SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I don't believe in safe spaces for criminals. The concept is absurd.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Any provisions for blocking tunnels in the wall contracts/designs. The IDF has problems with the Arabs tunnels under their walls.

I don't know about any physical measures underground to literally block an attempted tunnel, but I think we have some sort of Ground Penetrating Radar or the like to have a peep / scan. I'd guess it's a mobile/portable unit or units that get moved around, versus a permanent solution mounted all along the border, but it's just a guess.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Any provisions for blocking tunnels in the wall contracts/designs. The IDF has problems with the Arabs tunnels under their walls.

I don't know about any physical measures underground to literally block an attempted tunnel, but I think we have some sort of Ground Penetrating Radar or the like to have a peep / scan. I'd guess it's a mobile/portable unit or units that get moved around, versus a permanent solution mounted all along the border, but it's just a guess.

One solution for gophers and squirrels is to inject a mixture of propane and oxygen into their tunnels and ignite it (Rodex 5000 & others). Wonder if we could do something like that? Alternatively, perhaps a few really big vibratory compactors (sheepsfoot variety) to be dispatched to any location where tunnels were detected to close them down externally? I'd guess either method would tend to discourage tunneling after the first couple of uses...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Border Patrol raids Arizona desert camp that helps illegal immigrants

U.S. Border Patrol agents served a search warrant at a non-profit aid camp in the southern Arizona desert Thursday and arrested four Mexican men suspected of being in the country illegally.

The camp, about 11 miles north of the Mexican border, provides medical care for immigrants crossing into the U.S. across the miles-long Sonoran Desert. It has been in operation since 2004, run by the organization No Mas Muertes (No More Deaths).

"The raid on the medical aid camp is unacceptable and a break in our good faith agreements w/BP to respect the critical work of #NoMoreDeaths," the organization said in a tweet.

The NGO said in a statement that 30 armed agents entered the camp with 15 trucks and a helicopter searching for the migrants.

Border Patrol said agents reached out to camp representatives before the raid but the talks were unsuccessful.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the agency said it felt “compelled to seek a search warrant” to question the men and said a similar raid last month resulted in the arrest of eight undocumented men, two of whom had a criminal record.

Camp officials said that in the past few weeks, the heavy presence of law enforcement has deterred people from accessing critical humanitarian assistance.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...egal-immigrants.html

This is fantastic, and has been needed forever!!! We have to stop the flow of illegals coming across the border, as not all of them are Mexican.

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
One solution for gophers and squirrels is to inject a mixture of propane and oxygen into their tunnels and ignite it....

I have the sudden urge to watch Caddyshack lol! Smile

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Trump knows its about his legacy, and what he does builds that - with his kids, the youngest of which is 2 - 3 generations younger.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

One solution for gophers and squirrels is to inject a mixture of propane and oxygen into their tunnels and ignite it (Rodex 5000 & others). Wonder if we could do something like that? Alternatively, perhaps a few really big vibratory compactors (sheepsfoot variety) to be dispatched to any location where tunnels were detected to close them down externally? I'd guess either method would tend to discourage tunneling after the first couple of uses...

Made me think of this.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
One solution for gophers and squirrels is to inject a mixture of propane and oxygen into their tunnels and ignite it....

We really don't want to do this.

A tunnel is basically a really big pipe. Fill a pipe with the right ratio of a flammable gas and oxygen and light one end of it and you get a flame front moving through the pipe. That flame front accelerates very rapidly, picking up bith speed and energy. The flame front will accelerate beyond the speed of sound. At the exit of the pipe the pressure wave has tremendous power. It will blow the shit out of whater is around it. If that pipe (tunnel) is a little thin along its length the pressure wave from the flame front will blow bits of ground around and make one hell of a mess out of any structure above it.

When the illegals and smugglers try tunneling under the wall we'll be better off filling the tunnels with concrete.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, a tough-on-crime conservative Democrat, will not accept a post with the Department of Homeland Security.

It had been announced last month that he was taking a job as assistant secretary in DHS’s Office of Public Engagement. He was to serve as a liaison between DHS and local and state law enforcement agencies, according to The Daily Caller.

Clarke’s advisor, Craig J. Peterson, said in a statement, “Sheriff Clarke is 100% committed to the success of President Trump, and believes his skills could be better utilized to promote the President's agenda in a more aggressive role.”

Peterson added, “Last Tuesday Sheriff Clarke met with President Trump and discussed other roles where the Sheriff could be of greater assistance to the President, and the Country. The Sheriff is reviewing options inside and outside of government.”

