SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So we're funding Hamas with our tax dollars, still. Brilliant!

(eye roll)

We've been buying their support for years and years. They've been paying suicide bombers families for years and years. We aren't writing a check to terrorists directly. This is not new or news. The only thing that has changed is we gave them a small bump in the amount of the bribe.

I know it isn't new (hence the "still" in my comment), but it is and was incredibly fucked up, and while I suppose it's technically correct that we aren't funding their terrorist wing directly, we're giving my money and your money to the fucking brother or cousin of the terrorists who are in turn handing that loot over (essentially) while we're standing there looking with our johnsons in hand, as though there's nothing wrong with it, all the while being BFFs with Israel, too. We fund the bombers and loons who kill our friends and us, and we fund our and everyone else's attempts to fight it. It's beyond absurd, new or not.

That we now give them even more is bafflingly recockulous, and it all needs to end.

I don't care how relatively "small" such things are compared to our totals, it can be 1% or .0000001%, it's a matter of principle, and generally - fuck Palestine (and Hamas) anyway.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
If anyone can't see that the "team" Mueller is putting together is just a hit squad going after Trump they are blind. I have NO faith in either Mueller or the entire process. He is a carreer DC operative. Just look at who he has hired. So far everyone had deep ties to the Democratic political establishment. I heard the same bullshit stories about how Comey had such a "high moral character" being used to describe Mueller. Not to metion that he is a close personal friend of Comey's. And we are expected to believe he is going to be impartial? Give me a break.

This has hatchet job written all over it. The democrats wanted Clinton to be cleared of mishandling classified info, for violating the federal records act, and for a host of other things. And she was. Now they want Trump to be found guilty of obstruction, and I have no doubt that Mueller will deliver that exact finding to them.

Shit, we should just surrender now.

Maybe. I dunno though. I can't tell you how many times I've thought he might have made a mistake only to learn that he has everything under control and is just playing a long enough game that one can't always tell where he is headed.

Any more, when I think he may have really stepped in it, I just laugh and wait to watch it all unfold.

Our President is not playing checkers.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...636001#sp=show-clips

Former U.S. Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey on the special counsel investigating President Trump for obstruction of justice.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories any stories attributed to anonymous 'officials,'"(Deputy Attorney General) Rosenstein said in a statement, "particularly when they do not identify the country — let alone the branch or agency of government — with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated." http://www.foxnews.com/politic...onymous-reports.html

I think that to avoid further confusion, the anonymous sources need to be categorized into two basic groups.

Those who love pudding, and those who don't. For example, "anonymous sources who love pudding confirm...".

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
"Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories any stories attributed to anonymous 'officials,'"(Deputy Attorney General) Rosenstein said in a statement, "particularly when they do not identify the country — let alone the branch or agency of government — with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated." http://www.foxnews.com/politic...onymous-reports.html

I think that to avoid further confusion, the anonymous sources need to be categorized into two basic groups.

Those who love pudding, and those who don't. For example, "anonymous sources who love pudding confirm...".

Or ignored entirely. The media uses anonymous sources and refuses at all costs to ever name any of them. In that scenario, who can say it isn't fiction, like the plot of the latest sitcom?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
like the plot of the latest sitcom?

Star Trek: DS9?

To me it all leads back to the Ferengi Unwritten Rule, "When no appropriate rule applies... make one up".

But I might be reading too much into that.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Trump Administration Plans Summer Announcement of Wall Prototypes

President Donald Trump’s administration plans to announce design finalists for his “big beautiful wall” soon.

The announcement will take place sometime in the summer of this year, according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesperson. It will include four to eight designs for wall “prototypes” to be constructed in San Diego.

The exact date and details of the prototypes announcement have not been set, but is expected to be a major milestone for the president’s promised project.

Trump supporters will soon see for themselves exactly what the wall might look like after the contracts are awarded and constructions of the prototypes are completed.

The prototypes will allow officials to see and test the designs for themselves, according to the CBP, before making a decision on the final design for the planned wall on the Southern border.

It is unclear whether President Trump will be part of the public announcement of the prototype finalists. The White House did not respond to questions from Breitbart News about the president’s deliberations on the wall or the upcoming announcement on wall prototypes.

But some of the final designs may differ from Trump’s campaign vision of a solid wall made of “hardened concrete, rebar, and steel.”

The CBP proposal requests called for both a solid concrete wall and a see-through structure, but share the same goal of preventing illegal border crossings into the United States. Officials confirm that both types of structures may be included in the final prototype decision.

Some Trump supporters were frustrated after the administration failed to get funding for the wall in the FYI 2017 budget funding agreement, allowing Congressional Democrats to claim a key victory.

