SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Trump boarding AF 1 for first time

Even though I was never in the military I really appreciate seeing President Trump returning the salutes given him.

He clearly understands it is a courtesy with thousands of years of important meaning for both parties.

And in the same light, I was in the military, and I almost up-chucked when I saw pics of Obama returning salutes. IIRC, a few years ago the two Bush's were at a college football game in TX, did a ring around the track, and they initiated the salutes to the military in uniform there.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump Wants 20 Percent Tax to Pay for Border Wall

http://www.newsmax.com/Headlin...017/01/26/id/770625/

President Donald Trump wants to pay for his proposed southern border wall by slapping a 20 percent tax on imports from Mexico.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer says Trump has discussed the idea with congressional leaders and wants to include the measure in a comprehensive tax reform package.

Spicer spoke to reporters on Air Force One as Trump flew back from a Republican retreat in Philadelphia. He says that taxing imports from Mexico would generate $10 billion a year and "easily pay for the wall."

Spicer says discussions are continuing with lawmakers to make sure the plan is "done right." But he says it "clearly provides funding" for the wall.

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This man is a steam roller!

Trump Calls for Weekly List of Crimes by Undocumented Immigrants

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfro...017/01/26/id/770596/

President Donald Trump included in the executive orders he signed Tuesday a call for the Department of Homeland Security to create and publish a list of crimes committed by undocumented immigrants, The Hill reports.

According to the order, the secretary of Homeland Security "shall utilize the Declined Detainer Outcome Report or its equivalent and, on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens."

Trump's intention is "to better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions."

Human Rights Watch called the idea a sign of Trump's "xenophobia," and said it is "shocking in the extreme."

"This is completely consistent with Trump's xenophobic demonizing of immigrants throughout the campaign, of course, but the idea of a public list like this — a kind of weekly hate list — is still shocking in the extreme," Andrew Stroehlein, who directs HRW's European media, told The Independent.

"The measures this administration has announced against immigrants in its first few days will devastate families — including US citizen families, naturally — and terrorize communities across the country."

Trump frequently drew criticism for his remarks on undocumented immigrants while on the campaign trail.

"They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists and some I assume are good people," he said in June 2015 about illegal immigrants from Mexico when he officially announced his campaign.

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The "first" wall, will be an invisble wall the slows the flow of money and jobs in a southerly direction.

Call this plan, "Afta NAFTA."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44442 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump Has EPA Employees ‘Coming To Work In Tears’

I thought they regulated all water from heaven?

Posts: 11594 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The "first" wall, will be an invisble wall the slows the flow of money and jobs in a southerly direction.

Call this plan, "Afta NAFTA."

That's a nifta planifta.

Posts: 11594 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Trump Wants 20 Percent Tax to Pay for Border Wall

http://www.newsmax.com/Headlin...017/01/26/id/770625/

President Donald Trump wants to pay for his proposed southern border wall by slapping a 20 percent tax on imports from Mexico.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer says Trump has discussed the idea with congressional leaders and wants to include the measure in a comprehensive tax reform package.

Spicer spoke to reporters on Air Force One as Trump flew back from a Republican retreat in Philadelphia. He says that taxing imports from Mexico would generate $10 billion a year and "easily pay for the wall."

Spicer says discussions are continuing with lawmakers to make sure the plan is "done right." But he says it "clearly provides funding" for the wall.

Will the wall construction contracts be awarded to the lowest bidders? Or will the labor unions try to play their muscle games? If the latter, it will take 30 years and $120 Billion to get the job done (ala the CA high speed rail). Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) employees are reportedly arriving at work in tears because of President Donald Trump.

EPA employees best be updating their resumes.

They can mow lawns after we get rid of the illegals, that'll keep them green.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about the wall today and I had an idea of how to raise money for it.

My idea is to sell bricks for the wall with your name on it for say $10 each. I know I would be game to fund a few bricks Razz

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I wonder what this is about?

WASHINGTON – The chief of the Border Patrol has left the agency that's in charge of securing America's borders with Mexico and Canada.

According to a U.S. official and a former official, Border Patrol agents have been told that Mark Morgan is no longer on the job. It's not immediately clear whether Morgan resigned or was asked to leave.

