to give pork belly a try...

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm still in the...
--Ruben
--Lobster Roll
--BLT
...camp! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
^^^^^^ Pipe Smoker ^^^^ Have you ever been to Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad? If not, gas up and go.

It's on of several must-eat-ats when I'm in Sandy Eggo.

It's basically a German grocery and deli, been there for almost forever. Tip Top Link

Yep, I’ve been there seven or eight times. For German food I prefer Kaiserhoff on Sunset Cliffs Blvd, but it’s strictly a restaurant. Tip Top is restaurant and deli with an accent on German food.

Thanks for your tip though.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
MLT where the mutton is nice and lean. It’s so perky.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post