SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Did you catch this in the linked article?:
quote:
Rock’s special angered thought leaders and influencers on the left, who called it "shocking," with some even arguing that he deserved to be slapped live on air in front of millions of people.
"thought leaders"

Now there's a clue. baaaaaaaaaaaaa! baaaaaaaaaa!

Tell all the sheep what to think because unless someone does so, they're, well, thoughtless. NPCs shuffling about aimlessly

Guess they’re the ones that will lead the Two Minutes of Hate each day.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's one of his better efforts and was too long but like the fact it is pissing off the usual suspects.
There seem to be a number of the more moderate liberals that are finally coming out with well deserved criticism of the real loons on their side.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
If you missed the Will Smith bit at the end then you missed the best part of the show. Rather than reply immediately to the slap Rock took a year to plan the evisceration (even moreso) of Will and Jada Smith and got $40 million from Netflix knowing people would tune in for it.

The Will Smith stuff.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe comedy is just not your thing.

And since you don't seem to know it, SIGforum has black members. Think before you post. How many times have I said this to you?

You’ve been more than fair to me para and most courteous Yes, I know we have black forum members and I hope these members understand how much crap is being shoved our way about being tolerant and understanding on deaf ears when I see the murders, rapes, robberies, cities, neighborhoods destroyed.

I’m having health, anger issues and open my yap before thinking. If punishment is needed, I’ll take it with no ill feelings. I’m responsible for my own doing. Thanks para.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
If you missed the Will Smith bit at the end then you missed the best part of the show. Rather than reply immediately to the slap Rock took a year to plan the evisceration (even moreso) of Will and Jada Smith and got $40 million from Netflix knowing people would tune in for it.

The Will Smith stuff.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/omRzqFFGle4" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Still not the best part. Completely omitted the Emancipation jokes which were the best of the entire show.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't need explanations as to why you're condemning every single person of a particular race. It doesn't matter why you're doing it. You just have to avoid doing it, and the fact that you tell me that you know we have black members but you said this anyway is screwed up.

After you compose a post and before you hit the 'Post Now' button, I want you to stop and read what you've typed out, and then carefully consider what you are saying in that post. I am telling you- you need to actually do this each and every time.

Posts: 107555 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
[drift]
SAGE advice there!!! Not only for this forum, but for ANYTHING posted on the Al Gore Interwebs. I can't tell you how many times I've written a lengthy post/retort/snarky comment, read through it SEVERAL times, and subsequently clicked delete/cancel/what-have-you. Probably saved faced with that technique on more than two or three occasions. Razz

[/drift]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you fellas.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karpteach:
Chris Rock was awesome. He tore up the liberals and the the Republicans.

Sounds like he tore up Will And Jada Smith as well.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It’s increasingly clear to me that stand-up “comedy” outrages liberals.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It’s increasingly clear to me that stand-up “comedy” outrages liberals.

Humor was the first casualty of wokeness.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Well damn, I've clicked by this show many times as I've got to really be in the mood to spend and hour or so watching stand-up. But now, it's at the top of my list.

The comments are great because I can easily visualize their sad little liberal faces with furrowed brow.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^
[drift]
SAGE advice there!!! Not only for this forum, but for ANYTHING posted on the Al Gore Interwebs. I can't tell you how many times I've written a lengthy post/retort/snarky comment, read through it SEVERAL times, and subsequently clicked delete/cancel/what-have-you. Probably saved faced with that technique on more than two or three occasions. Razz

[/drift]

Yep, probably got as many deleted posts as I do posts LOL.....

Posts: 23420 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The end part where Rock verbally eviscerated the Smiths was a totally worthy reward for sitting through a very unspectacular middle part of the set.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, look, here's something new. Leftists are upset about what someone said.

Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter: 'Shocking,' ‘Turned my whole TV off’

Turned off your whole TV, huh? Wow, that's something. Usually when I turn off my TV, I just turn off part of it, so you must have been really, really mad. Roll Eyes

They were probably mad enough to get out their fully semi-automatic rifle, if they had one!

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it live and enjoyed it. Not his best stuff by far, but moderately entertaining.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Since Leftists hate it so much, I'll watch it. And, I'm going to turn every bit of my TV on to do it.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t Chris Rock who did a video about how to act during a police encounter, traffic stop,to avoid issues? I liked this video about Megan and the slap issues, in law comments,etc.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I watched it and it was hilarious. Talked about lots of people besides Will Smith.

If someone is going to keep score for who he used as material or offended, the list is long and includes his own family. He used Harry Markle too.

Seriously funny stuff.

Liberals use to say, "Stick and stones..." but now they can't even do that. JFK's famous line asked for people to think of things they can do for the country and today? "Gimme."

Liberals are triggered just by the fact there are others out there who aren't them.

The older I get the more I like Sasquatch's idea of avoiding people. People are problems.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Wasn’t Chris Rock who did a video about how to act during a police encounter, traffic stop,to avoid issues? I liked this video about Megan and the slap issues, in law comments,etc.

Yes and it was very funny!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post