SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The G20.

QUESTIONS:
1. If it is the G20, then why are the 36 schlubs in the picture?

2. Why is Frau Merkel holding her hands like Dr. Evil?

3. Who is the dwarf on Trump's right side?

You might want to change #3

A trip to the woodshed may arise.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Good effing grief! Does it matter how tall people are? Is being short the new ugly?

Roll Eyes

Good grief. It was some mild natured ribbing of our French friends. Lighten up Francis.

Roll Eyes

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
follow up to Walter Shaub resigning as director of the Office of Govt Ethics

Shaub is going to the Campaign Legal Center

"At the Campaign Legal Center, I’ll have more freedom to push for reform. I’ll also be broadening my focus to include ethics issues at all levels of government.”

The CLC is an ostensibly non-partisan group that has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from left-wing billionaire George Soros

In 2010 and 2011, the group was instrumental in urging the IRS to open its now-infamous targeted investigations into conservative and “Tea Party” non-profits with a series of letters drafted along with other Soros-funded groups.

The Washington Post and other mainstream outlets made no mention of CLC’s links to George Soros and involvement in the IRS scandal in their reporting of Shaub’s resignation.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ns-soros-funded-ngo/

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the guy who's going to ease you into 30 days on Moderated Status if you again forget your manners.

How many times have we been over this? Ridiculing the appearance of others is juvenile. I don't care how you act outside of this forum but in this place, you will refrain from this kind of pointless, childish behavior.

I can understand how you might not know this. I've only said it about 7000 times since you joined this forum, so my comments were simply just missed by you, right?

15000 posts and 9 years here. You should know better.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
That's the guy who's going to ease you into 30 days on Moderated Status if you again forget your manners.

How many times have we been over this? Ridiculing the appearance of others is juvenile. I don't care how you act outside of this forum but in this place, you will refrain from this kind of pointless, childish behavior.

I can understand how you might not know this. I've only said it about 7000 times since you joined this forum, so my comments were simply just missed by you, right?

15000 posts and 9 years here. You should know better.

Para,
I apologize. I did not actually even consider the remark to be about appearance. Macron is clearly not particularly short, nor even the shortest in the picture. The gentleman directly, to Trump's left is shorter for example.

The attempted joke was the implication that of 36 schlubs in the picture, the President of France was the only one I did not recognize.

If Macron were actually extremely short I would not have made the comment as it would have been crass.

Regardless, I apologize.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
2 topics in this post

1. Got an email (fund raiser) that Sheriff David Clarke is seriously considering running for WI senate seat in 2018. Two of the REP possible challengers have dropped out.

The incumbent is Tammy Baldwin (D) (ultra liberal).

2. This article is a hit piece on President Trump by Politico. However, I think it is great news.

http://www.politico.com/story/...-sends-chills-240274

Trump’s leaks crackdown sends chills through national security world

National security officials across the federal government say they are seeing new restrictions on who can access sensitive information, fueling fears in the intelligence and security community that the Trump administration has stepped up a stealthy operation to smoke out leakers.

Officials at various national security agencies also say they are becoming more concerned that the administration is carefully tracking what they’re doing and who they’re talking to — then plotting to use them as a scapegoat or accuse them of leaks.

One U.S. official voiced concern over even talking to superiors about a benign call from a reporter. The agency this official works for had started limiting staff access to information, they said, and it would make it far easier to figure out who was talking to people in the media.

There was suspicion, the official said, that the agency was even tracking what they printed, to keep tabs on what information they were accessing.

President Donald Trump has regularly vented about his intense frustration with anonymously sourced stories, and has specifically targeted federal government entities, including intelligence agencies like the CIA and FBI, and the State Department.

do it!

In some cases, the official added, information has been so “choked down” that if something comes out in the press, “it’s either a bogus leak” or, the official said, the relevant agency will know exactly where it came from. And, the official said, they had heard several other government organizations had started doing the same.

yes !

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Just dispatched to the White House:

quote:
Dear Mr. President,

Here is an idea for you. With all the intense fascination with "Russian ties," I suggest you arrange to supply all of your male aides with Russian ties, then have "Russian tie days," every other Thursday maybe, like ugly tie Fridays or something.

You don't even have to go to Russia to find a good selection. https://www.zazzle.com/russian+ties. Over 1,000 different ones. Economical, too. Even the Assistant Undersecretaries can afford them. All the Russian ties anyone could ever want! I have no connection to this outfit, not even a customer, but if you start this, I would buy a couple to get in on the fun. There would be extra style points if you got Mr. Putin to supply them and pay for them. I hear he's rich.

Maybe you could even send a selection over to CNN, while they are still in business. The Democrat Congressmen look to need a wardrobe enhancement, too, if you get my drift. Just don't tell CNN where you got the idea, please!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
One U.S. official voiced concern over even talking to superiors about a benign call from a reporter. The agency this official works for had started limiting staff access to information, they said, and it would make it far easier to figure out who was talking to people in the media.

To me, the obvious answer is, "If you are working in these areas, you should not be talking to reporters!

Secondly, if you leak classified info, you get a trial and spend the next 20 years at the federal fun farm sharing quality time with big bubba. Or the alternative, execution! Until the price of doing this and getting caught is high enough, it will not stop.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me shallow but Damn what stood out on the G20 coverage was Melanie Trumps wedding ring.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard a brief report on Fox this morning that Trump established a good relationship with Macron and got invited to attend Bastille Day Celebration. He accepted.

