SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.c1b6cedc6585

President Trump’s budget proposal this week would shake the federal government to its core if enacted, culling back numerous programs and expediting a historic contraction of the federal workforce.

good

Aides say that the president sees a new Washington emerging from the budget process, one that prioritizes the military and homeland security while slashing many other areas, including housing, foreign assistance, environmental programs, public broadcasting and research. Simply put, government would be smaller and less involved in regulating life in America, with private companies and states playing a much bigger role.

The federal government is projected to spend $4.091 trillion next year, with roughly two-thirds of that going mostly toward Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, poverty assistance and interest payments on the government debt. This spending is expected to be left untouched in the budget proposal next week.

Among Trump’s expected proposals are an increase in military spending of $54 billion, more money to start building a wall along the border between the United States and Mexico, and the creation of new initiatives that expand access to charter schools and other educational programs.

Although final numbers remain in flux, his advisers have considered cutting the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s budget by $6 billion, or 14 percent

Preliminary budget documents have also shown that Trump advisers have also looked at cutting the Environmental Protection Agency’s staff by about 20 percent and tightening the Commerce Department’s budget by about 18 percent, which would impact climate change research and weather satellite programs

There are roughly 2.8 million federal employees

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Preliminary budget documents have also shown that Trump advisers have also looked at cutting the Environmental Protection Agency’s staff by about 20 percent and tightening the Commerce Department’s budget by about 18 percent, which would impact climate change research and weather satellite programs
Oh Noes!

quote:
Is unemployment going to go up? Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump’s budget proposal this week would shake the federal government to its core if enacted, culling back numerous programs and expediting a historic contraction of the federal workforce.
And who do you think will be the loudest detractors, Dem's or the GOPe? My prediction...Both will be hand in hand fighting it.
quote:
Utterly and completely disgusting. That number needs to be cut in half (at least).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Snowflake Confront Sean Spicer in Apple Store

Quote:
The country I was born in, the country I was raised in, the country I love despite its flaws.”
Translation: I love this country, but to get rid of the flaws it needs to be more like my own country.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what a whore?

she doesn't even know enough to call him by his title for his job - she has to invent something to make sure that the word 'Trump' gets in there

he should have done a Buzz Aldrin on her and busted her face for being a twunt

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the idea that President Trump "has" to present evidence when he states that Obama wire-tapped the phones at Trump Tower. As if the word of our president isn't enough to go on.

Posts: 641 | Registered: September 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonyny:
Snowflake Confront Sean Spicer in Apple Store

Quote:
The country I was born in, the country I was raised in, the country I love despite its flaws.”
Translation: I love this country, but to get rid of the flaws it needs to be more like my own country.
Given the current state of this country and the number of crazies running rampant, I'm not real comfortable that Spicer was apparently by himself (i.e. unguarded).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
As if the word of our president isn't enough to go on.

Was Nixon's word good enough? How about the Bushes? Clinton's? Hadji's?

I have no problem with the request. You can trust him/them if you like, but I'll remain cautious.

Posts: 20567 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uhhh, is that sarcasm?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Spicer needs to tell reporters to just ask their colleagues at the NY Times about the wiretapping. They reported on it, they must have sources.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
The whole MCF over the executive orders regarding immigrants into the USA stinks to high heaven.

According to what the constitution says, the president has complete and autonomous power to do what he did on that first EO.

All these assholes who keep challenging the EOs need to go back to law school so they MAYBE understand what is written in the constitution and that US code provision. But that assumes they ever went to law school in the first place.

I guess I can understand Trump not telling them to piss off and ignore the court order, but it is tough. Yet another example of assholes telling the President what he can, and cannot, do.

Probably a good thing I am not president. I would issue orders to our border control forces and tell them that those mentioned in the EOs do not get in.

O

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Just something to keep in mind regarding this wire tapping crap: it isn't illegal for Germany to tap Trump tower. So Obama very likely could have had one of his globalist pals, say Merkel, do any wiretapping or hacking for him. Obama avoids all the legal issues and gets Hillary and Obama what they want.

Napolitano said on Fox that British GCHQ (spy's) are believed to be involved with Trump "wiretapping" while he was Mr. Trump.

