SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers for my son please 22Jul76-2Jul21 *status pgs 13,16 & 17* Final thoughts pg18
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for my son please 22Jul76-2Jul21 *status pgs 13,16 & 17* Final thoughts pg18 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Most unfortunate, he's but a few years younger than I. At this age, I'm coming across more and more people of my generation that are passing, not necessarily from any one cause but, the results of illness, career impact and life catching up. Prayers and well wishes to you and your family.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Again, the sigforum family delivers!

Kudos and thanks to Steve aka HRK
for steering me to the appropriate non-attorney probate method in California for getting bona fides to handle Erich's meager estate where no Will exists. Saved me the pain, heartache, and frustration in trying to break the code myself.

I know I'm being redundant but the outpouring of prayers, condolences, and generous flat out help has been amazing and truly appreciated. My words are inadequate.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss Frown

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Bob, I'm just returning from a trip and seeing this for the first time. I am very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. You have my condolences.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
status #2
A number of veterans groups and agencies have learned in the past few days of Erich's passing and they have started reaching out to me. Apparently the word is spreading wider and wider on social media (which I am not a part of).

California mortuary paperwork is close to being submitted. Just having to get Erich's mom's signature on some with witnesses. All signatures require a 250% blow up of a picture ID. Smile

What with the Sturgis motorcycle being held the first week of August, his military interment at the Black Hills National Cemetery in Sturgis will probably not take place until mid-late August. More and more of his contacts information is being found so that is a good thing as we will be able to reach out to them beforehand.

Other issues are moving along, many despite the bureaucratic morass that surrounds them.

I remain overwhelmed what with all the other things on my plate that I've described in the earlier status update.

Still, the sigforum family here has been tremendously supportive for which I have insufficient words for expressing my gratitude.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your family. May you find peace

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2179 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
An article my deceased son wrote not all that long ago about his service dog Stark.

Sorry the images aren't all that clear but you can go direct to the article via the link below.

Pages 30-31
https://issuu.com/adminhlm/doc...s_magazine_aug._2020

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Your son was an amazing young man, you raised him well, I'm so sorry for the short time he was here. I'm certain he's in Gods loving arms in heaven. My continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family. God Bless!

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your son and deepest condolences for you and your Family. John

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great article, and you sir are more than welcome glad to help.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Bob, in all this I forgot to ask after Stark. How's the pup doing?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Bob, in all this I forgot to ask after Stark. How's the pup doing?

His anxiety at the loss of Erich was terrible. He has had to have follow up chemo treatment. As I post this he is en route to Colorado and has the support of Carol at pawsteams.org who trained him. When Erich's interment is scheduled Stark will be brought to the Black Hills for transfer to Erich's mother who will take him back to the Tampa area where he will continue any treatment and live out his days in retirement.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’m just now seeing this and saddened to hear this news. I can not imagine the loss of my children. Erich sounds like he was an outstanding guy and I’m sorry for your family’s loss.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Another item developing I need to struggle with:

California probate without a will.

Will things ever end allowing us to grieve? Frown

Perhaps Aetocles can suggest probate counsel in the LA area if you haven't found someone. He is very gracious, and I do not think he would object to me suggesting that you email him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Perhaps Aetocles can suggest probate counsel in the LA area if you haven't found someone. He is very gracious, and I do not think he would object to me suggesting that you email him.

Appreciate the gesture but Steve aka HRK has already cleared the air for me. I posted about that near the top of this page above.

I will be filing for a Small Estate Affidavit in California after the requisite 40 days following death. This in lieu of probate for estates less than $150k with no Will.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Appreciate the gesture but Steve aka HRK has already cleared the air for me. I posted about that near the top of this page above.

I will be filing for a Small Estate Affidavit in California after the requisite 40 days following death. This in lieu of probate for estates less than $150k with no Will.

I am glad you got that sorted out.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Still also receiving email condolences and prayers for which I am thankful.

And continued outpouring of help, support, and thanks from a myriad of Veterans Groups. Erich touched more lives than I ever could have imagined.

Best summary yet of my son:

He was a disabled vet who turned his physical and mental wounds into a passion for helping other veterans in distress. He had a huge heart and unlimited compassion for his brothers and sisters who served. Erich and Stark were volunteers for many organizations including but not limited to:
-- Team Rubicon
-- The Warrior Connection
-- Team Red, White, and Blue
-- The Mission Continues
-- Wounded Warrior Project
-- Team Semper Fi
-- Pawsitive Teams

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers for you all.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This is absurd!

My son's registration had just expired while he was trying to get the California DMV to give him a disabled veteran credit.

We've been unable to find the Title and California insists they be paid $1340 (at least that's what it was in 2018) to register the 2003 Toyota 4Runner before they'll issue a duplicate of the title.

Sadly South Dakota says I have to deal with them here:

Talk about highway robbery! There must be a better solution. Anyone?

USN (RET), COTEP #192