SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Anyone who cannot see how much the stability and security as well as the respect of much of the "meaningful" world the USA has gained in the past 9 months (yep. the Big Guy has only been on the job that long), then they are beyond reach of any and all reason.
(In spite of the troubles in the world and at home, we are recovering good ground)

9 months have laid waste to a great deal of 8 years, and obama has diminished in his inflated stature more than I could have imagined.

And Hillary lost, big league.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Wow. Corker just skewered Trump in an interview to CNN. The red meat to the Libs was just thrown into the middle of the room. This is all we are going to hear for the rest of the day.

That's OK because Trump in typical Trump fashion takes whatever shit is flung his way and flings it back 10 times harder. Big Grin

Trump tweeted:
quote:

Bob Corker, who helped President O give us the bad Iran Deal & couldn't get elected dog catcher in Tennessee, is now fighting Tax Cuts....

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Meanwhile, the winning continues.
And I'm so tired.

I have had to stop and catch my breath a time or two, but not tired of the winning just yet.....Go Trump

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Sen Jeff Flake from AZ is announcing he wont seek re-election in 2018... take McCain with you while you’re on your way out!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of buckeye1
posted Hide Post
Amen! Just leave today. One more to go.

Posts: 51 | Location: Phoenix Az. | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well maybe he (Flake) will be replaced by a Republican. Eek

Posts: 22911 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Flake saw the writing on the wall.

http://www.politico.com/story/...ng-after-2018-244114

A vocal critic of President Donald Trump throughout and since the 2016 campaign, Flake said it became clear that that opposition would make it impossible for him to get through a Republican primary.

Jenny Beth Martin of Tea Party Patriots, which hails from the Trump wing, called Flake's announcement, "the best decision he ever made as senator."

From Oct 2016:

Arizona Senator Jeff Flake is joining fellow Republican Senator John McCain in refusing to vote for their party’s presidential nominee.

Flake, like McCain, also said he will not vote for the Democratic nominee.

“I’m not voting for Hillary Clinton. I will likely write somebody in, but I will leave that until the end,” said Flake.

https://news.azpm.org/s/42900-...riting-in-candidate/

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
He didn't want to compromise his "principals" my ass. He didn't want to lose the primary. He knows people from Arizona are sick of have to democratic senators and want a change.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
But the media was going talk about Corker all day and hammer Trump, and now the Flake thing comes out mere hours later.

More winning.
More exhaustion.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Win...Win...Win Cool

The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed the second and final challenge to President Donald Trump’s executive order on refugees and migrants Tuesday, concluding that the expiration of a 120-day ban on refugee resettlement ended the controversy.

The dismissal ends a protracted round of litigating around the president’s order that was replaced in late September by a new round of travel sanctions against eight countries. Those sanctions are currently under challenges.

The justices dismissed the first travel ban case Oct. 10. That case arose in Maryland and concerned the order’s 90-day ban on the entry of migrants from six countries with high instances of terrorism. The ban’s expiration effectively “mooted” the case, the justices concluded. Federal courts are only empowered to hear ongoing controversies where their action can affect an outcome. When the controversy concludes and renders further court action irrelevant, the case is considered moot and is thereafter dismissed.

The second case arose in Hawaii, and also challenged the 120-day ban on refugee resettlement. The court’s Oct. 10 decision left little suspense as to how justices would dispense with the Hawaii case — as in the Maryland case, the justices said the termination of the 120-day refugee ban mooted the controversy, warranting dismissal.

A legal rule called the Munsingwear doctrine requires the vacatur of all lower court rulings in a case that is mooted while awaiting Supreme Court review. In each case, the Court wiped out lower court rulings from the 4th and 9th U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal that concluded his order was unlawful. Justice Sonia Sotomayor dissented from the court’s vacatur order in each case, but agreed that the challenges should be dismissed.

The order is a victory for the administration, that asked the justices to dismiss the cases in September. The orders also wipe out adverse lower court rulings limiting the president’s authority.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10...fugee-ban-challenge/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Poor little Jeffy. Water's gotten too hot for him and he wants to go home. Mean old Trump hurt his feelings.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya! AMF RINO.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Poor little Jeffy. Water's gotten too hot for him and he wants to go home. Mean old Trump hurt his feelings.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya! AMF RINO.

