SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
During a break, the office staff got together and started thinking of some of the Russian connections that may disqualify someone from office. Seemingly any connection to Russia is a tell-tell sign of colluding comrades.

Here is some of the list . . . .

Well crap, I've done vodka shots at a wedding party in Star City, so I guess I am Rooskie spy as well. And I have had more than one Baltika #9 to boot.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
Why would Trump hire Sessions when he knew all along that he was in bed with the Russians? Not smart.

Quit listen to dem snipits .
The man in his previous job in the senate was to talk to other associates in the world and it included the ruskies Roll Eyes

Posts: 22421 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The Dems have not progressd past the First stage of grief: Denial.

All of this Russia nonsense is because they still cannot accept the fact that Trump won. They MUST find a way to make it Not So!

The longer it goes on, the more desperate and thrashing the efforts become. I am saddened that AG Sessions responded to their thrashings, but he is a career politician and it is in his nature to do so.

Our President, however, is not one of those craven beasts, and can withstand any thrashing that comes his way.

Stay strong, stay proud, just like OUR President will.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
On a lighter note, the award for best entry by a cabinet officer goes to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke:

Secretary of the Interior rides a horse in to his first day at work

This is just so freakin' cool. Why aren't the media writing about this? Oh yeah.

That's awesome!

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
^^^^ . . . and went to work on doing the people's business as soon as he dismounted! Big Grin

On his first full day in office, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke issued an order Thursday reversing a last-minute action by the Obama administration to ban lead ammunition and fish tackle used on national wildlife refuges.

Dept of Interior Press Releases

Posts: 4059 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Ryan Zinke looks like a kind of guy that should be running the Department of Interior.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5139 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I'm so glad Trump was elected instead of Hillary. I feel very grateful that this man gave up a billionaires lifestyle, which he earned, to be insulted and lied about daily because he loves this country the way I do.

I'm not worried about the day to day things or latest manufactured outrage by the left. Trump is in the trenches fighting these America haters every day. He's going to make mistakes. He's going to lose some rounds. But damn it, he's fighting when no one else on the R ticket would, and he won when no one else could have. We are the beneficiaries of his decision to stand up and fight back.

Wonderful post !

Thank you. Smile

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Looks like the EU is starting to get all pissy over President Trump's immigration policy now:

Go ahead, EU. Play stupid political games, and watch your income from tourism PLUMMET as a result. Shoot yourself in the gut in a vain attempt to 'punish' us. . .

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...for-us-citizens.html

quote:
In possible response to Trump, EU parliament calls to end visa-free travel for US citizens

In what has been called a “visa war,” the European Union’s parliament on Thursday called on the bloc to force American tourists visiting Europe to first obtain visas because the U.S. excludes five EU countries from its no-visa policy.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the request is unlikely to change policy, but reflects “hostility among some European politicians to the Trump administration.”

The report said Parliament’s vote came six weeks into Trump’s presidency and after the legislature publically slammed Trump’s executive order banning travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries.

U.S. citizens can travel to all EU countries without visas but the U.S. hasn’t granted visa-free travel to citizens of Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Poland and Romania.

The legislature urged the European Commission to act within two months. The Commission was legally bound to propose by last April that visas be reintroduced for U.S. citizens for 12 months but the 28-nation bloc’s member countries preferred to take no action.

The Commission has cautioned that suspending the visa waiver for Americans would also hurt trade, tourism and the European economy.

Dimitris Avramopoulos, the European home-affairs commissioner, traveled to Washington last month to talk about the issue. He wrote to The Journal: “As you know, our approach brought results with Canada. We will continue our engagement with the United States on this matter as well our broader cooperation on migration and security.”

He was referring to Canada’s decision to lift all remaining visa requirements for EU citizens by the end of the year.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21923 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Americans need to stay home, anyway. I see no reason for private citizens to travel to New Arabia.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109092 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Ryan Zinke looks like a kind of guy that should be running the Department of Interior.

You realize he retired after 23 years as a SEAL, one of the leaders of SEAL Team 6.

