SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I love how these media nimrods think they can get Trump to back away from this. They think there is no way he will say this to the Mexican president's face....Surprise! Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Meanwhile, there are only two living GOP ex-Presidents, the always classy Bushes. Traditional American values, gentlemen.
Bush Jr is a sellout piece of shit and he can FOAD.

The entire Bush clan can FOAD. They value themselves far more than our country.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Leave Bar alone. You mess with Bar, you're gonna have to contend with me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Election night flashback, Canadian style.

Pay attention to the laughably stupid remarks of the black woman in the clip. I don't know who she is but she's as stupid as shit. Goddamn, lady.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The President can't leave the country for a few days without McConnell selling out. He tells them to repeal it, so McConnell is willing to run to the Democrats instead?

quote:
McConnell: Republicans may work with Democrats on healthcare bill

With the Senate Republican healthcare bill stalled due to disagreements within the party, some Republicans are admitting they may have to move to a plan B: working with Democrats.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday said during an event in Kentucky that if GOP senators fail to reach an agreement on a bill that can get 50 votes in the chamber, they would have to work with the other party on a way to stabilize the Obamacare insurance markets.

"If my side is unable to agree on an adequate replacement, then some kind of action with regard to the private health insurance market must occur," McConnell said.

McConnell pointed to increasing premiums in the individual insurance marketplaces as the reason Republicans would have to reach across the aisle.

"No action is not an alternative," McConnell said, according to The Associated Press. "We've got the insurance markets imploding all over the country, including in this state."

McConnell reportedly used the prospect of working with Democrats as a threat earlier in the negotiations over the Senate healthcare bill, the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA).

Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas on Thursday also suggested Republicans may have to work with their Democratic counterparts to solve healthcare. Moran said he would have preferred to deliberate the bill in a more open fashion in the Senate, instead of using the more secretive process for which McConnell was criticized, and "figure out where there are 60 votes to pass something."

The Kansas Republican also said there was no consensus within the 52-member GOP conference on the healthcare bill.

The BCRA hit a roadblock after its introduction. Conservative members rejected the bill because it did not go far enough in its repeal of Obamacare. On the other hand, more moderate members said the bill goes too far in stripping away funding from programs like Medicaid.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer welcomed the remarks from McConnell is a statement. The Senate's top Democrat expressed willingness to work with Republicans if they chose to do so.

"It’s encouraging that Sen. McConnell today acknowledged that the issues with the exchanges are fixable, and opened the door to bipartisan solutions to improve our health care system," Schumer said. "As we’ve said time and time again, Democrats are eager to work with Republicans to stabilize the markets and improve the law."

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump meets Vladimir Putin. (a little edit was needed)

See the steely eyed stare. The grim threatening face of Putin. nah

video at:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...p-and-putin-n2351770

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/...shake-dominance-g20/

Body language expert Judi James claims the US President “nailed” the historic handshake with the Russian leader and proved his superior status with a double-handed fist-pump at the event in Germany.

The Trump/Putin meeting was scheduled for 30 minutes. But it actually lasted for two hours and 16 minutes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The difference in their size is remarkable. Partly camera angle, perhaps.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love that power move ol' Donny is putting on Vlad in that picture! Big Grin

But of course the AP today is trying their best to make this out to be be two good pals yukking it up with shit headlines like this:

“Grins and handshakes as Trump encounters Putin for 1st time”
Roll Eyes

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Putin's 5'7" so it's not the camera angle, MAGA!

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The difference in their size is remarkable. Partly camera angle, perhaps.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4359 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Trump and Putin met for 2+ hours today, rather than the expected 30 minutes. Sounds as though their meeting was productive, with a Syria accord. The MSM will find something to whine about.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Trump and Putin met for 2+ hours today, rather than the expected 30 minutes. Sounds as though their meeting was productive, with a Syria accord. The MSM will find something to whine about.

I'm certain the spin will be "look! these guys really hit it off and have SO much to catch up on being such chums!"
Mad

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Meanwhile, there are only two living GOP ex-Presidents, the always classy Bushes. Traditional American values, gentlemen.

And ironically, GWB has been cozying up to the God Damned Commies, Obama, and his best friends the Clintons. A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you, but especially in the last 6 months, GWB has revealed his true colors.

And might I add that Trump comes closest to having a living President representing "Traditional American values".

GWB now belongs with Carter, his "brother" Bill Clinton, and Obama. Good riddance.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
WaPo: over half of white residents of Washington DC have protested against Trump. 16% of blacks have.
See the quotes in the article for takes on black "apathy".

Link

Posts: 18364 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The meeting between Putin and President Donald Trump, scheduled to last 35 minutes, was running so long that at one point U.S. officials dispatched the first lady to try and help wrap things up inside the small Hamburg meeting room, according to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

“We went another hour after she came to see us, so clearly she failed,” Tillerson later told reporters in a light-hearted after-action report.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/...trump-putin-meeting/

When President Trump interacts w world leaders, Melania's grace and beauty smooth some of his rough edges.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The meeting between Putin and President Donald Trump, scheduled to last 35 minutes, was running so long that at one point U.S. officials dispatched the first lady to try and help wrap things up inside the small Hamburg meeting room, according to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

“We went another hour after she came to see us, so clearly she failed,” Tillerson later told reporters in a light-hearted after-action report.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/...trump-putin-meeting/

When President Trump interacts w world leaders, Melania's grace and beauty smooth some of his rough edges.

Those Ruskies kept talking while they kept looking.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
When Donnie Met Angie

Laughing... or crying?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I love that power move ol' Donny is putting on Vlad in that picture! Big Grin

Was thinking the same thing!

That looks like less of a hand shake and more of a "we're going to come to an agreement on some things or I'm going to break your arm and your economy." Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Hehehe "Mexico IS paying for the wall and if you're not careful Germany might be kicking in some too."

posted Hide Post
The G20.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13492 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where's your cat, Angela?