Explains why Comey and his buddies are so confident in denying they had anything to do with it.

Maybe Trump was tipped off from some buddies in the U.K.!

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Some of the GCHQ speculation was triggered by:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/arti...y-surprise-zxhgl8k6g

24 Jan 2017

GCHQ chief’s resignation catches spies by surprise

Britain’s intelligence services suffered a blow yesterday with the surprise resignation of the head of GCHQ, the electronic eavesdropping centre, after two years in the job.

Robert Hannigan, who took charge in November 2014, stepped down for personal reasons which are understood to be linked to a serious family illness

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/...-for-united-nations/

White House Seeks to Cut Billions in Funding for United Nations

State Department staffers have been instructed to seek cuts in excess of 50 percent in U.S. funding for U.N. programs

The United States spends about $10 billion a year on the United Nations.

It remains unclear whether the full extent of the steeper U.N. cuts will be reflected in the 2018 budget, which will be prepared by the White House Office of Management and Budget, or whether, as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has proposed, the cuts would be phased in over the coming three years. One official close to the Trump administration said Tillerson has been given flexibility to decide how the cuts would be distributed.

Trump’s budget plans are encountering strong head wind in Congress, where Democratic and Republican leaders have voiced concerns about imposing steep cuts in the State Department budget. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the president’s budget is “probably not” going to be passed.

somebody needs to explain "America First" to McConnell

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Was Nixon's word good enough? How about the Bushes? Clinton's? Hadji's?

I have no problem with the request. You can trust him/them if you like, but I'll remain cautious.

Agreed. Trump has made a most serious charge. It is reasonable to expect his office to provide some level of substantiation.

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Personally I don't care if its true or not. I really don't. If it was, would anything be done about it? Nope. Would people be held accountabl? Nope. Just another story that would fizzle and be burried by both sides.

Nothing happend with the IRS. Nothing happened with Fast and Furious. Nothing happened with Hillary. And nothing would happen with this, true or not.

Quit wasting time with this and keep pushing the agenda. Contine firing Obama loyalists and continue dismantling his regime.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments by the Afghan Ambassador to the U.S. about the Pres:

quote:
"I've personally met with President Trump at Mar-a-Lago and the president has had two phone conversations with President Ghani [The president of Afghanistan]. One call was after he won the election and one after [Trump] became president. Before the calls, we were advised to keep conversations short because, we were told, Trump will not be interested in the details of the call and does not have a long attention span, so it would be pointless to have a long call.

However, we were pleasantly surprised at how much time President Trump spent asking very informed questions. The first time the presidents spoke, the questions Trump asked impressed us. “How can you win in this fight [against terrorism]?” he asked. “What do you need to become financially independent?” and “How can American business invest in Afghanistan? How can we develop businesses and mining in your country?”

Trump would listen intently after each question, often asking follow-ups. Trump's second call with our president was even longer than the first. Asking these types of questions for our country is something the Obama administration never did. The Obama administration was the most academic administration we have ever had to deal with but the Trump administration has been the most thoughtful and intelligent.

Trump continually asked “How can you win? What does Afghanistan need to win?” in reference to our fight with terrorism. Trump wants to win. Sincerely. All the Obama administration wanted to do was not lose.

The Obama administration was hesitant with us. The enemy could sense that. When the Obama administration announced its plans to pull troops out of the region, they announced the exact date they would do it. All our enemies had to do was wait [Obama] out. They knew the date they had to hang on until — which gave them the will to fight. They used that time to recruit and build up resources.

To bring real reform, we must be able to defeat enemies outside our country and inside. We must overthrow the Afghan warlords who are profiteering off the war. Every time we tried to remove one of them from power, [Secretary John] Kerry would say "no" because it would potentially make it unstable and require more troops be brought in. The entire Obama administration was too cautious, but Kerry was the most cautious. Perhaps the Obama administration was fatigued by the time we assumed power. [President Ghani assumed power in September of 2014.] But Trump is very different from Obama in this way.

This is good, for the future of Afghanistan."

Linky

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, did Obama use the Brits to spy on Trump?

http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/cla...its-to-spy-on-trump/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mr. President, stir this pot until the shit settles to the bottom, I have your back.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
007 spied on Trump.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post