He was a Congressman after that, but they are not all totally worthless, it seems.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Trump has a speech to congress, hits it out of the park, America says halleluiah, and the media wants to deflect from talking about that (and there is so much positive for the country that could be reported) and brings up more of this Russian nonsense. The enemy of the people is clearly defining itself - act accordingly.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
This whole Russian thing is absurd. Frankly I am disgusted with the vaunted FBI and CIA. This has become a major issue w zero evidence presented to the American people.

We have to remember that both the FBI and CIA have experienced 8 years of obummer appointing people into "leadership" positions.

What truly needs doing is for Trump to immediately and summarily fire every obummer appointee in the entire executive branch.

Now this BS witch hunt about Sessions is in the hands of a obummer appointee. Fat chance of any legitimate outcome.

And, for the slow learners, Sessions contacts with the "Russians" was part of his job.

Of course, anyone actually doing their job is completely mystifying to the democraPs.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This Russian narrative has a decent chance to backfire. The Democrats are in essence denying the existence all those who voted for and supported Trump. They are basically sending a message that these people don't exist and the election was rigged. I see the democrat party losing even more power in the future. The same for the media. All they are doing is hardening my resolve and further solidifying my HATRED of the Democrat party and the media.

Now Trump needs to go on the offense and find a way to get Hillary locked up for her obvious crimes and punish the everlasting fuck out of these people leaking info. Go scorched earth on these mofos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21225 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this Russia nonsense is, apart from ordinary and usual God Damned Commie wickedness, a way to hobble the man who will decide to prosecute HilLIARy.

The GDCs opposed his nomination with unusual bitterness and vitriol, especially for a Senator, and especially for a sitting Senator.

He seems, to those of us who care about such things, inordinately well qualified by many years of successful experience for the post, far beyond the qualifications of many recent AGs.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Trump has a speech to congress, hits it out of the park, America says halleluiah, and the media wants to deflect from talking about that (and there is so much positive for the country that could be reported) and brings up more of this Russian nonsense. The enemy of the people is clearly defining itself - act accordingly.

Perfect!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sessions should have disclosed long ago that he met Russian representative just to keep it clean for future discovery. They are so afraid of media and democrats they can't come clean..this is really hurting efforts to move ahead...

There was noting secret about Sessions meeting with the "Russians". It was part of his normal job, and I am pretty sure there were news reports about some of it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Americans need to stay home, anyway. I see no reason for private citizens to travel to New Arabia.

EXACTLY!!! There's so much of my own country I have yet to see, why would I spend my American dollars in some EU crap-hole?? The POSSIBLE exception would be Italy, as that is where my family originates.

As to this Russia crap, here's an article from USA Today...Russia even saying it's a Witch Hunt:

http://usat.ly/2llvSTk

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
...further solidifying my HATRED of the Democrat party and the media.

Stickman...I believe in my heart of hearts we no longer have a "Democrat" party. I believe it's a full-on "COMMUNIST" party. And the "media"?? Pffffff...that's the crown-jewel Pravda, sir.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
So now Patrick Stewart is going to apply for US Citizenship to fight and oppose Trump. I accept the fact most of the entertainers whose work I enjoy will have different political leanings than I do. As long as they do their job and stfu about politics, I will buy their product.

At this point there is a dwindling pool of entertainers to watch or listen to.

I hope the US government refuses his application.
Patrick Stewart Applying for US Citizenship

quote:
“I’m not a [U.S.] citizen,”the actor said.
“However, there is, maybe it’s the only good thing, as the result of this election: I am now applying for citizenship. Because I want to be an American too.”

“All of my friends in Washington said, ‘There is one thing you can do. Fight, fight, oppose, oppose,’” Mr Stewart said.

Posts: 9741 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How is he going to "fight Trump" by becoming a citizen? I hate to break it to him, but he gets one vote only. No, Mister Stewart, you do not get extra votes for beng on TV.

This is our country, jerk. Figure it out.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109092 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I think that justjoe and Truman Capote have done figured this out: The better the actor, the dumber they are. And Sir Patrick really is a marvelous actor...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post