SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
What is the status of the tall, bald guy who was Trump's security chief?

I just saw him following The Boss back to the WH. Is he now SS, or partner, or what?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
I am EXTREMELY proud to be an American today...

I'm always extremely proud to be an American. Today was a special day, because We The People gave tyranny the GTFO. Wink

Plus infinity!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
So proud to see our county Sheriff's Posse ride by the reviewing stand. 2,400 miles to celebrate the peaceful national transition of power. Being the only participant from California makes us even more proud around here.

The Sheriff texted me this morning that the riders and delegation felt so proud to be there and were experiencing swelled patriotism themselves.

It has been a wonderful day.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts as to what Trump's SS handle will be?

Posts: 1106 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:

I don't think it will be Ass clown Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice what buzzword was missing when Trump mentioned the "carnage"?
There was crime, drugs, gangs............

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:

'Mogul'

The First Lady is 'Muse'.

Pence is 'Hoosier'

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The gal on Fox Business News just characterized Senator Schumer's remarks at the Inaugural as "the obituary of the Democrat Party."

Ho ho!

One can hope.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
What is the status of the tall, bald guy who was Trump's security chief?

I just saw him following The Boss back to the WH. Is he now SS, or partner, or what?

Keith Schiller. I had wondered the same thing when I saw him around Trump on the campaign trail after the Secret Service had taken over.

Schiller is going to be "deputy assistant to the president" and "director of Oval Office operations." The exact role hasn't been defined, but I had read he is likely to be a conduit between the Trump/his family and the Secret Service, as well as being a sort of gatekeeper for President Trump's very precious time.

I saw some articles speculating he will continue employing private security (unarmed presumably), but I don't think that's confirmed yet.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wallbanger?
Deplorable?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Imagine how powerless Obama feels now. No more presidents daily brief, no more being "in the loop" for everything that goes on in the world.

It's like his internet went down and no matter how many times he refreshes the page Safari can't connect.

I love it. Smile

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Imagine how powerless Obama feels now. No more presidents daily brief, no more being "in the loop" for everything that goes on in the world.

It's like his internet went down and no matter how many times he refreshes the page Safari can't connect.

I love it. Smile

... he keeps getting Safari reloading, with a popup that asks 'Ignore' or 'Report' ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. Wonder if he'll sporting a beard and an extra 30lbs when he pops up again.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry that he has inflicted himself on Palm Springs. I am so glad I was working there last week and not next week.

They're already dealing with one natural disaster - torrential rain - and now another man-caused disaster

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53787 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
To quote President Ford, "Our long national nightmare is over."

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
. . . a few thoughts.

I hoped Trump would pick Pence because he represents the next generation of the presidency by age.

I liked Pence's success in his home state but I believe years of Trump's influence may add another dimension to his political abilities.

When Trump picked him, I saw Trump as looking to the future of the party and a philosophy that is far from the nose-fensive policies of the left - for years to come. And in the meantime, Pence has the tools to take Trump's brash and mold it through a wider political door.

Also, yesterday's and today's events and respectful national celebrations make the snowflakes and whiners look very small. They are like 3 year old kids throwing fits in a mom's grocery cart. Shame on the left for producing such vapid and immature drones.

One can only hope that a sense of perspective will dawn on them as President Trump leads his team in freeing us to better our lives.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
In his speech, Trump only referred to himself three times. What a relief after 8 yrs. of endless me, my, I and mine.
I'm sure it was unintentional if his speech happened to offend some of the politicians in the crowd behind him. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
I liked Pence's success in his home state but I believe years of Trump's influence may add another dimension to his political abilities.

When Trump picked him, I saw Trump as looking to the future of the party and a philosophy that is far from the nosefensive policies of the left - for years to come. And in the meantime, Pence has the tools to take Trump's brash and mold it through a wider political door.

Another dimension is a good way to put it. When Pence was picked I had to do a little research and my first thought was almost "one dimensional" as it pertains to the modern political landscape. Conservative but old school. I think his time with Trump will broaden not only his appeal but his political accumen without affecting his core beliefs. That is a good thing.

I see him going far.

Fuimus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Man I could watch this all night!

The concert last night gave me a very "Fourth of July" vibe, which is my absolute favorite holiday. So good.

The wife and kids were out today, work and school, so I'm watching it again with them as I type.

Very happy day!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post