Clarke, who built a following among conservatives with his provocative social media presence, was a vocal supporter of Trump during his 2016 campaign. According to The Washington Post, he has been accused of plagiarism for his master’s thesis at the Naval Postgraduate School, and he has drawn scrutiny for conditions in his jails that left one mentally ill inmate dead who prosecutors say was deprived of water as punishment.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...d-security-post.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:

A tunnel is basically a really big pipe. Fill a pipe with the right ratio of a flammable gas and oxygen and light one end of it and you get a flame front moving through the pipe. That flame front accelerates very rapidly, picking up bith speed and energy. The flame front will accelerate beyond the speed of sound. At the exit of the pipe the pressure wave has tremendous power. It will blow the shit out of whater is around it. If that pipe (tunnel) is a little thin along its length the pressure wave from the flame front will blow bits of ground around and make one hell of a mess out of any structure above it.

If we light the match on our end, and the other end explodes, I don't see a problem with this. If the Mexicans don't like the explosions on their side of the border, they should stop the cartels from digging tunnels.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

If we light the match on our end, and the other end explodes, I don't see a problem with this. If the Mexicans don't like the explosions on their side of the border, they should stop the cartels from digging tunnels.
I like the way you think!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

When the illegals and smugglers try tunneling under the wall we'll be better off filling the tunnels with concrete.

Yeah, I guess I should have included some smiley faces. I seriously doubt that the American public would have the stomach for any approach so likely to be fatal to Tunnel folks, be it an oversized rodenator, collapsing the tunnel with compactors, or any other approach. Leaving aside the leftists who want to import illegals to vote for their candidates and focusing just on those who want the illegals out, I'd bet that the percentage that thinks killing them wholesale to keep them out is a good idea, or even okay, is vanishingly small.

For every bad guy, gangbanger, criminal illegal, there are likely several who are good hard-working people trying to provide for their families. While those folks shouldn't be able to come in without going through the legal process, killing them to keep them out seems a bit extreme. Now for the gangbangers, criminals (beyond the crime of illegal entry), drug dealers, etc the calculus may be a little different, but I don't know how you tell who is who when they are in a tunnel...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
How successful was Trump’s tech summit?

Jun. 19, 2017 - 4:45 - Richard Grenell, former U.S. spokesman at the U.N., tech expert Kurt Knutsson, Wall Street Journal senior video reporter Shelby Holliday and Independent Women’s Forum senior fellow Jillian Melchior on President Trump’s tech summit.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...5001/?#sp=show-clips

Hard to believe we are behind in the Super Computer area compared to China.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...sc-to-obama-library/

The National Security Council cannot hand over records relating to former National Security Adviser Susan Rice’s surveillance of Americans, because they have been moved to the Obama presidential library and may be sealed for as may as five years, conservative watchdog Judicial Watch announced Monday.

The NSC informed Judicial Watch in a letter dated May 23 that materials related to Rice’s requests to know the identities of Americans swept up in surveillance of foreign targets, including any Trump campaign or transition officials, have been moved to the library.

The NSC’s Director of Access Management John Powers said in the letter:

Documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library. You may send your request to the Obama Library. However, you should be aware that under the Presidential Records Act, Presidential records remain closed to the public for five years after an administration has left office.

Judicial Watch earlier this year filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for those documents, including of communications between Rice and any intelligence community member or agency regarding any Russian involvement in the 2016 elections, the hacking of Democratic National Committee computers, or any suspected communications between Russia and Trump officials.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the group will seek to find out when the records were moved, and warned of legal actions. He said:

Prosecutors, Congress, and the public will want to know when the National Security Council shipped off the records about potential intelligence abuses by the Susan Rice and others in the Obama White House to the memory hole of the Obama Presidential Library. We are considering our legal options but we hope that the Special Counsel and Congress also consider their options and get these records.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Now that's some bullshit right there, and the chance that it's a mere coincidence is about one in eleventy kabillion. Bunch of crooked motherfuckers did that shit on purpose.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
^ Now that's some bullshit right there, and the chance that it's a mere coincidence is about one in eleventy kabillion. Bunch of crooked motherfuckers did that shit on purpose.

Yeah, that is some serious next level working the system right there.....wow.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I assume those documents belong to the US Government, couldn't they be subpoenaed or something?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dirty as the day is long. Bastards.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
But President Trump is obstructing justice by hoping? Yeah, right. Melon farmers.

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Good work being done to revamp the Government and save costs and upgrade technology. How sweet it is. More winning. Smile

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...5001/?#sp=show-clips

A lot of archaic equipment being used in government IT: Wilbur Ross

Jun. 20, 2017 - 6:14 - Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on President Trump's meeting with Tech CEOs, efforts to modernize the government's information systems, cyber security and tax reform.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post