SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun-wielding road-rager gets put in the forever box
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun-wielding road-rager gets put in the forever box Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
On July 12 we were driving home from a long trip. We stopped at the rest area located at the intersection of state route 26 and highway 395 located about 50 miles north of Tri-cities, Washington. Who else was enjoying break in the shade on a very hot day? About a dozen members of the Mongols MC, at least that’s the name on the backs of their jackets (one would have to be suicidal to be a poser in that world).

Before all the potential and observed “interactions” between the driver of the white truck or the blue car occurred replace either person and their vehicle with a few of the MC members above and ask yourself would an escalation have occurred? I think not. Either driver (assuming both played a role) would have thought about consequences (taken the long view) and stowed their offended ego. So, if it would be possible to stow the ego in the scenario above it’s possible to do so always.

Sometimes in these escalating cases of rage there is a decided imbalance of risk; one person has no property, money, nor reputation at risk while the other person has much to lose. The person in the white truck may well be cleared by the police but that does not mean he is free of consequences no matter how unjust those consequences might be.

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Very well put. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Posts: 5897 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Thread Drift Alert!

Hey Lefty Sig - Noticing you are eligible, and yet you do not have a CUT. May I suggest the following, which was a retort you posted in the linked thread...Just sayin' Wink

Left-Handed, NOT Left-Winged!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610034905#8610034905

Perfect! How do I add it?

Posts: 4908 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Hey SigMonkey - do the custom Avatars work again?

Posts: 4908 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
email me and we can try.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Post a request in the Sig Forum Office section:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=550601935

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Thread Drift Alert!

Hey Lefty Sig - Noticing you are eligible, and yet you do not have a CUT. May I suggest the following, which was a retort you posted in the linked thread...Just sayin' Wink

Left-Handed, NOT Left-Winged!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610034905#8610034905

Just head over to the SIGforum Office --> https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/550601935

Start a thread titled 'CUT Request' and tell Para you would like to choose that for your CUT and he will make it so!
**Extra points if you provide a story/explanation as to why you would like the CUT your are requesting...Just kidding, but I believe it's appreciated. Wink

FYI - If you were not aware, SIGforum members are eligible and generally granted a CUT after 10 years of membership if you request it.

ETA - V-Tail beat my to it...I type Pretty SLOW! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hand, wing. A wing by any other names is still a wing. Razz

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
That’s an awesome CUT with a funny backstory!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2537 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post