SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When did you do basic?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did you do basic? Login/Join 
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Oct-Dec 92. RTC San Diego, Company 004. Last out there for training at the Fleet Asw base around 2010. All that was left of RTC was the USS Recruit. The rest had been privatized and was mostly condos and a shopping center.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parris Island, 16 Mar to 6 June, 1982.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ft Hood, TX, 2nd Armored Div, 17th Engineer Bn - 1959 - 1960
Ft Carson, Colorado; 9th Military Intelligence Detachment, and later 113th CIC Group with dy son
at Ft Carson

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Sep 1998 Lackland AFB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
Marine Corps Recruit Depot - San Diego

First Recruit Training Battalion

May 1983

Hollywood Marine… lol

We were the last to wear sateen covers. We had camouflaged uniforms with the sateen covers (hats). They were floppy until 3rd phase. Then we were allowed to starch them and also blouse our trousers. After that I it was all camouflage.

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3053 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ft. Leonard Wood
March - May 1986

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I did my basic at Ft. Knox in 1955. 3rd Armored Division. Entire division shipped to Germany in the spring of 1956. I enlisted specifically to go to Germany without knowing exactly why until I met the woman who has been my wife since 1958.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
MCRD San Diego, May 1999. plt 1069 Charlie Co. 1st bn.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4619 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ft Sill OK Jan 1985

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
United States Navy. Boot camp was in Great Lakes Illinois January 1969. I was lucky as I ended up in the drum and bugle corp.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
May 1977, Lackland AFB, San Antonio TX.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Fort Sill, June-Sep 1982

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2210 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post