RMD

Big Grin Big Grin And turn in your pacifier....it was bought with taxpayers money! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
President Trump built a self draining swamp.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Just breaking now on Fox and the Daily Mail.

REVEALED: Hillary paid for notorious 'golden showers' dossier on Trump: Her campaign lawyer funded dirty tricks firm's research into his Russian links which came up with discredited claims
Hillary Clinton's campaign paid for dirty dossier on Trump
Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee reportedly helped pay for research that led to the 'golden showers' dossier on Donald Trump. Clinton's campaign lawyer Marc E. Elias hired research firm Fusion GPS back in April 2016 to look into allegations of Trump's ties to Russia, according to the Washington Post. The Washington-based research firm then hired former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele to dig up the unconfirmed dirt on Trump. The research resulted in the now infamous dirty dossier that came up with the discredited claims about Trump. Clinton's lawyer continued to fund the firm's research until October 2016 - just days before the presidential election.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...2001/?#sp=show-clips

Gag order could be lifted on FBI informant as early as tomorrow Smile

Oct. 24, 2017 - 6:57 - Circa Investigative Reporter Sara Carter on the Uranium One deal and the potential lifting of the gag order on a FBI informant.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
"In two weeks it is the first anniversary of Donald Trump’s astonishing US election victory.

To ‘celebrate’, thousands of Trump-hating liberals in cities like Boston, New York and Philadelphia are planning a day of protest in which they will go outside, stare upwards and shout their little heads off in rage…

There are tens of millions of Americans right now who don’t feel helpless at all. In fact, they’ve never felt happier that they’ve finally got a guy in the White House who THEY believe stands up for THEM.

They don’t share YOUR view of what it means to be an American…

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...Trump-win-again.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tough shit

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From Pipe Smoker's link, Piers Morgan is perhaps the only liberal that gets it about Trump. Makes a great case for our POTUS Wink

quote:
There are tens of millions of Americans right now who don’t feel helpless at all. In fact, they’ve never felt happier that they’ve finally got a guy in the White House who THEY believe stands up for THEM.

They don’t share YOUR view of what it means to be an American.

They share Trump’s view, because it’s THEIR view.

That’s why he was elected President, and that’s why I am beginning to think he will be comfortably re-elected in 2020.

For those who think I’ve gone completely mad, here is what I told British GQ magazine in September, 2015, when they asked me: Who will win the US election?

‘I think Donald Trump will win the Republican nomination,’ I answered. ‘The Democrats will only stand a chance of beating him if they ditch Hillary Clinton, who is now a busted flush, and go with Joe Biden, possibly with Elizabeth Warren as his running mate.’

So, putting my Nostradamus hat on again, here are 10 reasons why I think Trump can pull it off again:

1) He’s the most resilient, uncompromising man in America. Love him or loathe him, Trump hasn’t changed or pivoted one iota from the candidate who ran for office. He is both absurdly thin-skinned AND absurdly thick-skinned – incapable of ignoring any slight, however small, but also showing quite extraordinary strength of character in repelling what even Jimmy Carter just called the most frenzied media attack on a serving president in US history. Yes, Trump’s an inveterate bulls**tter, the by-product of life as a shameless salesman, but to date he hasn’t lied us into an illegal war like one of his most recent critics George W. Bush did in Iraq – so political fibbing is all relative.

2) Trump’s enemies are bailing out from the fight like conscientious objectors in the war. Yesterday, two Senators, Bob Corker and Jeff Flake made grandiose media-grabbing attacks on the President, effectively branding him a lying useless goon. Both are standing down, and in (Snow) Flake’s case, he’s only doing so because he knows he’s going to get an absolute drubbing in the next election. This, remember, is a guy so principled that he wrote to a Sandy Hook relative saying he agreed with her about introducing background checks on gun sales, then voted AGAINST it just months later. That was a major reason why his poll numbers collapsed. So spare me the sanctimony now, Senator. You’re a fraud.

3) Hollywood’s liberal elite, Trump’s most vociferous, influential and vicious opponents, have exposed themselves to be a bunch of shocking hypocrites whose high moral and ethical plinth now lies in a pile of ruins.