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney and White House press secretary Sean Spicer defended the administration’s progress, however, pointing out that they secured funding for “bollard” border structures, that would help prevent illegal border crossings. Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly described the structures as a “see-through steel wall.”

Trump has also floated the idea of a wall covered with solar panels, suggesting that it might help the wall pay for itself.

The president’s FY2018 budget includes a $2.6 funding request for “a physical wall” on the Southern Border, but Congress has not approved it yet.

“We are absolutely dead serious about the wall,” Mulvaney said in May after releasing the budget proposal, calling it one of the president’s “top three” budget priorities.

While in office, the president has repeatedly updated the public about the wall, arguably his biggest campaign promise that his mostly loyal supporters are watching closely.

“The wall will be a great help and that will happen, believe me,” Trump said, after meeting with Republican congressional leaders in June.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ion-wall-prototypes/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Gov. Huckabee just told Shannon Bream that the credibility of the media these days is "somewhere between a ouija board and Tokyo Rose."

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Gov. Huckabee just told Shannon Bream that the credibility of the media these days is "somewhere between a ouija board and Tokyo Rose."

I always loved Huckabee. Pretty straight shooter.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
While the Libs are busy with their witch hunt, President Trump just keeps on rolling Big Grin

An Obama-era immigration program intended to protect parents of U.S. citizens and legal residents from deportation has been formally cancelled, fulfilling a key campaign promise from President Trump, the Homeland Security Department announced late Thursday.

Homeland Security John Kelly formally revoked a policy memo that created the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans program. The revocation came on the fifth anniversary of another effort that has protected hundreds of thousands of young immigrants from deportation.

The program to protect parents was announced by President Obama in November 2014 but was never fully launched because it was blocked by a federal court, according to Reuters.

It was intended to keep the immigrant parents safe from deportation and provide them with a renewable work permit good for two years, but it was blocked by a federal judge in Texas after 26 states filed suit against the federal government and challenged the effort’s legality.

Republicans decried the effort as “backdoor amnesty” and argued that Obama overstepped his authority by protecting a specific class of immigrants living in the United States illegally.

The protection program for parents, like the one for young immigrants, was created with a policy memo during the Obama administration. Both programs required that participants meet certain conditions, including not having a criminal history. As part of the expansion to protect immigrant parents living in the United States illegally, the Obama administration also sought to provide the young immigrants with work permits good for three years at a time. That provision was also blocked by the Texas judge.

Revoking the memo and ending the stalled program fulfill a key campaign promise by Trump, who pledged to “immediately” cancel both efforts. Trump has not said what he plans to do about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, but so far most immigrants protected by the effort have not been targeted by stepped-up efforts to find and deport immigrants living in the country illegally. As of March 31, about 787,000 young immigrants have been approved for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, according to government data.

Arrests of immigrants in the interior of the country have increased under the Trump administration, but deportations are slightly down as fewer people have been caught crossing the Mexican border into the United States illegally.

Trump has made immigration enforcement a top priority and has vowed to continue a crackdown on those living in U.S. illegally and those trying to sneak into the country.

Reuters reported that Trump previously said that his administration was considering different options.

“They shouldn’t be very worried,” Trump told ABC News in January, referring to DACA recipients. “I do have a big heart.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...rom-deportation.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh yeah? Well it's on the way up. Now it's 50% LINK

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It you watch TV news or any late night or stand up comedy shows it is nothing but a constant stream of anti-Trump hate. Does anyone wonder why someone finally went over the edge?

It's also ironic that the left claims to be the standard bearer for appropriate behaviour, always reminding us that words hurt and how important it is to not demean or belittle anyone. Yet their favourite shows and news sources provide a constant stream of vitriol, name calling and dehumanising adjectives when discussing Trump and his family.

You call it ironic.

I call it hypocrisy.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
While the Libs are busy with their witch hunt, President Trump just keeps on rolling Big Grin ...

Maybe DJT is the "TweekyLeaker", and is doing it to keep the GDC's busy so he can get some work done... Razz

"TrumpPunking"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Something for Friday:

quote:
The Rules Of Trump Club:

The first rule of Trump Club is: Don’t believe anything the Leftstream Media reports about him.

The second rule of Trump Club is: DON’T BELIEVE ANYTHING the Leftstream Media reports about him.

The third rule of Trump Club is: Check Trump’s Twitter for news about his Presidency. Bypass the leftoid gatekeepers.

The fourth rule of Trump Club is: Trust Trump’s instincts. He wrote “Art of the Deal’; understand he will do some deal-making as President that won’t mean selling his supporters down the river.

