SIGforum
I have a problem.. have bought multiple guns that I have yet to shoot - Anyone else?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4200098994

April 05, 2023, 03:03 PM
911Boss
I have a problem.. have bought multiple guns that I have yet to shoot - Anyone else?
It seems range trips always come to mind when I don’t have time and something else is always a priority.

The rifles are almost understandable as there are not a lot of rifle range options near me and I don’t particularly enjoy shooting a rifle at 50’ in an indoor range. While I am not averse to “plinking” in the woods, I prefer to go first to a range to make sure sights or scope are set before going outdoors to a quarry or pit where it is a less controlled environment.

Handguns are a little harder to explain away. I have a range close, they are very reasonably priced. I am retired and in theory have a lot of time. Yet it just never seems to get done. I am at the point now where trying to get everything test fired would be an all day or multi day event which is even more daunting along with then having to devote a couple days to cleaning them!

Over the past few years I have purchased the following firearms and they sit unfired since purchase:

Savage .308 Bolt Action Rifle (2016)
Springfield Armory M1A (2018)
H&K HK45 (2021)
Sig P322 (2022)
Sig P365X (2022)
Sig P365XL (2022)

Maybe I have actually reached the point where I have too many firearms? Is it abuse or neglect? Have I become a “hoarder”?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

April 05, 2023, 03:19 PM
DennisM
Not just you, boss... I have handgun "projects" that just haven't been out to play yet, but rifles are a problem for me because of range availability.

OK, maybe not "range" availability... more "availability of ranges where I don't have to deal with other assholes, range Nazis, or membership processes that'd make Skull & Bones look like a bowling league."
April 05, 2023, 03:21 PM
6guns
I have several I haven't shot yet. Life has been really busy for me and with moving, I'm not even a member at a club right now.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
April 05, 2023, 03:21 PM
DaBigBR
Is that the M1A I sold you?
April 05, 2023, 03:22 PM
straightshooter1
I have two guns-a rifle and a handgun-I just haven't had time to shoot.I hope to make time to do it next week-just have to see.

I don't think you are too different than a lot of us.

Bob
April 05, 2023, 03:22 PM
mark60
I've got a few in the safe now that haven't been shot and I've sold a few that were never shot. I'm trying to be better about it lately.
April 05, 2023, 03:25 PM
Paten
Please count me in on the Karma. Thanks!
April 05, 2023, 03:30 PM
Ryanp225
Not me. My guns have a purpose and if things change and I don't shoot them they get sold.
I got rid of a 1911 and a Glock to and used the funds for a mountain bike I'll get more enjoyment from.
April 05, 2023, 03:36 PM
ElToro
Where do I start. Just picked up a glock 21 gen4 with several standard mags for a song. Couldn’t pass up a deal. Never mind stuff over the years I haven’t gotten around to shooting yet. Some used rifles were acquired solely because they came with a nice piece of glass that was worth more than cost of rifle but I wanted the glass on something else. Then I’m stuck with a rifle that has no scope.

I Also have several frames and receivers that were acquired cheap and will be either sold when I die or eventually built into working guns as time and funds allow. 2 teens suck a lot of time and energy and funds that would otherwise go into toys.

I did actually shoot one the last range trip. Keltec p11 that I found for like $100 and I said it can’t be that bad can it a few years ago. and my boy who usually picks a gun or 2 for each range trip said let’s take it. Yeah. The trigger is just as atrocious with live fire as well as dry.
April 05, 2023, 03:41 PM
Black92LX
LaRue AR15
Wilson Combat AR15
Sig 320 with WC module, RMR
Sig 2022
Marlin 1895GBL in 45-70
Winchester 94 .30-30
Ruger 10/22 Charger in a chassis with 6” Kid barrel
Llama .22 Revolver
Beretta M9A1
Springfield M1 Garand (Gift)
Springfield 1903 Mk1 (Gift)
A couple of air guns as well

I have no idea what you are talking about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
April 05, 2023, 03:44 PM
radioman
I have a Bushmaster rifle that I bought during the federal AWB that remains unfired. No good reason, but just never got around to shooting it. Plus, since it's an AWB era gun, it lacks a flash suppressor and a couple of other things, so I just don't like it.

I also have some pinned/recessed unfired S&W revolvers , and they remain unfired. I just feel bad being the one to fire it first, since some are now somewhat collectable when unfired.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
April 05, 2023, 04:02 PM
Totally normal. Smile

Q

April 05, 2023, 04:38 PM
400m
I can’t believe I’m reading this.
April 05, 2023, 04:48 PM
D_Steve
I fail to see the problem. Cool
Guns and Ammo; better to have too many than not enough.

"Let's Go Brandon"
April 05, 2023, 04:51 PM
bdylan
Not a significant problem. Make a show of putting them on the 'to do' list. You're okay.
April 05, 2023, 05:00 PM
1flynDO
I have guns I have never shot to give to kids. I have magazines for guns I don’t own and ammo for guns I don’t own.
April 05, 2023, 05:01 PM
Hamden106
When you get up in years and you know your kids are not interested, may be time to reduce the inventory. That's where I am at.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
April 05, 2023, 05:10 PM
MRBTX
If Q says normal, I’m good
April 05, 2023, 05:13 PM
mcrimm
Yep, got a new AK and 2 Sigs.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
April 05, 2023, 05:18 PM
WaterburyBob
Yup. I've got a bunch I've never shot.

It seems the thrill of the hunt to find and buy them outweighs the fun of shooting them.
I've got plenty to shoot, and I don't like to sell 'my stuff'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards