SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
If your phone is taken by FBI or any authorities are you also required to provide them the passwords, for it, or any of your apps, or social media posts ?

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
This makes me want to carry a spare beater/burner phone in my car in case the Stasi comes after me.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
If your phone is taken by FBI or any authorities are you also required to provide them the passwords, for it, or any of your apps, or social media posts ?

As I understand it, they don’t need you to, or even need your device. Facebook didn’t have turn over PM’s, they can basically look at whatever they want, at will.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know a guy who got pinched for doing some grimy shit, peeping on women, got busted in the act. Anyhow, cops demanded he unlock the phone so they could view photos. He refused. Shit got tied up in court for years and they had no way to force him to unlock the phone.

Of course, this is a local case, not exactly the same as an FBI raid.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I forgot the password.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I forgot the password.

Yeah, what the hell are they gonna do?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember the Special Master appointed to this case is a former FISA court judge so he already has the classification clearances and experience to review highly classified materials. So why not let him review them? Trying to hide something DOJ? The FBI has already seen these 100 documents but they don't want this judge to see them.

DOJ partially appeals Trump raid ruling, seeks to keep investigating disputed classified memos

DOJ wants FBI to immediately regain access to about 100 classified documents and not submit them to special master.

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The Biden Justice Department asked a federal appeals court Friday to put on hold part of a judge's order appointing a special master to review documents the FBI seized from Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate.

The department asked the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals to permit the FBI to immediately regain access to about 100 classified documents and not to submit those through the special master's review.

It did not, however, ask the court to reverse the independent arbiter's appointment.

"Although the government believes the district court fundamentally erred in appointing a special master and granting injunctive relief, the government seeks to stay only the portions of the order causing the most serious and immediate harm to the government and the public," the 29-page filing said.

Earlier this month, Trump won a significant victory when a federal judge ordered a special master to review evidence seized by the FBI during its raid of the former president's Florida estate last month.

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon said she would not accept the DOJ's representations about which documents were privileged and which were classified, saying the dispute needed to be reviewed by the master.

"The court's order hamstrings that investigation and places the FBI and Department of Justice (DOJ) under a Damoclean threat of contempt should the court later disagree with how investigators disaggregated their previously integrated criminal-investigative and national-security activities," DOJ's appeal said.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
^That's strange. Why would the Feds want to "immediately regain access to about 100 classified documents?" It's almost like there's some things in them that the Feds don't want the special master to see.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
That's strange. Why would the Feds want to "immediately regain access to about 100 classified documents?" It's almost like there's some things in them that the Feds don't want the special master to see.
Another reason may be that the feds wish to demonstrate how very super extra secret are these documents, and therefore, how much of an enemy to this nation is Donald Trump.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Another reason may be that the feds wish to demonstrate how very super extra secret are these documents, and therefore, how much of an enemy to this nation is Donald Trump.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, they're doing just the opposite. Surely, someone at the FBI realizes this.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

I forgot the password.

What they'll do is charge you with lying to a federal agent. Better to simply invoke your right to remain silent and have an attorney present before being questioned.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
^That's strange. Why would the Feds want to "immediately regain access to about 100 classified documents?" It's almost like there's some things in them that the Feds don't want the special master to see.

It's about FBI lack of accountability and their continued efforts to hide wrongdoing/criminal activity by their own. Prior to leaving office, President Trump declassified droves of documentation showing how the FBI enabled one political party (the Democrats) to slander a candidate for president and (after he succeeded in winning office) then cripple the Office of President of the United States by continuing a narrative they (the FBI) knew to be false. Virtually the only reason these documents were withheld from the public was that they were embarrassing to "The Bureau."

Since FBI managers "slow-walked" the release of these materials past the end of the Trump presidency and into the administration of their political allies, it was hoped these documents could be buried and forgotten. If President Trump retained the docs personally (as appears to be the case), the only way to get them back for the purpose of concealing them, is by retroactively declaring them "Classified" again (something the courts have ruled beyond the power of new administrations) or by seizing them under the authority of a search warrant looking for other material and then "losing" them.

‘Smoking Gun’: Biden Admin Sued For Not Releasing Docs Declassified By Trump On Russia Collusion Investigation

A watchdog is suing President Joe Biden’s Justice Department (DOJ) for not releasing records related to the FBI’s defunct probe into ties between Donald Trump’s campaign and the Russian government — even though the former president declassified the records. Judicial Watch is suing the DOJ to obtain the records, as well as communications between DOJ officials and government employees on the declassification of the records. The lawsuit, which was filed on Aug. 1, comes after the conservative watchdog submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request in February.

“The Obama-Biden Administration and Deep State spying on Trump and his associates is the worst government corruption scandal in American history,” Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, said in a statement Monday. “And to make matters worse, the Biden DOJ simply refuses to release smoking gun documents about this corruption that the American people have an absolute right to see!”

Trump issued a memo on Jan. 19, 2021 declassifying materials in a binder that the DOJ gave to the White House in December 2020 on the “Crossfire Hurricane” probe. However, the binder’s materials never saw the light of day after the DOJ sought to issue redactions over privacy concerns, as detailed in a memo on Jan. 21, 2021 authored by then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who told the DOJ he would return the records.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/0...ed-russia-collusion/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
From what I have heard, it sounds like the special master is the same judge who was lied to during his time on the FISA court by the FBI per Russiagate.

This is downright fascinating stuff…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Special Master in Trump Case Says He Doesn’t Want to See Records Marked Classified
'I don't want to see the material,' judge says in first hearing after being appointed

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...2FUv0NYHL%2FCdfw33my

A U.S. judge appointed as a special master in the legal battle over records held at former President Donald Trump’s home said on Sept. 20 that he prefers not to see the materials marked classified that were seized by FBI agents.

“Let’s not belittle the fact that we are dealing with at least potentially legitimately classified information. The government has a very strong obligation, as all of us, to see it to that that information doesn’t get in the wrong hands,” U.S. District Judge Raymond Dearie, a Reagan appointee, said during a hearing in federal court in New York City.

“It’s not just a matter, it seems to me, of being cleared. It is a matter of need to know. And if you need to know, you will know,” he added. “That’s the way I see it. If I can make my judgments without—I don’t want to see the material—it’s presumably sensitive material. If I can make my recommendation to Judge Cannon, right or wrong, without exposing myself or you to that material, I will do it. On the other hand, if I can’t, we have to take another alternative.”

Dearie was speaking in the first hearing held since U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, chose the judge as the special master in the Trump records case.

The U.S. government says it took 103 documents marked classified from Mar-a-Lago in August, along with over 11,000 non-classified documents. The government is trying to shield the documents from Trump’s lawyers and Dearie, while Trump’s team says it wants to see the papers.

“I believe we have a need to know, absolutely,” James Trusty, one of Trump’s attorneys, told Dearie during the hearing.

He said that issues surrounding the lawsuit Trump filed against the government cannot be fully addressed without having “some access” to the materials.

Trusty holds security clearance. He requested expedited clearance for other lawyers on Trump’s team, who do not have clearance as of now, to enable them to also see the documents marked classified, which Trump has said he declassified.

Cannon ordered Dearie to review “all of the materials” seized by the FBI and to ensure that the latest inventory disclosed by the government is accurate, among other duties.

Dearie had a slightly different read of the order, saying Cannon asked him to “address the classification status of the seized documents.”

Julie Edelstein, a Department of Justice National Security Division official, told Dearie that Trump’s lawyers shouldn’t access the documents in question.

“We would like to reiterate the point that your honor made that there must be a need to know to share classified information. And in addition to that, even if Mr. Trusty has a top secret clearance, that clearance alone without a reason should he have a need to know would not be sufficient to see a number of the documents at issue in this case,” she said. “Some of the documents are so sensitive that even members of the team that is investigating possible offenses here have not yet been provided the clearances to see these documents.”

Trusty said he was astounded that the government’s position is that Trump’s lawyers don’t have a need to know. “It’s kind of an amazing juncture to be dismissive of even one attorney having access to the documents that form the justification for their raid,” he said.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Special Master in Trump Case Says He Doesn’t Want to See Records Marked Classified
'I don't want to see the material,' judge says in first hearing after being appointed

And so it begins. "I don't want to see whether or not President Trump is guilty and I damn sure don't want his lawyers to be able to prove his innocence. Also, wanna cover for my for my boys over at the bureau by not exposing their asshatery" What a fucking joke. Justice in this country has been dead for some time now and we need a great reset. Para, I apologize in advance because I know you don't like negativity in these threads but it's just hard to sit and watch a rigged game. I wish President Trump well and I'll do everything I can to support him and my hope is that one day, he will be vindicated!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
An actual photo of Special Master:

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
So how exactly is this supposed to work then?

Imagine the police arrest an alleged serial murderer with a bag containing the head of one of his victims. That's the only evidence.

But the judge can't look at what is inside the bag, the lawyers can't look at what is inside the bag, the jury can't look at what is inside the bag, and the media can't look at what is inside the bag.

The only people that can look inside the bag is the police, and we must all take their word that what they're telling us is accurate.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
An actual photo of Special Master:

Hire a taster for his fish heads quick.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

I forgot the password.

Sorry, I left my face at home.....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post