SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Oh, look, here's something new. Leftists are upset about what someone said.

Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter: 'Shocking,' ‘Turned my whole TV off’

Turned off your whole TV, huh? Wow, that's something. Usually when I turn off my TV, I just turn off part of it, so you must have been really, really mad. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They did the same thing to Dave Chapelle. I always wonder how the outrage crowd ranks oppressed minorities and who gets to say what.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, all the leftist crap that's spewed on every late night show is just fine...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
E'f um if they can't take a joke....

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Turned off your whole TV, huh? Wow, that's something. Usually when I turn off my TV, I just turn off part of it, so you must have been really, really mad. Roll Eyes
He also claimed "My soul was dying..." No, dude, your soul is dead

All they're doing is giving Rock exposure. He doesn't care about the complaints. He be like the honey badger of comedy Smile

My wife usually doesn't care for stand-up comedy, so we don't usually watch it. I think we'll have to make an exception.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Usually, I turn off roughly 40% of my TV. I turn off part of the top and the sides, and a chunk kinda out of the middle, depending. But, this guy turned off the whole thing! His outrage is bigger than those who were also outraged. Very impressive.

This guy is a "reporter"? He writes like a 14 year old, melodrama and hyperbole included.

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night ... parts made me laugh and other parts were boring.

Guess I kinda turn off a part of my television ... the sound (muted) since I listen through headphones.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did you catch this in the linked article?:
quote:
Rock’s special angered thought leaders and influencers on the left, who called it "shocking," with some even arguing that he deserved to be slapped live on air in front of millions of people.
"thought leaders"

Now there's a clue. baaaaaaaaaaaaa! baaaaaaaaaa!

Tell all the sheep what to think because unless someone does so, they're, well, thoughtless. NPCs shuffling about aimlessly

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm all for anything that pisses off leftists. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm watching it now. Less than two minutes into it and I can already see what upset the perpetually upset.

One thing, though- the name of the special is Selective Outrage, which Rock touched on immediately, talking about how one person says a thing and they get cancelled, but another person says it and nothing happens. Well, just a couple of minutes into this show and rock has used the word 'nigger' about five times, and it makes no difference how he pronounces it. The outrage is, indeed, selective.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
How's that saying go? Any publicity is good publicity

I'll have to watch it

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I need to see this then, like RIGHT NOW over lunch... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’ve always been a big fan of his, but this was not his best special.

I feel like he was trying to do more of the Chapelle bit this time around, and instead of telling jokes, he fell back more on telling stories, and tried to work in punchlines.

His bit on the capital riots, and “white men feeling like they’re losing the country,“ was obviously pandering to the liberal crowd who felt like they were probably being picked on.

It did not feel very worked out, I think that bit could’ve been a lot funnier if he had gotten into why people really felt the need to march on the capital and peppered a few truth bombs in with the jokes.

He said a couple of times “we’re going to go there“ but he didn’t really “go there“. I would’ve really enjoyed hearing some takes about how the transgender agenda, such a small part of our population, is literally creating American policy in states and in the military.

Chapelle may drive me crazy sometimes, but I respect the fact that he at least attacks this topic.

At the end of the day it just felt like he did 60 minutes of new material so he could do 10 minutes of Will Smith stuff on a NetFlix special.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
How's that saying go? Any publicity is good publicity
"There's no such thing as bad publicity" and it's not true. Just ask Bill Cosby

posted Hide Post
I saw most of it. It did get boring so i turned it off. I do understand why it pissed off liberals, but that’s nothing new. I could care less.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
I saw most of it. It did get boring so i turned it off. I do understand why it pissed off liberals, but that’s nothing new. I could care less.

If you missed the Will Smith bit at the end then you missed the best part of the show. Rather than reply immediately to the slap Rock took a year to plan the evisceration (even moreso) of Will and Jada Smith and got $40 million from Netflix knowing people would tune in for it.

I'm a fan of Chris Rock. Bigger and Blacker is one of my favorite stand up shows and it hits as hard today as it did 20 years ago. This show was OK but as others have already noted there was too much storytelling and some jokes aren't funny if the underlying facts are lies/wrong.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to watch this one.

Good thing they tweeted how offensive it is and their heroic subsequent actions. Now we all have someone to look up to. Roll Eyes

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“You know what my parents taught me? Don’t fight in front of White people!” What does that mean? Are his folk’s racist? Why would they say that?
I thought blacks said they could never be racists. Bullshit! They’re as racist as anyone! Maybe more so. F ‘em all.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maybe comedy is just not your thing.

And since you don't seem to know it, SIGforum has black members. Think before you post. How many times have I said this to you?

posted Hide Post
Chris Rock was awesome. He tore up the liberals and the the Republicans.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post