SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have a problem.. have bought multiple guns that I have yet to shoot - Anyone else?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a problem.. have bought multiple guns that I have yet to shoot - Anyone else? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
It seems range trips always come to mind when I don’t have time and something else is always a priority.

The rifles are almost understandable as there are not a lot of rifle range options near me and I don’t particularly enjoy shooting a rifle at 50’ in an indoor range. While I am not averse to “plinking” in the woods, I prefer to go first to a range to make sure sights or scope are set before going outdoors to a quarry or pit where it is a less controlled environment.

Handguns are a little harder to explain away. I have a range close, they are very reasonably priced. I am retired and in theory have a lot of time. Yet it just never seems to get done. I am at the point now where trying to get everything test fired would be an all day or multi day event which is even more daunting along with then having to devote a couple days to cleaning them!

Over the past few years I have purchased the following firearms and they sit unfired since purchase:

Savage .308 Bolt Action Rifle (2016)
Springfield Armory M1A (2018)
H&K HK45 (2021)
Sig P322 (2022)
Sig P365X (2022)
Sig P365XL (2022)

Maybe I have actually reached the point where I have too many firearms? Is it abuse or neglect? Have I become a “hoarder”?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Not just you, boss... I have handgun "projects" that just haven't been out to play yet, but rifles are a problem for me because of range availability.

OK, maybe not "range" availability... more "availability of ranges where I don't have to deal with other assholes, range Nazis, or membership processes that'd make Skull & Bones look like a bowling league."

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I have several I haven't shot yet. Life has been really busy for me and with moving, I'm not even a member at a club right now.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that the M1A I sold you?

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two guns-a rifle and a handgun-I just haven't had time to shoot.I hope to make time to do it next week-just have to see.

I don't think you are too different than a lot of us.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've got a few in the safe now that haven't been shot and I've sold a few that were never shot. I'm trying to be better about it lately.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Please count me in on the Karma. Thanks!

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Not me. My guns have a purpose and if things change and I don't shoot them they get sold.
I got rid of a 1911 and a Glock to and used the funds for a mountain bike I'll get more enjoyment from.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do I start. Just picked up a glock 21 gen4 with several standard mags for a song. Couldn’t pass up a deal. Never mind stuff over the years I haven’t gotten around to shooting yet. Some used rifles were acquired solely because they came with a nice piece of glass that was worth more than cost of rifle but I wanted the glass on something else. Then I’m stuck with a rifle that has no scope.

I Also have several frames and receivers that were acquired cheap and will be either sold when I die or eventually built into working guns as time and funds allow. 2 teens suck a lot of time and energy and funds that would otherwise go into toys.

I did actually shoot one the last range trip. Keltec p11 that I found for like $100 and I said it can’t be that bad can it a few years ago. and my boy who usually picks a gun or 2 for each range trip said let’s take it. Yeah. The trigger is just as atrocious with live fire as well as dry.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
LaRue AR15
Wilson Combat AR15
Sig 320 with WC module, RMR
Sig 2022
Marlin 1895GBL in 45-70
Winchester 94 .30-30
Ruger 10/22 Charger in a chassis with 6” Kid barrel
Llama .22 Revolver
Beretta M9A1
Springfield M1 Garand (Gift)
Springfield 1903 Mk1 (Gift)
A couple of air guns as well

I have no idea what you are talking about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I have a Bushmaster rifle that I bought during the federal AWB that remains unfired. No good reason, but just never got around to shooting it. Plus, since it's an AWB era gun, it lacks a flash suppressor and a couple of other things, so I just don't like it.

I also have some pinned/recessed unfired S&W revolvers , and they remain unfired. I just feel bad being the one to fire it first, since some are now somewhat collectable when unfired.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Totally normal. Smile

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe I’m reading this.

Posts: 958 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
I fail to see the problem. Cool
Guns and Ammo; better to have too many than not enough.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Not a significant problem. Make a show of putting them on the 'to do' list. You're okay.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have guns I have never shot to give to kids. I have magazines for guns I don’t own and ammo for guns I don’t own.

Posts: 1745 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
When you get up in years and you know your kids are not interested, may be time to reduce the inventory. That's where I am at.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Q says normal, I’m good

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Yep, got a new AK and 2 Sigs.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Yup. I've got a bunch I've never shot.

It seems the thrill of the hunt to find and buy them outweighs the fun of shooting them.
I've got plenty to shoot, and I don't like to sell 'my stuff'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post