SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Is "Utter Despair" a new Federal penitentiary? Big Grin

It's the solitary confinement section at Gitmo.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:

Clinton says her defeat isn't her fault as she claims . . . . 'forces in this country' were out to defeat her.

I know quite a few of those. Today, I wished many of them "Happy Covfefe." Wink

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

. . . . 'forces in this country' were out to defeat her.

Oh, yes we were!

до свидания, Cука!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:

Clinton says her defeat isn't her fault as she claims . . . . 'forces in this country' were out to defeat her.

I know quite a few of those. Today, I wished many of them "Happy Covfefe." Wink

How do you pronounce that?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
According to my underbridged version of the Monk and Wagnal.

Co-fef ay (accent on second syllable )

It's a noun, adjective and verb, at the minimum.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's about the way we say it. . . . kinda' emphasize the "hefe" sound while first running the v and f together. It's something about a boss.

Monkey has the v silent but I'm using the Stunk and Quibbler. Wink

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"SAFE"
"SEMI"
"COVFEFE"

We need it on an AR Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"SAFE"
"SEMI"
"COVFEFE"

Excellent!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I'm in for one.

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"SAFE"
"SEMI"
"COVFEFE"

I had already been thinking..."I wonder how long it will be before someone engraves COVFEFE on their firearm?" but the idea of a COVFEFE switch is just Big Grin.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How long are we going to talk about a typo?

Anyone who subscribes to my posts must be appalled at my typing skills. Just about every post I put up in this forum, I bang out with typos/misspellings, and then I go back after it's posted and edit out the mistakes.

Mind you, that's just about every post I put up in this forum, including this one.

So, can we get past this, please?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Hillary, as a person and a candidate, has died a "death of 1000 cuts", virtually all of which were self inflicted, not 1000 of anything else. Nothing more, nothing less.

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Para, I don't think most references here to Trump's new word were meant in a derogatory way towards him, more so in a way that even with a simple typo he can control the ongoing media and conversational narrative with a "word" that can mean anything to anyone. Understood that you don't want it overwhelming this thread though.

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
Hillary, as a person and a candidate, has died a "death of 1000 cuts", virtually all of which were self inflicted, not 1000 of anything else. Nothing more, nothing less.

More like death of 33,000 cuts.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is why Trump's win was an absolute shocker to the Left and especially Hillary.

The subscribe to the George Costanza method of perception. They do not mind lying nor being lied to. It is so integral to their mindset, they can no longer distinguish between real and false. The problem with false is.....well, it's not real. So Leftists will always eventually be disappointed. Now we see Hillary lying to us and herself again about why she lost. At this point, what difference does it make? Mr Trump is president because he was a more appealing candidate than the wretch across the nation. Retrospectively I see he was the only candidate of the many who could beat her deep state machine. I believe we saw the hand of God intervene on behalf of liberty. I know the DF family were praying for help.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How long are we going to talk about a typo?

Anyone who subscribes to my posts must be appalled at my typing skills. Just about every post I put up in this forum, I bang out with typos/misspellings, and then I go back after it's posted and edit out the mistakes.

Mind you, that's just about every post I put up in this forum, including this one.

So, can we get past this, please?

Wait, you mean someone can "subscribe" to someone's posts? Like automatically receive every one of them?

Dear God! It takes anywhere from 2 to nearly a dozen edits to get most of mine presentable, anywhere from silly typos, "autocorrects" and occasional gibberish.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This story from Fox introduces a new twist in the "unmasking" drama.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-intel-agencies.html

the House Intelligence Committee sent subpoenas to the FBI, CIA, and NSA explicitly referenced “unmasking” – a signal that the House panel is intensifying its investigation into allegations that Obama-era aides improperly demanded the “unmasking” of names of associates of President Trump that had appeared, in coded form, in classified intelligence reports, then leaked the data to news media organizations.

each of the three demands for documents explicitly naming three top officials of the Obama administration: Susan Rice, who served as President Obama’s White House national security adviser; former CIA Director John Brennan; and former U.N. ambassador Samantha Power.

The inclusion of Power’s name on the subpoenas marks the first appearance of the former U.N. ambassador in the controversy surrounding the Obama administration’s use of unmasking. Capitol Hill sources told Fox News they are devoting increasing scrutiny to Power – a former historian and winner of the Pulitzer Prize who worked as a foreign policy adviser in the Senate office of Barack Obama before joining his administration – because they have come to see her role in the unmasking as larger than previously known, and eclipsing those of the other former officials named .

adding: a Fox interview brought this up. Trey Gowdy had previously asked John Brennan if any U.S. ambassadors had ever asked to have names unmasked. Brennan said it may ring a vague bell, but he couldn't remember.

video here:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...ng-brennan-unmasking

about 2 minutes in

that seemed like an odd question at the time. But now we know Samantha Power (former ambassador to the U.N.) is being questioned about the unmasking

I bet Gowdy already knew the answer to his question.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

posted Hide Post
"Covfefe"
Noun
kəvˈfe fah/
From the Slovenian word "covfefe", meaning "laughably false information"; "a farcical story"

News or information that is not true or genuine; counterfeit.
"fake news"
synonyms: lies, propaganda, fraud, hoax, imitation.
a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham.
"the painting was a covfefe"
"After all of CNN's covfefe, we had to laugh."

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

adding: a Fox interview brought this up. Trey Gowdy had previously asked John Brennan if any U.S. ambassadors had ever asked to have names unmasked. Brennan said it may ring a vague bell, but he couldn't remember.

video here:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...ng-brennan-unmasking

about 2 minutes in

that seemed like an odd question at the time. But now we know Samantha Power (former ambassador to the U.N.) is being questioned about the unmasking

I bet Gowdy already knew the answer to his question.

I bet Brennan already knew the answer, too, but appeared to suffer the rapid onset of a senior moment trying to figure how to answer without revealing anything or perjurying himself.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's "Adios, Paris!" Smile

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post