SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Rock's new comedy special outrages liberals on Twitter Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just watched it. It had its funny moments, but, he has done much funnier material.

Re: The bit about Will Smith and his wife: It appeared to me Rock is pretty pissed/bitter over that incident.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My wife and I just watched it. It had its funny moments, but, he has done much funnier material.

Re: The bit about Will Smith and his wife: It appeared to me Rock is pretty pissed/bitter over that incident.

Exactly how I felt. He's certainly been funnier and the Will Smith bit seemed very personal and just angry, not terribly funny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't need explanations as to why you're condemning every single person of a particular race. It doesn't matter why you're doing it. You just have to avoid doing it, and the fact that you tell me that you know we have black members but you said this anyway is screwed up.

After you compose a post and before you hit the 'Post Now' button, I want you to stop and read what you've typed out, and then carefully consider what you are saying in that post. I am telling you- you need to actually do this each and every time.

I remember my late father telling me in pre-internet days, that when I felt especially pissed about something I had heard or read, that I should sit down and write a letter to the offending party telling them in no uncertain terms how I felt, because it would make me feel better. The secret was not to send it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
We watched it tonight, not his best work but we liked it a lot. He made a list of who he was going to piss off, checked it twice, and then checked off every box.

It definitely had a different vibe, the entire show had more of a personal feeling to it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it isn't as funny as the post in the thead about Will Smith getting spit on by whitey saying he was just trying to get his wife's name out his mouth.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well for only an hour and 10 minutes I laughed quite a bit. I’d recommend if your not triggered by F bombs and N words every 30-60 seconds. But I’ve thought his style of humour has been funny for 30+ years. I have sat through a lot of 30 minute sitcoms and full length “comedy” movies and never laughed at all.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:

Exactly how I felt. He's certainly been funnier and the Will Smith bit seemed very personal and just angry, not terribly funny.

Yeah, same here too ^^^

Chris Rock is a funny guy with a terrific delivery but his material aka jokes could be better.

Not sure where all the Lib-Hoopla was all about? Confused

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I thought he did a great job. I was laughing a lot. Put the fork right in their eye and twisted it. Bravo sir. Will Smith what a chump. I bet he cried (again) when he watched this.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I agree with the consensus. This was far from Rock's best material. Unlike the leftists, though, we seem to have no problem with his remarks which do not paint most of the members here in a good light. The leftists lose their minds when this happens to them. The people on the right and the center simply don't laugh. That's a tremendous difference. One of the Twitter users was saying they think Rock should be publicly slapped for what he said in his standup. Well, he's already been through that and anyone who thinks Rock should be assaulted for anything he's said while on stage is a weakling. And the ridiculous stuff from a supposed "reporter" who seems to be so inarticulate, the only way he found to express himself was to say something silly- that he turned his TV "all the way off."

I don't agree with some of what Rock said- things like white men are worried they are losing the country- this part is true, but I disagree with his contention that it's not happening, especially since his example was weak and incorrect. He said we're upset because there are no more white couples in commercials, but that there are no more black couples, ether, and that is simply not true. There are not only black couples, but entire families who are black, and the "mixed race" stuff he cited also shows white men being pushed out. But, all of this is the least of it, anyway. It is in the real world that whites are being marginalized and persecuted, and I think Chris Rock knows this.

Well, take a look at the paragraph above. I've simply stated that I don't agree with much of what he said, including his remarks about and his reasoning for being "pro-choice" and yet, I've not called for Rock to be assaulted or cancelled or condemned in any way, whereas the leftists are foaming at the mouth and want his head. Therein lies the difference and frankly, I'm glad that the leftists are weak enough and foolish enough to keep calling for blood when anyone dares to oppose their dogma.