The fifth rule of Trump Club is: Don’t expect Trump to govern like a Democreep or a Recucklican. He is a Jacksonian paradigm shift.

The sixth rule of Trump Club is: Be patient. The man has enemies on all sides. The war for national sovereignty against the Globohomo Bathhouse Alliance won’t be won overnight.

The seventh rule of Trump Club is: Trust YOUR instincts, and stay loyal to Trump. The media wants to sow dissension within Trump’s ranks and among his supporters. Refuse to take their bait. This doesn’t mean criticizing Trump is off-limits, but abandoning him to the jackals every time he makes a trivial move that violates some arcane alt-tenet will betray you, not Trump, as the untrustworthy party.

The eighth rule of Trump Club is: This is our first term in Trump Club. We have to fight.

https://heartiste.wordpress.co...ules-of-trump-club/]

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Here's a thought.

Since the left is hellbent on creating investigations about Russia, collusion, obstruction, etc...; why don't we flood The White House petition page with petitions to form a special prosecutor to investigate Obama on his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and terrorism, Iran nuke deal, take your pick.

Start more petitions calling for the investigations of Holder, the Clinton foundation, Hillary E-mails, Low-retta Lynch and company for obstruction. Let the list go on and on. Let the people make it public that if they're going to target Trump, we want the real criminals targeted with equal fervor.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
don't forget to include Lois 'Slow' Lerner in that collection...

Smile

if they want a special prosecutor for one, lets have a special prosecutor for ALL

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Any provisions for blocking tunnels in the wall contracts/designs. The IDF has problems with the Arabs tunnels under their walls.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
regarding olfuzzy's post above about DAPA, a real hero here was Judge Hanen.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...obamas-dapa-amnesty/

Obama’s DAPA amnesty was not a law, but consisted of Oval Office instructions to deputies that they should not enforce immigration laws against illegal aliens who had children in the United States, sometimes called “anchor babies,” but must instead award work permits to the roughly 4 million illegal-alien parents.

Obama’s DAPA promise of work permits for illegals was quickly blocked by a Texas-based judge, Andre Hanen, amid a lawsuit by a coalition of Governors and Attorneys General.

The judge’s order later was backed by a Supreme Court decision in June 2016, in which all four of the Democratic-appointed judges supported Obama’s Oval Office amnesty.

Since November, the Texas judge and agency officials have been waiting to see if Trump’s administration would defend Obama’s amnesty in court.

A few days after Obama announced his DAPA policy, he showed his radical, open-borders ideology by declaring in a Chicago speech that Americans do not have the right to decide who can immigrate into the United States. He said:

"Sometimes we get attached to our particular tribe, our particular race, our particular religion, and then we start treating other folks differently. And that, sometimes, has been a bottleneck to how we think about immigration. If you look at the history of immigration in this country, each successive wave, there have been periods where the folks who were already here suddenly say, ‘Well, I don’t want those folks’ — even though the only people who have the right to say that are some Native Americans."

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
A few days after Obama announced his DAPA policy, he showed his radical, open-borders ideology by declaring in a Chicago speech that Americans do not have the right to decide who can immigrate into the United States.
Balderdash! Poppycock! Once the US had expanded its bounds to both coasts and established a central government, it certainly did have the right to determine who was allowed to immigrate. Harkening back to the Native Americans was inappropriate, because they were not united with a central government. From a practical viewpoint, only entities with the ability to enforce them are able to make rules governing immigration, and the Native Americans eventually were not able to enforce their rules (although they certainly did try.)

I think we have the ability to enforce our rules, but in recent years have not had the will or guidance to do so. Hopefully, that is now changing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Border Patrol raids Arizona desert camp that helps illegal immigrants

U.S. Border Patrol agents served a search warrant at a non-profit aid camp in the southern Arizona desert Thursday and arrested four Mexican men suspected of being in the country illegally.

The camp, about 11 miles north of the Mexican border, provides medical care for immigrants crossing into the U.S. across the miles-long Sonoran Desert. It has been in operation since 2004, run by the organization No Mas Muertes (No More Deaths).

"The raid on the medical aid camp is unacceptable and a break in our good faith agreements w/BP to respect the critical work of #NoMoreDeaths," the organization said in a tweet.

The NGO said in a statement that 30 armed agents entered the camp with 15 trucks and a helicopter searching for the migrants.

Border Patrol said agents reached out to camp representatives before the raid but the talks were unsuccessful.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the agency said it felt “compelled to seek a search warrant” to question the men and said a similar raid last month resulted in the arrest of eight undocumented men, two of whom had a criminal record.

Camp officials said that in the past few weeks, the heavy presence of law enforcement has deterred people from accessing critical humanitarian assistance.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...egal-immigrants.html

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post