Considering the vast differences between these two, and the barbs back and forth since the French election, I think this is another major win for Trump, and a loss for his critics.

More Winning! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Powell's attorney Ashley Jones told the court her client, who spent nine years in the Army,
Who cares.
quote:
...did not travel to D.C. to riot, but to protest peacefully.
Bull.
quote:
She also blamed police officers for inciting violence.
Yeah, that's a good one lady. Got any more stupid you'd like to share with us?
quote:
"Mr. Powell's motivation was to protest the inauguration," Jones said. "And during that protest he got carried away."
Its a share your client wasn't indeed "carried away", on a stretcher to the ER.

Four months in jail for putting the lives of the police and others at risk is an insult.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Call me shallow but Damn what stood out on the G20 coverage was Melanie Trumps wedding ring.

She actually has two. The first one is the smaller original engagement ring. The one she currently wears is double the size, and given as an anniversary gift.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Trump women have achieved what the Mooch could have never done, hell even the obongo never did.

Gained the admiration of world leaders.

PRESIDENT Trump, world leader.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Dinner with Putin and a President's stand in: How Melania and Ivanka Trump saved the day at the G20

8 JULY 2017 • 1:14PM
On a day that the G20 hosted a Women’s Empowerment working lunch, President Donald Trump went the extra mile to make sure he empowered the women in his own family.

Months after appointing his daughter Ivanka as one of his official advisers, Mr Trump sent the former model to stand in for him at a G20 leaders’ meeting.

It came hours after his wife Melania charmed President Vladimir Putin at an official dinner, having already been sent into a meeting between her husband and the Russian premier as a messenger by the US delegation.

This morning Ivanka, 36, took up the seat reserved for the President during the third working session of the G20 leaders while Mr Trump attended separate meetings elsewhere at the summit.

G20 leaders often send proxies to working sessions while they hold bilateral meetings with other leaders, but it is thought to be the first time a leader’s daughter has fulfilled such a role.

The President’s wife Melania has also been called upon by the US delegation, after it emerged she was sent in to Mr Trump’s lengthy one-on-one meeting with Russia’s President Vladimir Putin to try to wind up their conversation.

Mr Trump spent 2hrs 16mins with President Putin on Friday, and Rex Tillerson, the US Secretary of State, disclosed that presidential aides became exasperated that the President was allowing it to overrun for so long. Slots of 30 minutes are usually allotted for each bilateral meeting.

Mr Tillerson said: “They even sent in the First Lady at one point to see if she could get us out of there, and that didn't work either … We went another hour after.”

At the dinner that followed, Mrs Trump was seated next to Mr Putin, and appeared to be getting on well as they smiled during their conversations.

Mr Trump, meanwhile, was sitting next to Argentina’s First Lady Juliana Awada, voted the most elegant first lady in the world by Hola! magazine last year.

At a concert before the dinner the Trumps sat next to the French President Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte.

Mr Trump has faced criticism in the US for giving his family too much power in his administration - Ivanka’s husband Jared Kushner - who is also at the G20 - was appointed as one of his chief advisers when Mr Trump took office in January, and he promoted his daughter to her current official role in March.

A White House spokesman said: "Ivanka was sitting in the back and then briefly joined the main table when the President had to step out."

President Trump also supported his daughter by joining a women’s entrepreneurial finance event, a project spearheaded by her.

Ivanka Trump and the World Bank rolled out a new fund that aims to help female entrepreneurs access capital, financing and other support. World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative fund had so far raised $325 million from various governments.

Mr Trump applauded his daughter’s efforts to help female entrepreneurs, joking that “if she weren’t my daughter, it would be so much easier for her".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...nka-trump-saved-day/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
And lets add a meme for the whole media stir on Trump giving family members positions in his administration. Remember these guys? More left wing hypocrisy!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
In the G20 group pic, most are wearing the G20 pin. But not President Trump. You know what pin he was wearing.

President Trump didn't back down on climate control fraud.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...wly-detach-from-rest

With the U.S. refusing to align itself with the other G-20 members on climate change, the French president made a last-minute attempt to keep Trump on board, organizing an impromptu meeting with the U.K.’s Theresa May and Malcolm Turnbull of Australia. But Macron couldn’t avoid a 19 to one split.

The U.S. announced that “it will immediately cease the implementation of its current nationally-determined contribution” to the Paris climate accord after Trump pulled the U.S. out of the agreement. Instead, it insisted on a reference to fossil fuels and committed to “an approach that lowers emissions while supporting economic growth and improving energy security needs.”

The final statement underlined Trump’s lone stand, saying that all G-20 members except for the U.S. “state that the Paris Agreement is irreversible.”

We probably are not exceptional. We are now "unique". Smile

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am so tired of winning, it's tough getting out of bed every morning the past week.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The president of Poland is onboard with Trump in fighting fake news Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
New nothingburger from the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...ushner-manafort.html

The mental masturbation in the comments section is a hoot.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Looks like Putin has become a Deplorable Razz

Russian President Vladimir Putin declared that "Television Trump" is very different from the real President Trump.

“As I see it, Television Trump is very different from the real person,” Putin said Saturday at a press conference. “He is absolutely concrete, absolutely adequately perceives the interlocutor, quite quickly analyzes, answers questions or draws from the discussions some new elements.

“As regards personal relations, I think they are established,” the Russian president stated.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...different-real-trump

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post