The U.S. official wasn't authorized to discuss the move before a public announcement and spoke on condition of anonymity. The former official asked not to be identified before a government announcement.

Morgan's departure comes a day after President Donald Trump announced plans to build a wall at the Mexican border and hire 5,000 Border Patrol agents.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...er-fence-decree.html

--START OF ARTICLE
Border Patrol chief resigns after clashing with powerful union

By Jerry Markon, Lisa Rein and Wesley Lowery
The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.19fba5128892

The chief of the U.S. Border Patrol has resigned after only six months on the job, one day after President Trump announced plans to ratchet up immigration enforcement and build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, officials said Thursday.

It was not immediately clear why Mark Morgan — a career FBI official who was the first outsider to lead the agency responsible for securing the U.S. borders — left the agency. His resignation is effective Jan. 31, officials said.

But Morgan had clashed with the powerful Border Patrol union, which endorsed Trump for president and whose leaders were present at Trump’s announcement of his immigration crackdown at Department of Homeland Security headquarters Wednesday.

Gil Kerlikowske, former commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which oversees the Border Patrol, said in an interview that the union never supported Morgan for the job and appeared to be behind his departure.

“The union has been very vocal about someone from outside of the Border Patrol becoming the head of the Border Patrol,” Kerlikowske said. “The union supported this candidate for president, and now very much appears to be directing things — which is absolutely unheard of in law enforcement. The union used their influence to have him removed.’’

A few weeks after Trump’s election, the conservative website Bretibart.com published an op-ed by the executive board of the National Border Patrol Council, which represents 16,500 agents. The piece was titled, “The chief Obama gave us is a disgrace.” It criticized Morgan’s leadership of the agency, in part latching onto a statement he made to members of Congress that said he supported “comprehensive immigration reform.” The union called this a partisan view.

Morgan could not immediately be reached for comment.

Union spokesman Shaun Moran said he was under orders not to discuss the union’s role in Morgan’s departure.

But responding to Kerlikowske’s comments, Moran said: “We supported President Trump because he was the only candidate who talked about taking action on border security. His actions over the past few days show it was not just campaign rhetoric, but a true conviction to protect Americans from the dangers of illegal immigration.”

He accused Kerlikowske of rolling back enforcement operations and “preventing agents from doing their jobs.”

“Gil Kerlikowske had multiple opportunities to work with the union to help protect Americans. He chose not to do so.”

Kevin K. McAleenan, acting commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, praised Morgan “for his unwavering dedication to our border security mission” and “his lifelong career in service to the nation.’’ His statement did not explain Morgan’s departure.

The Border Patrol will have an important role in enforcing Trump’s crackdown on the nation’s estimated 11 million illegal immigrants. The president on Wednesday signed executive actions to order the construction of his controversial southwest border wall and cut off funds to cities that do not report undocumented immigrants to federal authorities. Trump also called for thousands of additional Border Patrol agents. There are now about 21,000.

Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, was standing behind Trump as the president signed Wednesday’s executive order on border security. Morgan was not. And in his speech to DHS employees, Trump called on Judd to stand and be recognized.

Morgan, 52, started his career as a Los Angeles police officer before ascending the ranks of the FBI. Kerlikowske chose him for the Border Patrol job, overlooking others who came up through the ranks, to change what is considered, even by law enforcement standards, to be an insular culture. Many agents, including the Border Patrol union, opposed the selection at the time, saying an outsider could never gain agents’ trust.

Morgan told The Washington Post in an interview last September that his first priority was to change the culture of the agency, which had for years faced allegations of an overly confrontational approach in its enforcement that resulted in multiple fatal shootings of illegal immigrants and a lack of accountability in investigating misconduct.

Morgan said he wanted to solve those problems. “ It was a culture of not getting out and talking about the issues, not being transparent about the process and it drove the perception there was a culture problem,” he told The Post.

Two years ago, Kerlikowske had brought Morgan over from the FBI to run the internal affairs office at the larger Customs and Border Protection agency after removing the longtime official in the job. That official had been criticized for failing to investigate multiple allegations that Border Patrol agents had used excessive force on migrants. Morgan was then promoted to run the Border Patrol in July.

