SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I actually have some experience in the LCD TFT Panel world from past employment I think it would be absolutely possible to create a TV for liberals that allows them to turn off the right half of the screen. A re-alignment of the back light matrix and that is definitely possible.

Wonder if that would make this guy happy.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
If the parts he repeated were removed I'd wager the show would have been half as long...and possibly twice as funny.

Saying something twice in a row is a decent persuasion technique when used sparingly, but in this case it just seemed like dramatic stuttering to me.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'll find such repetitions in most all of his standups.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I did not read all 4 pages, and I did watch maybe 15 minutes of the special on netflix tonight
turned it off because it did not seem funny

he mad valid points, as mentioned on the first page, but overall, it did no hold my attention,

and I will admit, I watch some Dave Chappelle bits on youtube, and find them to the point, and hilarious

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I found his bit about Will Smith pretty good and I also wonder if his discloser that he specifically requested his daughter be thrown out of the private school was true?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Chris Rock's Joke about Will Smith to be edited out. What a bunch of pussies.

Link

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not in its entirety. The article states:
quote:
However, Chris originally got the film name wrong and stopped himself mid-delivery to admit he had messed up the joke.

"Years ago, his wife said I should quit the Oscars. I shouldn't host 'cause her man didn't get nominated for Emancipation," he said.

"The biggest piece of s**t ever. Okay, so the n****r gives me a f***ing concussion. No, not Emancipation, I f****d up the joke. Concussion."

Netflix was on hand to edit out the blunder, however, as eagle-eyed viewers noticed that the slip-up has been deleted.

"They fixed the Concussion-Emancipation slip up in the version that's now on Netflix," one person wrote on Twitter, before adding: "It makes one wonder if there has been other tweaks!"

Another fan said: "Netflix got that live edit up of Chris Rock’s standup special quick!"

"The balls it takes to record a Netflix special live without editing. F***ing up the concussion joke is the reason why nobody does this. Chris Rock is amazing, it's as simple as that," a third fan penned.

Some people were disappointed with the edit, with one person commenting: "@netflix the edit of Chris Rock’s special is a letdown."
If you've watched the special, you'll know that this is just a brief portion of Rock's material about Smith. I just checked, and what was not edited out was Rock calling Smith a bitch about a dozen times, and Rock saying he was "rootin' for 'massa'" in Smith's movie in which he plays a slave. Also left in is Rock calling Smith's whore of a wife a "bitch".

If NetFlix was really bowing to leftist pressure, all of that would have been removed. As it stands, all NetFlix did was to remove a flub from a live broadcast. Hell, if NetFlix was still bowing to leftist pressure, this special wouldn't have even been offered up by NetFlix.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Hell, if NetFlix was still bowing to leftist pressure, this special wouldn't have even been offered up by NetFlix.

1000%.

I finally got to watch it. He had his play at woke, and trans, both, but did it very skillfully to let everyone knows he really doesn’t give a fuck but did it in a way where the Twatter mob can sit and stir. Growing up the way he did (I had a similar path in regards to poverty) he ain’t hearing all the woke bitching and moaning. Fucking entitled bitches they are and he had great points in there about them.

Yeah he tore into Smith. I remember when his bitch wife and him boycotted that Oscars because he didn’t get nominated. Honestly I saw Concussion and felt that was maybe Smith’s best role he’s ever done but there have always been people, both white, and black, who should have been nominated but didn’t get a nomination. Same for an entire film. Good Time and its actors didn’t get nominated for anything. That was the best film I saw that year. Neither did Irreversible, which remains in my top 10 of all time. Gaspar Noe’s film was just too brutal for the Academy, and the Academy is very “Play it safe” in many regards and probably just didn’t want to upset the NFL. Either way, I agree with Rock on this as well. He should turn down work because her Simp didn’t get nominated? Fuck that. I give Rock and Ricky Gervais a lot of credit for hosting those shows and showing up “unchained” ripping into the in person audience.

Rock’s latest was good. No it’s no prime Chris circa 2000 but he’s 23 years older. Much in the way Tiger Woods isn’t the golfer he was in his prime and MJ wasn’t Chicago Bulls MJ when he played at Washington. But they were/are still pretty damn good. I enjoyed it. If Black comics like Rock and Dave are the ones we have to look to, to stand up to all this bullshit, well at least it’s somebody. It should be our elected leaders, somebody, but at least these comedians are calling it out. The $100 Yoga Pants bit was hilarious. Fuck your politics. I really wished he would have went further on that bit stating that most, that wear them, shouldn’t be wearing them at all, and should go to Weight Watchers with that money instead of spending it in that store but I’ll take whatever I can get.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post