SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
justjoe,
I just posted that to the Hillary thread.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's astonishing. It would be unbelievable had we not seen Comey rattle off a list of Hillary's crimes and then not recommend prosecution. This is banana republic kind of shit, where who committed the crime is the most relevant question regarding the application of law.

When the law is in such tatters, the very existence of the republic is up for grabs.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing a builder is running things right now.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

This. Wink

Posts: 2589 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The guy who hit a Trump supporter with a bicycle lock has been charged:
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/...rter-with-bike-lock/

Is it true that 4Chan members did the forensic work and identified the guy responsible?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed lunch today and didn't mind it a bit either because I was doing crowd control for President Trump visit to Corpus Christi. He was stopping at the Annaville Volunteer Fire Station in my AO to talk to the fire fighters who went out for a house fire while Harvey was blowing and going at it's worst and all the other fire stations were in shelter in place mode.

Texans love their President and a couple of thousand people showed up to show their support so I was pulled off my beat assignments to assist with the crowds which were lining the streets near this station. Lots of Trump signs, American flags , and Maga hats. Everyone was excited to be there. Just a lot of folks having a good time. Plenty of children were out and about as well. It was nice being out of my Unit talking to the folks.

Just as he was about to depart the area 7 or 8 anti-facists faggorts showed up with their signs to protest him being here. They were quickly surrounded by the crowd and shouted down. They didn't get their sorry asses beat down only because the PD stepped in before they got beat on. . They did get their two minutes of fame as the local TV crew interviewed them. It is the first time that I have seen any of them in my AO and I was not impressed.

It was damn cool to see the Presidential motorcade arriving and departing while listening to all the radio traffic on the Tac channel as they organizized the routes in and out. There was a ton of support vehicles. It was huge.
Yes - I fired off a salute as he passed by.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sometimes you have to knock things down before you can build something new. Hillary needs to be knocked the fuck down because she is still a part of the resistance to building new.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Shining cities on hills are not around for long with Democrats in charge.
All one has to do is look around and see that.
It's not hard.

The best the media can do right now is complain about Melania's shoes?

Update:
Melania crushes haters by wearing sneakers.
Like they never thought about the fact she's change them on the plane?
Have they ever heard of luggage?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ing-adidas-sneakers/

North Korea is flying missiles over Japan, we are losing free speech in this country and Houston is under water.
But those heels Melania was wearing before she left DC. Roll Eyes

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

Sometimes you have to knock things down before you can build something new. Hillary needs to be knocked the fuck down because she is still a part of the resistance to building new.

Yup.

But not just Hillary. It's the whole GDC machine, and the GOPe, too.

And, thank God, they're doing their part, overplaying their hand, and royally pissing off middle America with their bullshit. The MSM has lifted their skirt too high -- at this point only an idiot can have missed the fact that the MSM is nothing but the GDC's propaganda arm.

Here's some pertinent commentary from Instapundit on how the left's guerrilla arm, Antifa, is turning into the left's problem: LINK

quote:
AUGUST 29, 2017

ENJOY YOUR ANTIFA PROTESTS, BECAUSE IT’S GOING TO GET AWKWARD SOON.

quote:
You see, there are quite a number of Democratic senators in Congress who are up for re-election next year. Our very own U.S. senator Bob Casey is considered vulnerable being located in a state that voted for President Trump. One of the most vulnerable Democratic senators in Congress is Missouri senator Claire McCaskill. Her state voted for Donald Trump by 57% to Hillary Clinton’s 38%. She has to desperately look as moderate as possible, her Republican attackers will put up ads “Clare’s people think every last one of you is a racist Nazi,” and pair photos of her in ballrooms with Nancy Pelosi set to dramatic music. See how this works?

This obviously has Democratic strategists in a pickle.

It’s very obvious what next year will be like. The worst footage from protest demonstrations will be put on display in campaign advertising and all the claims that Democratic pundits and authors have made claiming America is festooned with 64 million gas-chamber-murdering Nazis. Everyone who voted for Donald Trump is a Nazi. They’re all Nazis. Every fucking last one of them is a motherfucking Nazi.

There are few Republicans up for re-election in 2018 who are really vulnerable. Those 64 million Trump voters still have access to ballot machines and they can still vote. Calling every Trump voter a Nazi, as so many of you have done, is not going to be forgotten. That projection is going to come back to haunt people. It terrifies people who actually do politics as part of their career; namely pundits, campaign strategists and party officials. . . . You don’t need any more embarrassing YouTube video clips of AntiFa protestors chanting “NO USA AT ALL“.

I’ve noticed a sudden media pivot against Antifa in the last couple of days, which I assume means that someone has polled this stuff and it’s electoral poison for Democrats. Which should come as no surprise, unless you live in a Media Bubble.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In the first few minutes of the Game of Thrones season finale - or rather the previews immediately before it - there was an advertisement for a Documentary (maybe "Documentary" is more appropriate) about Charlotte, a very well produced preview, slick, Hollywood-esque, produced by VICE, with what seemed (in those few seconds) like a clear slant about the Nazi and other White Whatever groups, and my immediate thought was:

So this is what it's going to be like, leading up to the next/following elections, powerful yet mostly misleading imagery of actual white people most of whom look fairly normal recently doing and saying crazy shit, and it's easy to see how powerful those images and narratives are, in what may end up being some of the best (at least somewhat) pure propaganda that's probably ever been done (selling this narrative, and not just this, but also what's to come).

While the Democratic Party is all kinds of fucked up at the moment, and momentum and awareness and the actual Presidency are currently in our favor, there are still plenty of powerful opponents who are very capable and are working their asses off to derail us.