During his short tenure, Morgan enforced new use-of-force policies in the agency’s training academy curriculum that encouraged recruits to turn to other strategies to defuse encounters that could get violent. He was working with agents to help them develop better intelligence on drug cartels and smugglers behind illegal border crossings, and was also seeking to create a system to better review cases in which agents fire their weapons.

Law enforcement officials describe Morgan — who was a career, not political appointee — as a careerist, as opposed to being a political partisan.

“He’s not a political guy,” said Jim Pasco, executive director the nation Fraternal Order of Police. “I’ve never heard a bad thing about him — and I work for a union, we hear bad things about everyone.”
--END OF ARTICLE

I really like the comment about the prior top guy not choosing to work with the union. I thought it was his job to enforce the policies based on the law.

Posts: 2812 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good! Maybe you're not as stupid as you look, because you can see that the gravy train is about to boot your ass. GTFO ASAP. The EPA has screwed with Americans for far too long and it needs to disappear.

Corn Field, bitches!!

Posts: 109011 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...york-times-no-power/

Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s chief White House strategist, laced into the American press during an interview on Wednesday evening, arguing that news organizations had been “humiliated” by an election outcome few anticipated, and repeatedly describing the media as “the opposition party” of the current administration.

“The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for awhile,” Mr. Bannon said during a telephone call.

“I want you to quote this,” Mr. Bannon added. “ The media here is the opposition party . They don’t understand this country. They still do not understand why Donald Trump is the president of the United States.”

“The elite media got it dead wrong, 100 percent dead wrong,” Mr. Bannon said of the election, calling it “a humiliating defeat that they will never wash away, that will always be there.”

“The mainstream media has not fired or terminated anyone associated with following our campaign,” Mr. Bannon said. “Look at the Twitter feeds of those people: they were outright activists of the Clinton campaign.” (He did not name specific reporters or editors.)

“That’s why you have no power,” Mr. Bannon added. “You were humiliated.”

adding more from

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...news-media.html?_r=0

Bannon is one of the strongest forces in a White House with competing power centers. A savvy manipulator of the press, and a proud provocateur, Mr. Bannon was among the few advisers in Mr. Trump’s circle who was said to have urged on Mr. Spicer’s confrontational, emotional statement to a shocked White House briefing room on Saturday, when the White House disputed press reports on the inauguration crowd size. He mostly shares Mr. Trump’s view that the news media has misunderstood the movement that the president rode into office.

On the telephone, Mr. Bannon spoke in blunt but calm tones, peppered with a dose of profanities, and humorously referred to himself at one point as “Darth Vader.” He said, with ironic relish, that Mr. Trump was elected by a surge of support from “the working class hobbits and deplorables.”

The conversation was initiated by Mr. Bannon to offer praise for Mr. Spicer, who has been criticized this week for making false claims at the White House podium about the attendance of Mr. Trump’s inaugural crowd, for calling reporters dishonest and lecturing them about what stories to write and for failing to disavow Mr. Trump’s lie about widespread voter fraud in the election.

Asked if he was concerned that Mr. Spicer had lost credibility with the news media, Mr. Bannon chortled. “Are you kidding me?” he said. “We think that’s a badge of honor. ‘Questioning his integrity’ — are you kidding me? The media has zero integrity, zero intelligence, and no hard work .”

“You’re the opposition party,” Mr. Bannon said. “Not the Democratic Party. You’re the opposition party. The media’s the opposition party.”

Mr. Bannon mostly referred to the “elite” or “mainstream” media, but he cited The New York Times and The Washington Post by name.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can we just pause for a moment in this thread to remind ourselves this is actually happening? Big Grin

In the immortal words of Rachel Maddow, Esta es tu vida ahora.

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I just pinched myself to make sure I wasn't in a wonderful, glorious dream Smile

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Can we just pause for a moment in this thread to remind ourselves this is actually happening? Big Grin

In the immortal words of Rachel Maddow, Esta es tu vida ahora.

It just feels so good doesn't it?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
These last 6 days have been the best ever, even better than the invention of sliced bread.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I happen to enjoy a good sammich from time to time.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And next week he'll make his Supreme Court pick.

Lord have mercy! (Screamed the liberals)

Cool

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30880 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
It like being a child waking up to Christmas morning everyday! Can't wait to see what's next.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Report This Post