SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun-wielding road-rager gets put in the forever box
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun-wielding road-rager gets put in the forever box Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What did the green tshirt dude have in his hands? Kinda looks like a pistol….but maybe not.

P229

Posts: 3953 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Are you a defense lawyer? Big Grin Dude fucked around and found out. Doesn’t matter what it was, he thought he would intimidate someone, he was wrong.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6643 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
From the Twitter/X account:

The driver was released after it was determined that “he might have acted in self defense.”

Might? Unless they know something nefarious that they’re not telling us, “might” might not be the right word.

Hey, It's Indy! They have a law against having sharp objects in your pocket. Really.

Posts: 6753 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2850 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
What did the green tshirt dude have in his hands? Kinda looks like a pistol….but maybe not.

you serious?

he had a pistol.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8180 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
"Well, I got me this here gun. I'm a gonna get right up there and rage at him. Ain't no way in hell he got a gun himself."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Here's videos from someone's dash cam.

https://x.com/guyrelford/status/1813997633523814433

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39875 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^ Was there more than just one video showing the blue car turning onto the road?

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
^^^ Was there more than just one video showing the blue car turning onto the road?

Scroll through the post. Subsequent replies have the rest of the videos.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6904 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Must have to have an account or something because I only see the one video and post. Anything exciting happen in the other videos?

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
The other videos show the blue sedan driving slower than traffic, proceeding through a construction zone. Then, the road opens up and the white truck passes the sedan, at which point the sedan accelerates and tries to cut off the white truck, eventually pulling around the truck with the dashcam on the side of oncoming traffic, generally driving like an asshole. The last video shows the sedan on the side of the road, but I don't see the white truck or confrontation. I heard shots and the driver of the dashcam truck calling 911.

At least, that is what I saw.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Sounds like blue car guy had issues.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
One thing I don't like about the Musk-owned twitter is that you're no longer able to see the replies. Just the original post and that's it.

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like blue car guy had issues.

Yes. He thought he was responsible for controlling the speed of other traffic, then got upset when that traffic passed them once possible.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15877 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Thank you. Sounds like blue car guy had issues.

https://x.com/guyrelford/status/1813998485781565899

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6904 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Did this happen last year? That dash cam says 2023. I was under the impression it happened more recently.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Sounds like blue car guy had issues.

Yes. He thought he was responsible for controlling the speed of other traffic, then got upset when that traffic passed them once possible.
White truck guy couldn’t just pass the guy and let it go though, could he? No, he cut in as close as he could to blue car guy.

It’s perfect example of escalation and how far do you want to take it?

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Looks like a clear case of self-defense and "stupid gets as stupid does."

In Virginia, the rager, had he survived, would have been convicted of brandishing a firearm, a felony with a five year minimum sentence.

As I learned in a class on the law of self-defense in Virginia, as an average armed citizen, the only time you pull a gun is when you absolutely need to use it in that instant to defend yourself or another.

Otherwise, leave it holstered and deescalate and/or depart.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32120 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

Are you blind?

That was a pistol in his hand, clear as day, and then he started raising it up to the window and that’s when he met his maker.

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Are you blind?

That was a pistol in his hand, clear as day, and then he started raising it up to the window and that’s when he met his maker.

Actually, he passed the gun from the right to the left hand, then proceeded to raise the right hand and tried to reach into the car. That's when he met his maker. Either way, he deserved it.

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post