SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When did you do basic?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did you do basic? Login/Join 
posted
I was curious if anyone did their basic training with my father. He did his at Fort Polk Louisiana. 9 May 66 to 2 July 66
2nd Battalion Company C.
Thank you for serving vets!

Posts: 950 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Not with him, but I was there the following year; 9 Jan to mid-Mar'67.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
2 September, 1986. Ft Jackson, SC.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Parris Island, SC
Sep 23 1979
1st Recruit Battalion, MCRD
Platoon 1081
Graduated 17 Dec 1979

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Fort Polk, La August 1968... A-1-1...."Spizzerinctum"....."Energy Ambition And the Will To Succeed" .. Located at the far south end of the post less than 200 yards from the post boundry fence.............. drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
close. Ft Poke, June 10 to Aug 10, 1966.

aug

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
25 OCT 95 - 16 DEC 95 Lackland AFB.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
feb-april 2000
san diego

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1976 at Ft. Jackson S.C.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Feb - Apr 1979, Lackland AFB

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Bainbridge MD, arrived May 1956

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Ft Leonard Wood, MO, one week after H.S. graduation, June 1981. I’ll admit, it was a pivotal juncture in my life.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ft Campbell, KY - Jan 2 thru Mar ? 1967

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, never at Fort Polk. Fort Gordon last of February to last of April, 1965.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Parris Island, SC- Sept 1966.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Did basic at Ft. Knox in 1955. Enlisted in the 3rd Armored Division which was being reactivated for a tour in Germany. I was 17. I spent 11 years in the army, 9+ of those years in Germany. Met the only girl I ever dated there. Been married for 65+ years.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Sep 87 at FT. Jackson. Last cycle through Tank Hill barracks

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Ft. Bliss, TX, Oct-Dec 1986.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Much like Sourdough44, only I was in Ft. Leonard Wood two days after high school graduation 1961.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
October 1985 Ft. Jackson SC. Drill Sgt. Garcia. Then to Ft. Gordon (Brems barracks) for AIT.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post