And to think, the President has to battle most of the damn Republicans in DC, too.

Esquire article about the documentary...

How on Earth do we battle and win our case in the court of public opinion / minds of voters? Not that I excuse them, but I bet there are hordes of younger folks who - especially when already leaning that direction - buy this broad and incorrect narrative hook/line/sinker.

Our side's media machine sucks, comparatively. We need to step up our game, somehow.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I will say it again, having my opinion reinforced by an article by Charles Kessler in the Claremont Review of Books:
The anti war protests elected Richard Nixon--twice.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Posted by 46and2:
"How on Earth do we battle and win our case in the court of public opinion / minds of voters? Not that I excuse them, but I bet there are hordes of younger folks who - especially when already leaning that direction - buy this broad and incorrect narrative hook/line/sinker.

Our side's media machine sucks, comparatively. We need to step up our game, somehow."

^^^ this bears repeating.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Liberals/Progressives are much better liars than Conservatives are truth-tellers.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
State Sen. Bob Dixon, R-Springfield. There always seems to be at least one...

Link

Senators may not have the votes to remove Chappelle-Nadal from office

Calls for state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal to resign her seat came from far and wide after the senator commented on Facebook hoping for President Donald Trump's assassination.

The Democrat from University City has refused.

So leading Senate Republicans have threatened to expel her from the chamber. But do they have the votes?

One Senate Republican says he won't go along with the plan.

State Sen. Bob Dixon, R-Springfield, wrote in a letter to Republican colleagues that he condemned Chappelle-Nadal's quickly deleted Facebook comment earlier this month, calling it "intemperate and embarrassing."

But Dixon would stop short of voting to expel her, the Kansas City Star reported Tuesday. He did say he supported censure of Chappelle-Nadal as well as removing her from committees.

“Some will say in refusing to support expulsion I have not gone far enough, a few will say in supporting censure, and denying committee participation, I have gone too far," he wrote, according to the Star. "After thoughtful consideration and deliberation each must do what is in his or her heart and make their best-considered decision. I wish you the best in that pursuit.”

Dixon told the Post-Dispatch he did send the letter, but would not share a copy, saying it was intended to be confidential.

"I stand by every word I said," he said.

GOP Sens. Paul Wieland of Imperial, Jeanie Riddle of Mokane, and Ryan Silvey of Kansas City confirmed they did receive a letter from Dixon, but also declined to share it.

The news from Dixon is important because Chappelle-Nadal's opponents will have to come up with 23 votes to expel her from the Senate. Republicans hold 23 seats with one future member, state Sen.-elect Sandy Crawford, R-Buffalo, waiting to be sworn in.

If all Democrats voted to keep Chappelle-Nadal — and if she could sway two Republicans to her defense — she would keep her seat until her term expires in 2019.

Riddle said she would not comment on whether she would vote to remove Chappelle-Nadal. Neither would Silvey, who said he spoke personally with Chappelle-Nadal.

"Right now that's between me and her," he said.

Wieland said he hopes Chappelle-Nadal resigns so the Senate doesn't have to take further action. If the Senate moves forward with expulsion proceedings, Wieland said senators would have to act as jurors. He said it would not make sense right now to weigh in.

"I'm going to wait and hear all the facts before I make a decision," he said.

Minority Floor Leader Sen. Gina Walsh, D-Bellefontaine Neighbors, already announced last week she would remove Chappelle-Nadal of her committee assignments.

Senate President Pro Tem Ron Richard, R-Joplin, and Majority Floor Leader Mike Kehoe, R-Jefferson City, have called for rare expulsion proceedings only if Chappelle-Nadal does not resign by the upcoming September veto session.

Lt. Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican, has said the expulsion process would take place during a special session of the Legislature.

Meanwhile, Chappelle-Nadal has tried to win over lawmakers who could hold her fate in their hands. In a news conference on Aug. 20, she apologized to Trump. On Sunday, she met with conservative donor Foster Friess to encourage civility in politics.

At the meeting, Chappelle-Nadal said she was calling each member of the Missouri Senate, asking for forgiveness.

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mental illness on display

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Our side's media machine sucks, comparatively. We need to step up our game, somehow.

Clearly 99% of everyone on our "side" is working a 9-5 and doesn't GAF about DC or anyone else. While our "side" is right about almost everything, we strive to achieve what the Declaration of Independence so eloquently spoke of and was summarized in a bumper sticker I saw recently: #FUCKOFF

Unfortunately for all humans, this means that our "side", the greatest champions of human liberty and independence, aren't plugged in, for the most part don't contribute to, and have no interest in a media machine.

This is why the Ben Shapiros and Milos get scrutinized so thoroughly. There are so few of them.

We'll get there one step at a time though.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Perhaps why Steve Bannon had gone back to Breitbart. To give more ammunition to Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Has the hurricane been blamed on Trump pulling us out of the Paris Wealth Transfer scheme yet?

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mental illness on display

^^ "Liberalism - Find a Cure" ..worthy of a chuckle!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Minority Floor Leader Sen. Gina Walsh, D-Bellefontaine Neighbors, already announced last week she would remove Chappelle-Nadal of her committee assignments.

It's now looking like that's all they will do.

quote:
Meanwhile, Chappelle-Nadal has tried to win over lawmakers who could hold her fate in their hands. Chappelle-Nadal said she was calling each member of the Missouri Senate, asking for forgiveness.

She seems to be having some success with this.

I'm hearing from Republican members who think it would open a can of worms. They might face similar calls for removal every time they say something that's not politically correct. They think it would give even more power to the media who don't give Republicans a positive or even a fair image.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post