SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Sorry I had to cut you off, Nose, but I don’t like my face.”

I have sympathy for that child because he should have had some adult supervision, but I don’t see how Black Rifle has any obligation to him. We whine and moan all the time about other companies that get involved in Leftist social and political issues that should not affect them in the slightest: stick to your business.

Added: I just read the above posts that it wasn’t even the company itself that got involved with the issue, and that certainly means they have no responsibility.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47357 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I have no issues with any business that chooses to remain neutral and avoid dabbling in politics.

truth

more businesses should take this route IMO

just sell a quality product. period.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
This is probably a ways out there, but I’m not sure I can get too excited about punishing a company for an individual’s contributions (or lack of the same), even if he is the CEO.

Once upon a time, as Americans we used to be able to disagree without being disagreeable. I really miss that.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a non-issue. What passes for news these days or, public interest stories, is to point-out what people have posted, their comments or, simply a photo and extrapolate any and all conclusions without any perspective at all other than.....ASSUMING.

I've got no issues with Hafer or, BRCC. In fact, they've actually shown leadership by not kowtowing by not playing the Left's MO of 'getting ahead of the story', condemning and disparaging.

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
So, in researching that he donated to Tulsi Gabbard to pay off lawsuit funding against Hillary Clinton.

I find it hard to be angry.

He also donated to Barrack Obama, along with McCain in 2008.

https://www.fec.gov/data/recei..._date=12%2F31%2F2020

Never tried the coffee, never was on my radar, still isn't.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I have no issue with BRC's statement or position, and do not see where anyone should or could be butthurt over this.

(I do not buy their coffee, but if I did, I would continue as always)
+1. We on this site (myself included) bitch about companies getting involved in political nonsense instead of focusing on their core mission statement of selling products or services. BRCC did what I'd hope all companies would do....focus on doing what they're in business to do.

Bingo ^^^^^

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Black Rifle Coffee markets itself as catering to the pro-2A community, no? As such they have inserted themselves into political nonsense as a matter of business. I get why the Gap or Nike should not be inserting their politics into their business. But if you market your business specifically to target a political side then you have no excuse really for people calling you out on it.

I agree with this guy (also some info on the BRCC donations at about the 4 minute mark).

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12403 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Never go full X-Products.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
We do not support legal advocacy efforts.

That is their choice and a good one.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Black Rifle Coffee markets itself as catering to the pro-2A community, no? As such they have inserted themselves into political nonsense as a matter of business. I get why the Gap or Nike should not be inserting their politics into their business. But if you market your business specifically to target a political side then you have no excuse really for people calling you out on it.

Makes sense.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely no use for turncoats of any kind. They are dead to me. Fuck them or anyone else that wants to give money to the left and not support what’s right. Matt best said on a video that “it was a tragedy” well guess what? Kyle killing a pedophile and a wife beater who were trying to kill him isn’t a tragedy. What’s a tragedy is that they are trying to crucify this kid for doing what ANYONE would have done.

I now used to listen to their podcast and it’s pretty obvious that Evan is a never Trumper and now he’s proven that he’s not really on our side after all

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh, he donated to Tulsi because she's fellow veteran, and that she needs the dough to help with the cost of suing Hillary.

Oh, he donated to the Kenyan because he lost a bet with someone.

Oh, he donated to Actblue, because......."Hey guys, what's my excuse, now?"

You actively donated to leftists who will take away our freedom, while at the same time you pretend to be neutral with your press release? With allies like you, who needs enemies?

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Black Rifle Coffee markets itself as catering to the pro-2A community, no?
Not to try and be cute, but is Rittenhouse really a 2A specific issue? I think BRCC can be pro 2A on a number of levels without inserting itself into criminal investigations/cases.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not yet bashing BRCC, but on what levels are they pro 2A?

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Mike Lindell and Ricky Schroeder donated the money that put the fund over the top allowing Rittenhouse to meet bail. I'm surprised the left Hollywood elite aren't attacking them especially Schroeder seeing he is a conservative actor.

Ole Mikey is catching some hell on YouTube.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Mike Lindell and Ricky Schroeder donated the money that put the fund over the top allowing Rittenhouse to meet bail. I'm surprised the left Hollywood elite aren't attacking them especially Schroeder seeing he is a conservative actor.

Ole Mikey is catching some hell on YouTube.

He's one of the strongest supporters of the President. The man also has been through hell and back, so he probably doesn't give a shit.

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Black Rifle Coffee markets itself as catering to the pro-2A community, no?
Not to try and be cute, but is Rittenhouse really a 2A specific issue? I think BRCC can be pro 2A on a number of levels without inserting itself into criminal investigations/cases.

Just my opinion but based on the videos I saw Kyle used a gun to defend his life. Not sure how that’s not a 2A issue.

As far as BRCC being pro 2A they clearly market that way. AK espresso, freedom fuel are coffee flavors. I know I see them advertised on YouTube gun channels and conservative shows like Crowder.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12403 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seems to me that the US Supreme Court recognizing the Second Amendment protects an individual right with self defense being a valid use of that right in District of Columbia v. Heller places Rittenhouse's case squarely in Second Amendment territory.

quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Not yet bashing BRCC, but on what levels are they pro 2A?

“The Second Amendment speaks for the entire ethos of the company,” Hafer tells me. “A firearm is woven into the DNA of the country. The American Revolution was fought and won with a firearm.”

Link - The National Review

Posts: 10797 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not impressed with the response of BRCC to this situation. I have no problem with them not engaging in legal activism, or not contributing to the defense fund. But their fence-sitting response rubbed me the wrong way. I would rather have seen them make an unequivocal statement of support or at least solidarity with Rittenhouse. Instead it came across as them going out of their way to make it abundantly clear that they did not in any way support his legal defense fund financially. The most generous interpretation was that it was at minimum a clumsy PR blunder, but the CEO has been doubling down, so maybe not.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
But their fence-sitting response rubbed me the wrong way. I would rather have seen them make an unequivocal statement of support or at least solidarity with Rittenhouse.

Why? How would that meaningfully contribute to Rittenhouse's situation, or do anything for their business other than potentially alienate 50% of their customers?

Folks here routinely denounce companies who put out "unequivocal statements of support" for leftist causes, crying that they should shut up and sell their products instead of making political statements that risk pissing off half their potential customers, and promising boycotts and nasty emails to corporate.

But now because it's a cause from the side of the political spectrum with which ya'll agree, BRCC's response should be the opposite? They literally just did what folks wish a lot of other companies would do.

I don't understand that level of cognitive dissonance.

Sadly, Jerry nailed it in the very first response...

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The thing about conservatives is that we won’t let the left take down conservative businesses. We ll do it ourselves. Roll Eyes

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post