SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun-wielding road-rager gets put in the forever box
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun-wielding road-rager gets put in the forever box Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The family and friends are understandably and justifiably stating their shock and sorrow and saying what a great person he was. Which is usually the case, be it true or not.

As I said elsewhere, you can be the greatest person on earth,a walking saint 99.9% of the time, it only takes 30 seconds of being an asshole to tip the scales and trade it all in.

Posts: 21409 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

he thought he would intimidate someone, he was wrong.
Dead wrong.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Blows my mind people risk their lives over something like that.

He was disrespected and his dominance challenged. He had to jump out and reassert his inflated ego on bad man.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 400 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From videos prior to the one linked it looks like the guy in the car is being a petty asshole and holding up traffic a bit. He’s probably butt hurt over the size of truck behind him. The truck passes, the car races around another vehicle to cut around in front if the truck, he stops and runs over to the truck to pickup his prize.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 400 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Sounds like blue car guy had issues.

Yes. He thought he was responsible for controlling the speed of other traffic, then got upset when that traffic passed them once possible.

White truck guy couldn’t just pass the guy and let it go though, could he? No, he cut in as close as he could to blue car guy.

It’s perfect example of escalation and how far do you want to take it?

Where did you see that? I watched all of the dashcam videos, and can only say that the blue car guy seemed way more concerned with the white truck behind him that keeping up with the blue truck in front of him. To my eye that the pass on the was not overly aggressive, and that he just got on the gas and came around, so to speak. It seem the blue car guy simply had the I'm ahead of you mentality, sped up on the pass, couldn't match the acceleration of the white truck, and raged after he got passed.

ETA - We shouldn't overlook the possibility that, by speeding up when being overtaken, blue car guy put himself in the blindspot of a lifted pickup for much longer than the white truck driver hay have anticipated. Also note that the white pickup doesn't swerve hard in front of the blue car as evidenced by the zero body roll of the truck, which remained flat on the suspension throughout.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Looks like the GavinDasaur is now an extinct creature.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3357 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We don’t have any idea how fast blue car guy was going through the construction zone. Just maybe, he was going the speed limit and white truck guy was tailgating. Really, we don’t know.

What I can see is: coming out of the construction zone, blue car guy moves to the right lane, white truck guy passes blue car guy and cuts immediately in front of blue car guy into the right lane. It was a dick move. There was plenty of room in the left lane for white truck guy to pass and safely change lanes.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
What speed they were going, how they passed or blocked the other vehicle are JMO not material, none of that was an assault or threat on the others life.

At the time Blue Car guy decided it was ok to pull his gun out and approach a vehicle he signed his death warrant, at that point he was a viable threat weapon drawn and fair game.

Nothing that happened prior was life threatening, however it is a stark reminder to all, road rage can be deadly, if not for being armed that pickup owner could be the one dead, and for that Blue Car Guy would be spending life in prison for murder.

JMO...

Not much different than this Road Rage self defense shooting, and incidentally, Indiana again...

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much of this sort of thing could be avoided if there was something resembling traffic enforcement? People are allowed to run wild on streets. No insurance, no license, no cares. Traffic enforcement has been shifted to selectively pull over the most likely candidate for probable cause searches. Surely we can do both.

“That’s what.” - She

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
What speed they were going, how they passed or blocked the other vehicle are JMO not material, none of that was an assault or threat on the others life.

At the time Blue Car guy decided it was ok to pull his gun out and approach a vehicle he signed his death warrant, at that point he was a viable threat weapon drawn and fair game.

Nothing that happened prior was life threatening, however it is a stark reminder to all, road rage can be deadly, if not for being armed that pickup owner could be the one dead, and for that Blue Car Guy would be spending life in prison for murder.

JMO...

I agree. Anything white truck guy may or may not have done was over and done with when both vehicles were parked. Blue car guy jumping of his car with his gun drawn is new attack and white truck guy responded accordingly.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
What did the green tshirt dude have in his hands? Kinda looks like a pistol….but maybe not.

Are you blind?

That was a pistol in his hand, clear as day, and then he started raising it up to the window and that’s when he met his maker.

PASig, I'll defer to your greatness...but I was watching it on my phone. I thought it was a gun initially. When he switched hands, it's like maybe a flashlight or something else. I came to SF for confirmation....which I got in spades. Thanks.

I apologize if I don't have superior eyesight and intellect perhaps more commonplace in your neck of the woods.

P229

Posts: 3953 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Gavin's not mad anymore.

Posts: 8924 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
And he solved any issues he had.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Actually, he passed the gun from the right to the left hand, then proceeded to raise the right hand and tried to reach into the car. That's when he met his maker. Either way, he deserved it.

Yes, that was an interesting move. Wonder what was going through his mind? Just then, I mean.

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Wonder what was going through his mind? Just then, I mean.

9mm

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Posts: 8924 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Sounds like blue car guy had issues.

Yes. He thought he was responsible for controlling the speed of other traffic, then got upset when that traffic passed them once possible.
White truck guy couldn’t just pass the guy and let it go though, could he? No, he cut in as close as he could to blue car guy.

It’s perfect example of escalation and how far do you want to take it?

You must be looking at an original file because all I saw was the white truck move the right lane and speed up. The blue car fell way to the back and then comes charging up and goes left of center to pass both vehicles. That road rage was all one sided.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must have to have an account or something because I only see the one video and post. Anything exciting happen in the other videos?

You don't see 4 different one-minute videos scrolling down?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16996 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You must have an account to see anything more than an initial post in a given thread.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since a lot of the discussion is on who pissed whom off first, heres the video of the last confrontations ending in BT guys demise.

Which again JMO before BT got out with a gun, it was just two assholes on the road.

And it's a clear warning to people who think it's ok to brake check or play cop and force someone to go super slow, fuck with people..

You might just end up like BT Guy.

https://x.com/guyrelford/status/1813998485781565899

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post