SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm watching "Trumped: Inside the Greatest Political Upset of All Time" on Showtime right now. This is good stuff. I can't wipe the smile off of my face. I almost forgot all the stuff Trump did, said, and got away with during that campaign.

It's great hearing all the Democrats predicting his downfall. Haha, I hope they're watching this too.

And now they're showing the video of all the libs complaining that Trump won't accept the results of the election.

Like I said, good stuff.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30901 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Time to just stop all immigration until we can get this figured out in 8 or 9 months.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
why doesn't a republican judge step up to the plate and over-rule the democrat judges 'opinion'\

I don't think there are very many GOP judges. I read that Obama and Dingy Harry Reid packed the federal courts with their own people.

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One asshole ripping another asshole

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Heard and interview with Ann Coulter last night on the way home. She was flabbergasted at these judges that are just making up law. It was quite entertaining. I do not always agree with her but she has some really good things to say and even concluded that Trump may have to literally 'trump' the judicial branch in that all branches are equal and there is a precedent.

Seems like more and more are comparing him to Andrew Jackson.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Seems like more and more are comparing him to Andrew Jackson.

I noticed that one of the first things he did was put a large portrait of Jackson in the oval office.

I found it interesting at the time, but it seems apropos.

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Time to just stop all immigration until we can get this figured out in 8 or 9 months.

That's my thought: "Okay, motherfuckers, NOBODY gets in, until further notice, or until you stupid black robes unass your own heads".

Think about the uproar if ALL immigration was stopped.

I actually love the idea, and it seems like it would be a Trump idea.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:

That's my thought: "Okay, motherfuckers, NOBODY gets in, until further notice, or until you stupid black robes unass your own heads".

I wholeheartedly disagree on this one. You would be screwing a ton of Americans and good people. My father in law is coming to stay with us for 3 months starting 4/25. In that case, I would be screwed and his $2000 plane ticket wasted.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7150 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
quote:
quote:

I wholeheartedly disagree on this one. You would be screwing a ton of Americans and good people. My father in law is coming to stay with us for 3 months starting 4/25. In that case, I would be screwed and his $2000 plane ticket wasted.

Some people will have to be inconvenienced.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, liberal judges would be screwing the American people. The goal is to prevent terrorist from entering the US. The president has ordered not one, but two orders to accurately do this with minimal disruption. What is he supposed to do if every time he gives an order some liberal judge strikes it down before it even goes into effect?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, when Paul Ryan speaks these days, I make sure I don't hear a single word he says. I don't trust him, I don't like him, and I don't want to hear his bullshit. I know I am not alone in this respect.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Very Fake News: Juan Williams Slams CNN Report Claiming Sean Hannity ‘Pulled Gun’ on Him After ‘Argument’

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You can rest easy because it will never happen. President Trump will never ban ALL travel to the US because to do so would be monumentally stupid. He would be directly screwing Americans in that case. To propose such an idea is ridiculous. Some people will be inconvenienced? It goes way beyond inconvenience at that point.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30901 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...te-of-money-n2300105

Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney was asked about the elimination of funding for climate change research in President Trump's budget.

Mulvaney: "As to climate change, I think the President was fairly straightforward saying we’re not spending money on that anymore,"

"We consider that to be a waste of your money to go out and do that."

President Trump plans to cut at least 3000 positions from the Environmental Protection Agency, which the administration believes has grossly overstepped its regulatory authority in recent years.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...te-of-money-n2300105

Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney was asked about the elimination of funding for climate change research in President Trump's budget.

Mulvaney: "As to climate change, I think the President was fairly straightforward saying we’re not spending money on that anymore,"

"We consider that to be a waste of your money to go out and do that."

President Trump plans to cut at least 3000 positions from the Environmental Protection Agency, which the administration believes has grossly overstepped its regulatory authority in recent years.

I never thought I'd hear our leaders say that. My God, that's music to my ears. Almost daily I'm reminded how fortunate we are to have a Mr. President Trump.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:

Technically speaking, your father isn't looking to immigrate to the US.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

You should know that the EO bans ALL travel from the identified countries, not just "immigration." When someone says that President Trump should just make the EO apply to every country, that implies that anyone in the world who is not a citizen or legal resident or already a visa holder would be prohibited from traveling to the US. That is wholly outrageous and would incur with it some very severe unintended consequences.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

You should know that the EO bans ALL travel from the identified countries, not just "immigration." When someone says that President Trump should just make the EO apply to every country, that implies that anyone in the world who is not a citizen or legal resident or already a visa holder would be prohibited from traveling to the US. That is wholly outrageous and would incur with it some very severe unintended consequences.

I agree that it would have unintended consequences but I also think it would point out the stupidity of the left. Sure, we could continue doing what we've been doing for the past few years, allowing untold numbers come from god knows where into our country. Or we could put our foot down, much like our President has. He could use it as a tactic to strangle the economy and force ALL affected by a "NO IMMIGRATION" policy to start screaming at their representatives to co-operate with President Trump in order to lift said ban. It would take some massive balls on his part, but I am not entirely sure he doesn't have them. Why should we be beholden to the asshattery of these judges and the minority of people in this country who think that we should allow anyone from anywhere into our country, no questions asked?

Sure, it may well be a bad idea to stop any and all immigration into the US by outside folks, but I don't for one minute think that it is at all the worst idea by any president before Trump regarding immigration policy! I'd put the "open borders, come all who may" squarely at number 1 for that.

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post