SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers for my son please 22Jul76-2Jul21 *status pgs 13,16 & 17* Final thoughts pg18
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for my son please 22Jul76-2Jul21 *status pgs 13,16 & 17* Final thoughts pg18 Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Parents weren't meant to bury their children. My condolences.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family. You are in my prayers.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Back in 2017 Erich was working for a company who provided on site medical support. This included clients ranging from construction companies to movie sets. He and Stark traveled all of the US to support customers.

He had some fun with actor Danny Trejo and his team by being included in a series of YouTube videos. Erich had told me Trejo was a very nice guy and that they had become quite friendly. And no, as yet I haven't reached out to Trejo and his team to let them know about Erich's passing.

History's Deadliest Weapons - Man At Arms: Art of War

Join movie fanatic Chuey Martinez and medic Erich Allman as they analyze History's Deadliest Weapons from El Rey's Man At Arms: Art of War, hosted by Danny Trejo. Will Chuey and Erich determine this weapon to be a Stealth Killer or Shelf Filler?

About Man at Arms: Art of War:

Starring Danny Trejo, Man at Arms shows the nobility of craftsmanship. Episodes feature iconic weapons that have played a starring role in some of the most memorable scenes in movies, video games, comics and TV. Expert craftsmen reproduce weapons and armor from scratch to create historical, modern and mythological works of martial art for testing by experts in real-world applications.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
bald1

email inbound.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
bald1

email inbound.

Didn't receive anything so I've emailed you. Thanks!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried to email you, but it bounced. May have resource in Central California who might be able to suggest facilities for cremation. Just email me if you need assistance.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Tried to email you, but it bounced. May have resource in Central California who might be able to suggest facilities for cremation. Just email me if you need assistance.

Thanks, getting help from BigCity at present on this issue.

If my email bounced it is probably because you used an "i" or "l" instead of the numeral one in my bald1 part of my email address. It's been the most common reason why. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
My condolences, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Your family is in our prayers.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you and your family.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Another item developing I need to struggle with:

California probate without a will.

Will things ever end allowing us to grieve? Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
As a father, I cannot imagine how hard this is. As the father of a disabled vet, I understand a little, but can never grasp the full depth of loss. You have my sincerest condolences, and best wishes.

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

I'm not from LA but it might be worth taking a look at Clarity Funerals

https://www.clarityfunerals.com/

It's owned by Caitlin Doughty, a mortician who also runs a youtube channel that helps dispel some of the confusion with the funeral process. She seems to be no BS and may be able to help simplify the whole process for you.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the suggestions about a crematorium in LA County. Member BigCity (check his "cut" under his avatar in his post a few up this page) has been invaluable in helping me navigate things and selecting a LA crematorim. This forum's family continues to provide unselfish stellar counsel, advice, and wisdom to those in need as well as exhibiting generosity with materiel support (e.g sig229-SAS, turning_gal, etc.). Words can not fully express my appreciation.

As things are coming together to get Erich back here for military interment and honors, my next major hurdle will be the probate business. It can be done without an attorney in California but I haven't researched the process yet being completely tied up with other more pressing matters.

Still nothing from the Coroner's Office.....

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
My condolences sir. From what I’ve read he was one heck of a human. May he rest peacefully.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Thanks guys for the suggestions about a crematorium in LA County. Member BigCity (check his "cut" under his avatar in his post a few up this page) has been invaluable in helping me navigate things and selecting a LA crematorim. This forum's family continues to provide unselfish stellar counsel, advice, and wisdom to those in need as well as exhibiting generosity with materiel support (e.g sig229-SAS, turning_gal, etc.). Words can not fully express my appreciation.

As things are coming together to get Erich back here for military interment and honors, my next major hurdle will be the probate business. It can be done without an attorney in California but I haven't researched the process yet being completely tied up with other more pressing matters.

Still nothing from the Coroner's Office.....

Sent you an email, let me know if you get it.

With COVID getting the results from the coroner may take several weeks, in the LA area there may be hundreds of cases ahead of his. We've seen them take up to 4 months. I wouldn't expect it to be soon, its a normal time frame and varies from county to county.

As far as estates and probates, there are a few options, check the email I sent you on how to do it without an attorney in CA..

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Sent you an email, let me know if you get it.

Nope, no email and I checked my ISP and their spam folder as well.

Sending you an email to hopefully close the loop Steve. Thanks.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve, response en route.

Apologies to all... I screwed up my email address listing in my profile which was the cause of email bouncing, etc. It was a change I made a few months back. I really hate "senior moments" like this. Roll Eyes
And yes, it has been properly corrected!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Don't beat yourself up! If I had a quarter for every moronic thing I've done.....

Be well, sir. Sending prayers y'alls way...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post