SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tucker Carlson - I can't watch his program anymore
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucker Carlson - I can't watch his program anymore Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
He has guests on his show but he doesn't really engage them. He lets the guest say what they want to say, and while they're doing so, Carlson is looking at them (or at the camera) with an odd scowl on his face, his brow furrowed. Perhaps I'm missing it, but there doesn't seem to be any back and forth between he and his guests. He just waits until they finish speaking, gives a longer pause than necessary, says their name, thanks them, and that's it. Some of his guests are on screen for a really short length of time. It's weird and I don't recall him behaving this way in the past. I don't think he gives a shit about any of the people he has on his show. It's all painting by the numbers.

When he gives his monologues, he starts out OK, except that the mocking tone he employs is overused and distracting, and then he seems now to always end up making a ridiculous claim or suggestion which gets into the realm of fantasy or even paranoia.

One reason a newscaster might begin acting this way, is if they're tired of their job. He goes through the same spiel four or five nights a week and has been doing so for years. I don't know if he's burnt out or he's losing his marbles or he's gotten into some kind of odd rut and developed this weird style that he can't get away from.

Whatever the case, I have no interest in listening to him anymore.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107499 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find his habit of making some kind of statement and bursting into a silly laugh to be very off putting.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's mocking the left, and while this has its place, he does it as a matter of routine and I don't think the leftists are paying any attention to him now.

I do think he's very tired of what he's doing for living. I'm certain he doesn't mind the money, but beyond that, I think he's burnt out.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Rush had little use for TC in the early years - called him Chatsworth Osbourne Jr and generally made fun of him. Rush praised him before he passed.

I consider all FOX personalities to be Paul Ryan stooges and watch none, other than an occasional internet clip.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I agree, Same old, same old. NOTHING ever comes of the charges and accusations the talking heads report night after night, year after year, decade after decade, then we have to listen to the Lawyers that are "getting to the bottom of the problem". Oh ya, we have a new book out!
Its all money.
My Wife watches Real America Voice (RAV). The group of washed up "journalists" they employ make my skin crawl.
Tucker used to debate at least one guest each night, and I used to laugh because he usually seemed to lose. He has grown to pandering for viewers, relentlessly.
His partners at FOX are even worse now. Ingraham, Hannity, Waters, and the worst is Gutfield. All are always on the verge of a major break in a story, tune in and send money or buy my book or the book the next guest has available.

Time to find something else to do with my time than watch this endless dribble.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
His cackling is getting close to that of kamala. Its just too much to listen to. The only ones on Fox I can watch are Gutfeld and Watters.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I don't disagree with the observations and sentiments regarding his showmanship. I do believe he is one of the more intelligent talking heads, and enjoy his articulation when not accompanied by theatrics. He's easier to watch as a guest on another show versus performing the 20 minute opening remarks of his own. I understand the "laugh out loud while mocking stupid liberal hypocrisy" technique is designed to piss them off. And good for him for doing it I guess. But it's not an appealing style to hear

All that to say I like him, think he's doing an overall good service, but I don't have anyone in my life who talks & acts as he does, and I do not care for childish antics. I hope his style matures because I do think he's sharp and capable of winning debates.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My suspicion is that he's pretty smart but realizes this is all an act.
The problem for him is that it's the highest paid act he's ever had by far so while he's raking in the bucks, he just can't stop.
So there he is each night.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I get a chuckle when ever I watch these "real folks" talk about the cost of inflation and the tough shopping they experience the last time they shopped at Walmart or filled there gas tank.
Tucker is reported to be worth over 420 million dollars and making 35 million a year at FOX, I'm sure all of them are raking in 10's of Millions each year.
For them to pander to us by stating they experience life as we know it is hysterical and make me start to laugh like Tucker, then I just shake my head and turn the channel.
https://caknowledge.com/tucker...h-salary-cars-house/

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Time to find something else to do with my time than watch this endless dribble.

agree
and I am saddened to see his presentation has deteriorated so much in recent months.

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Problem with Tucker and the other FOX news team is that in the Dominion litigation their emails show that they didn't believe President Trump's stolen election claim. On the air one perspective in private the opposite. FOX needs a new news team to counter the mainstream hard left agenda.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t matter who the host is I will get tired of their show. There’s only so much new material you can talk about so it’s easy to start picking up on things you don’t like. I record Tucker every night in case something significant happens but I usually only watch his show once a week.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not as if I have been looking for what I've noticed about his behavior. It's rather obvious now. Frankly, the way he behaves these days is downright weird.

And if he really has anywhere near 420 million dollars then what the Hell is he doing? Just how much money does one need to live however they wish, go wherever they want, buy whatever they want? Life is short. I don't understand these people. Is he going to be happier with another 100 million?

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I tired of it all before Cronkite retired. Nothing has changed but the decimal point. I'm Beatles old this summer. Lots of us can relate.

having enough money is key. Needing more than 400 million is losing sight on the target, and happiness is an inside job. Wealth will not make you happy.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
I tired of it all before Cronkite retired. Nothing has changed but the decimal point.
Walter Cronkite retired in 1981. For the life of me, I don't see how you can say that TV news has not changed in 42 years. This makes no sense to me.

CNN was founded in 1980, and TV news has changed radically since then; so much so, it's unrecognizable from what it was back then. Everything is different now when compared to then.

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
It's all changed radically, except the personality that drives it. Even Dan Rather succumbed to it. I was not disagreeing, only highlighting that money changed it all.

I'm a post Vietnam era vet. I post that for time reference.

I agree, what we now call "news" isn't. It's opinion and hyperbole. But when Rather pulled his stunt, I thought back to my active duty days. Same guys, better paycheck now.

The money tells a story.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I get my Tucker in small Youtube doses. I have the same problem with most of the conservative hosts these days. I was a Rush listener. I enjoyed his program and style. His perspective seemed to be spot on and most times hadn't occurred to me until he said it. It might be pathetic to say, but I miss him. I think because he is gone, my tolerance for other hosts is far less because they are so not him. For the most part now, they are preaching to the choir and I've moved on. I listen to audio books and lectures now. There are some religious discourses I enjoy too.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
TC's ticks and checkered past notwithstanding, I will continue watching. His opening is must-see and he gives a forum to a lot of voices that get little coverage otherwise. The bee he puts into the left's bonnet is worth the price of admission on it's own.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to watch CNN in the late 90's - early 2000's. It was more just "straight news" then. I dropped cable for a few years and got it again in 2005 or 2006. During those few years CNN became unrecognizable to me. Aaron Brown left and was replaced by the likes of Anderson Cooper. It was in that time frame that CNN seems to me to have changed dramatically.

My wife loves Tucker. I havent watched him in years. She is forever calling me in to watch something on his show. Usually I try to keep peace and just watch it. But sometimes I just tell her that I would rather just read the news somewhere and keep my blood pressure down!

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I agree, Same old, same old. NOTHING ever comes of the charges and accusations the talking heads report night after night, year after year, decade after decade, then we have to listen to the Lawyers that are "getting to the bottom of the problem". Oh ya, we have a new book out!

My sentiments exactly. All the prime time anchors on Fox repeat the same problems over and over, night after night, all knowing nothing can or will change. This is why we record these programs and watch them later when we can fast forward thru most of it.

I agree about Tucker being hard to watch lately but I think Hannity is worse.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post