SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When did you do basic?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did you do basic? Login/Join 
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Great Lakes. 9/68-11/68

Oh and forgot, we was the last set Companies to house in the Wooden Barracks.

The Concrete building were already built ready for first company after us.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeaCliff,

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Our barracks

Same barracks 10 years earlier. 2nd Battalion D Co 2063.

I remember looking out from the second deck of an evening and watching the sun set over the memorial. I guess that would have been second phase that I was on second deck? I remember throwing mattresses off the top deck, running down, and running it back upstairs in first phase.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ft polk, july 1969.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
NTC San Diego, Aug 1977

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ft. Leonard Wood, July 2022-sept 2022. 1-48INBF. I did basic at the ripe age to 35 for the national guard. Nothing like being the only guy who has 2 kids, wife, regular job, and a house kicking it with kids heading to college or licking their mothers milk off their lips. I had to teach the fuzzies (privates) how to write checks and address envelopes as an E-4. I took top shot of the company on the m4 and got a letter of commendation from the LTC for outstanding marksmanship. Most of them hadn’t touched a rifle before. I was older than the drill sergeants and the captain.

Posts: 36 | Location: S. Oregon | Registered: December 23, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Our barracks

Same barracks 10 years earlier. 2nd Battalion D Co 2063.

I remember looking out from the second deck of an evening and watching the sun set over the memorial. I guess that would have been second phase that I was on second deck? I remember throwing mattresses off the top deck, running down, and running it back upstairs in first phase.

They’d done away with phases when I went and implemented the crucible. I was on the first deck the entire time I was there. But yeah, we were right across from the memorial. It was a beautiful sight to see sometimes.

My GF at the time, who I later married and is now my ex and the mother of my kids, was there for my graduation. We were recently talking to our kids and she was telling them all about PI and the sights she saw while visiting, which was hilarious because I spent 3 months there and she spent three days yet she knows more about the base than I do.

I feel like a bad Marine not remembering my platoon number. I want to say it was 2040 or 2041, but I might be way off. I need to go to my storage locker and dig out my platoon picture.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
NTC San Diego 1959

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NTC San Diego company zero 36 in’82.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Ft Leonard Wood Jan 1969 "Little Korea" Cold and Miserable.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Ft. Leonard Wood during the summer of 1983.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D_Steve:
US Army
March 15,1971-May 23,1971
FT. Knox, KY
Delta 13-4
Drill Sgt. Cash

I was Delta 13-4 too, but in 1985

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lackland AFB Aug 62. It was very hot!

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
No sir. August-December 1985 Ft Benning Basic and Infantry OSUT at Harmony Church then straight over to Airborne school.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Aug-Sept 1978 @ Lackland

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Fort Polk LA Jan ‘71 A-4-2

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
RTC San Diego, July-August 1983

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Marine Corps Recruit Depot - San Diego

First Recruit Training Battalion

May 1983

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Lakes. 9/76 - 10/77. Boot Camp, A school, C school. Gunners Mate. Cold. Did I say it was COLD? No? IT WAS FRICKEN COLD!!! Classes in the great green cube.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
Parris Island, SC
May 1980
2nd Recruit Battalion, MCRD
Platoon 2037

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3053 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My father was Ft Polk, Jul-Dec 1968 A-3-1

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post