SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia elections November 2021 update: Thanks to everyone who made it happen Login/Join 
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
My guess is that Atty Gen Herring wanted to run for Governor but deferred to MacAuliffe as a former governor. I think we'll hear from Herring in the Governor's race again in the future, whether MacAuliffe wins or loses this year, but in the meantime Herring is on the ballot again for the Attorney General job.

It is hard to find someone who is so against the 2A and law-abiding people owning guns (while the state is undergoing a crime wave).

Early voting in Virginia started on 17 September. If you live in Virginia, you have plenty of time to register and vote.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cook Political Report moves the Virginia Governor Race to "Toss Up"

Get out the vote , and we will win Gov, Lt Gov, and Attorney General

Get proactive. Don't just vote. Contact everyone you know who would vote conservative.

drive them to vote in-person early if that is what it takes

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Toss Up"

In "dominated electorally by NOVA and Richmond" Virginia? For whatever my two cents are worth, that sure sounds like momentum to me.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
For a few days now I've been thinking, "Youngkin really needs to step up the ad campaign in this end of the state, because local TV is covered up with McAuliffe ads."

Well, it looks like it has happened, because I'm seeing a lot more Youngkin ads now, and he appears to be on the attack. In fact, the ads from both campaigns this morning were nothing but attack ads.

I have to wonder (optimism?) if McAuliffe has a bit of "the fear," for his ads are getting more frequent and more harsh.

Don't let up, Youngkin!
And let us not let up on the push to keep McAuliffe out of office.

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Get out the vote , and we will win Gov, Lt Gov, and Attorney General

Get proactive. Don't just vote. Contact everyone you know who would vote conservative.

^^^
It's worth repeating.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Terry McAuliffe believes parents should have no say in their child's education

in case anyone needs a good laugh, during the recent debate McAuliffe made this announcement:

"Tonight, I have the leading conservative in America here, Bill Kristol , who has endorsed my campaign for governor"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Terry seems a little uncomfortable here:

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/DgM0pxrYiVk

Eager to accept an endorsement, perhaps, regardless who it comes from?

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow, he's an angry man. ^^

I can't believe we even have a chance here. Toss up? That's the best odds in a long time.

Get your friends out to vote!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I sincerely hope we can make him a lot angrier by ensuring he doesn't get another term as governor.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
I think my first posts in the "What's In Your Glass Tonight?" thread happened during his (McAwful's) term. Wink

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Normally the POTUS shows up to campaign with the party candidate for VA Governor. Not this time.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Many people ask me - What can I do to help ?

#1 Vote yourself
#2 encourage others to vote

below is a pic that I distribute to voters

You can copy it, print it out on photo paper and give it to 10 of the people you know (or 100 if you know that many)

Youngkin is gaining a lot of name recognition but Miyares and Sears could benefit from more visibility.

don't "just vote" Make a difference

Even if you have already voted, keep encouraging others. Stress that typically there is significantly less voter turn out in these "off year" elections.

Remind them not to be the person who just "sat it out".

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hell, make fun of them for being stunned into complaisance. Whatever you can reasonably do (we're all burned out on the freaks by now).

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I voted yesterday. I have spoken to Winsome on a number of occasions. I like her spirit immensely.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Saw a video on another forum of Mcawful admitting Biden was not very popular here in Va. As I said before, we have a chance to make a change this time IF the voters turn out.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

video at link of McAwful mentioning biden

https://twitter.com/i/status/1445529299289665542

McAuliffe: Joe Biden "is unpopular today unfortunately here in Virginia."

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
A FoxNews article here says "Virginia Dems press Northam to waive absentee ballot witness signature requirements ahead of governor's race."

"Virginia voters shouldn't have to 'risk their health and safety,' Fairfax County official says."

From the article:
"Democrats in Virginia are using the COVID-19 pandemic to press Gov. Ralph Northam to waive the witness signature requirement for mail-in absentee ballots ahead of the gubernatorial election."

[snip]

"Board of Supervisors Chairman Jeffrey C. McKay, who proposed the letter, reportedly said during Thursday's meeting that some Fairfax residents had expressed fears that they could potentially catch COVID-19 if required to obtain a witness signature to vote."

Short (and admittedly distorted) summary: "I might get the cooties if I have to sign my ballot."

Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

"Democrats in Virginia are using the COVID-19 pandemic to press Gov. Ralph Northam to waive the witness signature requirement for mail-in absentee ballots ahead of the gubernatorial election."

Oh FFS

These Dems are going to milk this Covid BS for years as they use all the fear they create to cheat on election day. Red Face

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Terry McAuliffe (D) has posted his plans to "Protect Virginians"

https://terrymcauliffe.com/iss...violence-prevention/

If elected he will ban the sale of assault weapons and ban high capacity magazines.

"If elected" YOU CAN STOP THIS

Vote:
Glenn Youngkin for Governor
Winsome Sears for LT Governor
Jason Miyares for Attorney General

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Things are heating up.
At the moment the election between Glenn Youngkin (R) and Terry McAuliffe (D) looks like a toss up.

As we campaign, this message is resonating w many voters:

- The race is very close
- Too many voters don't vote in nonpresidential elections.
- In the last month Glenn Youngkin has dramatically increased his name recognition w REP voters. Sears and Miyares still need help

So we keep asking voters to talk to friends who have not voted yet. Urge them to vote.

Don't "just vote". Get out the vote

posted Hide Post
We need to spread the word and get people out to vote so we can try to right this sinking ship.

I was just reading an article on the Washington Compost that stated they are changing Community College names because of woke culture.

So in a time where people are still hurting from this made up virus, they are wasting tax payers money to coddle a bunch of ungrateful vermin.

This is not the 1980's where the internet did not exist and you had to actually work and do research on a topic, business, college etc..

At least two were named after veterans who fought the British in the Revolutionary war to help give these whining vermin the freedoms they have now. I would always like to drag these deadbeats by the neck through time to show them what their life would be like if the British was still in control.

Even if they didn't change the names, its not like these free loaders are going to turn down money or free items.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post