Regarding his remarks about Will Smith and his whore of a wife- well, as the saying goes, revenge is a dish best served cold, and I agree with this, wholeheartedly. Clearly, Rock's material in that standup was built around the slap incident. It's what everyone in the audience and who tuned into NetFlix wanted to hear, and yes, Rock was clearly angry and this made his remarks about the Smiths and the incident mostly not funny, though not entirely so. He called Smith a bitch more than a dozen times, clearly angry. He should have spent more time on Smith's no-talent, brazen slut of a wife, who cuckolded Smith publicly. She sat down in front of cameras with her husband and interviewed him about her infidelity. A psychologist could tell you why she did this, and I think even I know the reason why, but the reason doesn't matter. The fact that this little trollop screwed a friend of her son and then interviewed Will Smith to get his remarks about what she did, shows what she is made of, and there's nothing nice in it, not one single thing. Will Smith should have dumped her as soon as he found out what she did. Oh, yes, it's California. It would have cost him millions upon millions of dollars, and afterwards, he would still have millions upon millions of dollars, with the added bonus of retaining his pride, his self-respect, and his manhood, all of which are now the property of his cheating, shameless wife.

As to any repercussions from his remarks about the Smiths- well truth is an absolute defense against libel and slander. Besides, what's Will Smith going to do to Chris Rock? Hit him?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fuck your Twatter! Now I need to sign up so I can see it. I’ll give them my money for one month only. Will watch tonight. So violence is OK when someone says something you don’t agree with? Hypocrites. They say words are violence then want to exact violence on someone who says words they don’t agree with. GTFO of America then. Free speech. Don’t like it? Move.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, unless they've changed things, NetFlix allows you a free 30 day trial.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:

Agree. That part was very personal and he was definitely angry. Can't blame him.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have no quarrel with what he said and even agree with a lot of it. However, he used way too much profanity for me. The bleeping was almost constant in parts of it. I don't think profanity is necessary to get a point across and never use any, myself.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
The bleeping was almost constant in parts of it. I don't think profanity is necessary to get a point across and never use any, myself.
What bleeping was that? I watched the whole fucking thing and not one word was "bleeped". Do you have a NetFlix account? It sounds as if you don't.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, he used way too much profanity for me.
That's Chris Rock *shrug*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The bleeping was almost constant in parts of it. I don't think profanity is necessary to get a point across and never use any, myself.
What bleeping was that? I watched the whole fucking thing and not one word was "bleeped". Do you have a NetFlix account? It sounds as if you don't.
I don't. I only saw segments on the news. That was more than enough for me.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, you don't like the bleeping of profanity and you don't like the profanity. Just what did you expect to hear in a Chris Rock standup routine? It ain't Barney & Friends.

I'm curious- what fits your definition of "funny"? Naturally, comedy can be profanity-free and I'm curious what, if anything, you find funny.

I see from your profile that you spent 20 years in the Air Force. How did that work out for you, profanity-wise?

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, you don't like the bleeping of profanity and you don't like the profanity. Just what did you expect to hear in a Chris Rock standup routine? It ain't Barney & Friends.

I'm curious- what fits your definition of "funny"? Naturally, comedy can be profanity-free and I'm curious what, if anything, you find funny.

I see from your profile that you spent 20 years in the Air Force. How did that work out for you, profanity-wise?
I didn't expect anything because I was not familiar with him and his comedy. My USAF experience was OK -- back in 1960-1980 folks didn't use as much profanity, and I was an officer -- my troops were asked to not use it in my presence, and they complied. We had a good working relationship, too -- they respected my wishes and curbed their language.

flashguy

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch it except for what was in the news. I haven't seen discussed a part I saw and liked.

It's about Lulumon. I didn't even know what their thing was because apparently, they sell yoga pants. The line was something like "don't lecture me about inclusivity when you're selling $200 yoga pants. I don't need your yoga pants politics. People will pay $20 for racist yoga pants."

So much truth in that.$200 yoga pants is about as opposite to inclusivity as you can get. The punch line should wake people up too. "People will pay $20 for racist yoga pants."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I laughed at some of it. I've always liked watching Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle stand-up. I've been watching a lot of Bill Burr and Jim Jeffries as well. My favorite is probably Burr.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post