The Weinstein scandal was just the tip of the unedifying iceberg. Today we learned that Woody Allen, a man who ran off and married one adoptive daughter and was accused of sexually abusing another adoptive daughter when she was just seven, is currently making a movie about a pedophile who preys on a 15-year-old girl. Meanwhile, Trump’s most indignant Hollywood opponents like Meryl Streep continue to celebrate convicted fugitive child rapist Roman Polanski. Middle America is watching all this and thinking: ‘Don’t you lot DARE lecture us about anything ever again.’

4) The Democrats don’t have anyone yet who can run against Trump and actually beat him. Say what you like about the man but he’s proven himself to be a formidably fierce political campaigner who wipes away opponents with the flick of a mocking ‘Low Energy Jeb’ nickname switch. My preferred choice last time, Joe Biden, will be 78 by 2020 – surely, sadly, too old by then to mount a winning challenge? If not Joe, then who? The clock is ticking.

5) Hillary Clinton’s still hanging around like a malodorous failure to remind everyone on a daily basis of the world’s biggest and most shocking political defeat. Her global loser tour, in which she continues to blame everyone but herself, is a vote-destroying disaster for the Democrats. She needs to be pushed out into the political long grass, but who will tell her? Every day Hillary stays in the limelight is another win for Trump. Today, it was shockingly revealed that after all her pontificating about Russia, it was ‘Halo’ Hillary who secretly paid for the dirty Russian dossier on Trump to try to smear him. She’ll collude with the worst of them when it suits her, and voters know it.

6) Trump’s doing very well with the crucial election-deciding issue: the economy. The stock markets keep roaring to record highs (Lest we forget, top liberal economist Paul Krugman told us on election night, when the markets tanked, that they would never recover under Trump!), growth continues around a steady 3%, and unemployment numbers have fallen consistently in the past year. If Trump gets his game-changing tax plan through, and I think eventually he will, then the US economy will likely surge forward just in time for his 2020 campaign. As Reagan and Clinton proved, when an incumbent president runs with a strengthening economy behind him, he’s pretty much unbeatable.

7) His base is rock solid. The polls suggest everyone who voted for Trump last time would do so again. I’ve spent time down in states like Florida and Texas recently and they’re revelling in Trump’s presidency. Everything the screaming liberals loathe about him, from The Wall and travel ban to his ‘Fake News!’ mantra and attack on kneeling NFL players, they love.

8) On the foreign stage, far from being the disaster that Corker and Flake claim, I’d argue that Trump’s proven himself to be rather effective in re-establishing America’s status as the world’s No1 superpower. He slapped Syria dictator Bashar al-Assad round the chops when he tested him with a chemical weapons attack, he’s got ISIS on the run from places like Raqqa exactly as he promised, and he’s stood up to North Korean lunatic Kim Jong-un and told him if he messes with America, he and his country will be vaporized. I very much doubt bellicose self-preservationist Kim will now test that theory. Trump’s visits to places like Saudi Arabia, Poland and France were all huge successes, and I confidently predict now that his trip next week to Japan and China will be too. For all his faults, Trump’s a world-class schmoozer when he needs to be, and a savvy negotiator. By all accounts, most foreign leaders have enjoyed their interactions with him.

9) Trump’s Twitter feed continues to dominate the world’s news agenda.

It remains astonishing that a 70-year-old man is the best social media practitioner on the planet, but he is. Trump uses his tweets to refute damaging stories, promote positive ones, take down enemies and talk up friends. More importantly, he’s been able to by-pass mainstream media to get HIS message out to millions of people, exactly how HE wants to, and in an often brutally frank manner that his supporters thoroughly enjoy. That is Utopia for any politician. By 2020, Trump will have trebled or quadrupled his current social media follower counts, giving him an unprecedented and incredibly powerful platform to fight the next election.

10) Trump’s the incumbent president and historically, 70% of those who run again get re-elected. The stats are on his side.

So scream all your like next week, hysterical Trump-hating liberal snowflakes, but I’d save some of your voice for Wednesday, November 4, 2020.

Because that’s when, as things stand, I predict Donald J. Trump will be re-elected President of the United States.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16705 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
[Piers Morgan]

That was awfully good, coming from a guy we otherwise don't like. Big Grin

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post